• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Experimental Schizophrenia Treatment- Sarcosine

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟114,179.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have found an experimental treatment for schizophrenia called sarcosine! It is about 2 years out from being available from a pharmacy via prescription but it is available for order on the internet right now! Sarcosine is nearly miraculous, works GREAT, no side effects, nothing, not a thing! It has a strong effect on negative symptoms and some on positives. Taking it I can now smile and laugh for the first time since I was a kid, I don't know what to do with myself! Alot of people don't know about sarcosine, even alot of doctors don't know about it. My psychiatrist is a professor in the psychiatry department at the local hospital med school (Penn State Hershey), a top-flight med school, I told her about sarcosine and she said she had never heard of it! She then checked into it and said it looked very promising! I am willing to bet she will now share word of this with her students and other psychiatrists, this will probably help alot of people.

My psychiatrist probably has connections with other doctors working in inpatient psych hospitals, if she tells them about this they may start giving sarcosine to their patients and it may help them enough that they can be discharged and lead normal lives on the outside!

Like I said most people do not know about sarcosine right now but when this breaks it will make the news and it will probably help millions of people, it is a breakthrough treatment for sure!