On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to the video, the problem is happening now and has been happening for some while. The problem will be acute in thirteen years and the entire ecosystem will fail. Mankind will starve to death and so the end comes.

Armoured, what do you propose we do? Draft workers to go to Antarctica and glue down sheet of plastic? Perhaps enact a tax? Riot in the streets and burn some cars?

Frankly I'm far too occupied with global warming, global cooling, Nuclear power, "the Bomb", the military-industrial complex, the oncoming Mongol hordes, the Masonic Lodge taking over the world, and organized religion poisoning minds by distracting people from communism to get worked up.

Do what you want. I'm done here.
LOL!

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Well just looked up Dr Guy McPherson,
Guy McPherson - RationalWiki

Hmmm.

In relation to this, it seems academics cannot actually connect dots, or "interests" prevent them from highlighting "lines."

See, radiation can also affect global temperature - in the same way a local star or planet emitting radiation can have a massive effect on planets. If the truth was told about the collective dynamics on earth, and in the cosmos, then we "laypersons" may actually start to connect the dots and see through the ludicrousness that prevents them from coming together and preparing as a people.

Nah... let's just buy stuff, and focus on distractions.

This is way worse than global warming, and even as someone who thinks AGW is alarmist, it was noteworthy. But, who cares?! The entire world is sort of understanably distracted by life, and circumstances. But, I am personally ticked off, because for six years I have been following this thing, and dodging conversations about such at parties and the "water cooler," because of fear of ridicule first, without consideration. The analogous example would be like someone who believes in global warming and human influence of it speaking to someone doesn't believe even an infinitesimal amount of human action influences global warming. I actually dont believe in AGW extremism, but I can certainly agree human provide a perturbation to the problem. It is infuriating that the world is literally ending, and when brought up it seems everyone is in a spell of incredulity and apathy. I won't even have kids because of the current paradigm. But, that is my choice, and my opinions are my opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own, and it isnt necessarily right. Although, I can provide the science to back up the legitimate alarmist nuclear doom from Fukishima if needed/necessary.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have a philosophy that more or less states "It's never wrong to do the right thing..."

Environmentally speaking, I feel blessed and thankful that I grew up with plants and trees and rain water I could drink and lakes I could swim in without getting cancer and air I could breath without my nose stinging or eyes tearing up...

Thus, I feel compelled to want to pass those benefits on to my children.
I feel compelled to leave the planet better off than I found it.

And yet, apparently, I'm in the minority??? :(

What can we do?

Simple:
#1) From this moment forth, 100% of all consumer vehicles should be at a minimum hybrids and we should commit to phasing out the gasoline combustion engine in the next 20 years.
#2) Seriously invest in renewable energy Especially hydro... I saw a proposal that basically was building windmills underwater along all major coastlines, it was calculated to be able to provide most if not all the power for the US at a cost of around a Trillion dollars. THere are other great ideas as well...
#3) At all levels stop the over pollution: No more junk mail, stop using 20 times the volume of cardboard to pack one little item, etc.
#4) Recycling at all levels should be seen as your civic duty.
#5) Serious Trillion dollar level investing in Public and Transnational transportation. There is no reason for everyone to have cars. Incentivize the consumer to not have a car, i.e. by having incredible public transport that runs on an electrical grid produced by renewable energy...

The above isn't pie in the sky. It is very doable. We just have to end our addiction with oil and fossil fuels.

Upvote 0