Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
God is actually not evil, but the other "god" is the wicked one ... another example of misbelief is that God created the devil ... which is not possible ... it is written that the devilish spirits such as satan, the beast, the death, the hell, etc. are unsouled manifestations(spirits) of the "darkness", which is also not created by God, but indefinitely existing without a beginning or end like God Himself (Genesis 1:1-2)

God ... has not been able to stop the manifestation of the "darkness", because He fell into some kind of half-sleep on the seventh day...

...I don't believe that God knows all the future ahead of time ... Until we decide, the future is open-ended , both for ourselves and for God. God's knowledge of the future is"iffy."

I realize that this forum is not for debate, or for theological discussions, but (like John) I felt that something needed to be said (and this one post is all I will say here about this).

This is a Christians-only board, which means Christianity "within" the pale of orthodoxy (and the "advice" given here also needs to be of an orthodox nature, not heretical). Discussions that involve "Open Theism", or an "evil god" and UN-created "darkness/dark forces", and/or a "god" who is not sovereign/omnipotent/omniscient/omnipresent in/over his own creation and is, in fact, both "asleep" on the job and too "weak" to handle the darkness is, at best, heresy, and that needs to be discussed on the Controversial Theology Board, not here.

If you want to discuss Open Theism, the nature of God, or the Creation, I'd be happy to, but it needs to be done on a different board.

"I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things which have not been done, saying, ‘My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all My good pleasure'" ~Is 46:9-10

"All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being." ~Jn 1:3 "By Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created by Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." ~Col 1:16-17

“Before Me there was no God formed, and there will be none after Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other; besides Me there is no God." Is 43:10/Is 45:5

"I am the LORD, and there is no other, the One forming light and creating darkness, causing well-being and creating calamity/(evil .. KJV); I am the LORD who does all these." Is 45:6-7
Here are CF's (abridged) rules for the Christian Advice Board, just FYI:

Christian Advice is a non-debate area. Christian advice is defined as advice which contains basic Christian principles that do not conflict with the site's Statement of Faith. Christian Advice is not a debate forum, nor is it a place to discuss theology. If you wish to debate Christian theology, there are other forums dedicated to that purpose.

Yours and His,
David

Last edited:
Reactions: John Davidson
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Ghostsofwinter

Hi my friend. I wanted to let you know about another valuable resource. It is the "Calvary Satellite Network". It is a radio station and you can also listen in online. It has good solid bible teachers all day long.

Here is the link: http://www.csnradio.com/listen/

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In response to the biblical contradictions, I was referring to such things as who the father of Joseph (married to Mary) was. According to Matthew 1:16, Jacob is the father of Joseph ("and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.") but in Luke 3:23, it indicates that Heli was the father of Joseph ("
Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli.")

@Ghostsofwinter

I don't know if this may help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heli_(biblical_figure)

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/who-was-jesus-grandfather

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I briefly glanced over the discussions that took place today and will need to read them a bit more closely later tonight when things settle down here.

Hi Ghostsofwinter,

Did you have a chance to explore any of the links today?

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Your ATTENTION PLEASE