Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My comment is with the Nature Scientific Reports article which isn't a Catholic publication AFAIK. I also disagree with Michie's assessment, but again I don't believe Michie was necessarily presenting Catholic teaching on the subject.
I have stepped over the line in the past and I do apologise for that. I fall somewhere on the spectrum of autism which often causes me to lack for a filter of any kind. It annoys my wife to no end and I am incredibly blessed that she has stuck with me. You may also notice me jumping into the fray to defend Catholicism against some of the ridiculous caricatures that get posted on this forum at times. I don't mean to cause offence but realise I often do, and for that I am sorry.
Thank you for your reply. Please do try to apply a filter, even if hard. What I try to do, but am not always successful at, is to wait and to pray before posting. I get in less trouble that way. There are many posts of yours in other parts of CF that are good to excellent. In that I do appreciate you.

• Friendly
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,455.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If it was as described in the article then Lot and his family could not have gotten far enough away to escape a fiery death. I prefer to accept the biblical supranatural account rather than look for natural explanations.
Nobody is stopping you. I find these discoveries interesting myself.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0