Visit site
✟64,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Sts. Peter, James and John had a glimpse of Heaven on Mt. Tabor and St. Paul had a glimpse of Heaven on the road to Damascus, and countless other Saints have had the same experience after them.

Upvote 0

DrFrank

May 20, 2010
✟494.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Heaven is very much a real place.The Apostle John was given detailed visions of heaven which are contained in the Book of Revelation.I am publishing a chapter by chapter explanation of this book in easy to understand language in the Christian Scriptures forum on this website.On Friday the next chapter I will be analyzing primarily describes John's vision of heaven and the activities that will soon take place there.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Shalom!

I've read many reports of NDE survivors that they saw certain visions which could only be described as heaven. Does that mean a glimpse of heaven is possible? Is heaven a place like earth, or is it a subjective experience?

Any (Biblical) insights welcome.

Yes, the phrase "Heaven on Earth" or some derivative is used with great frequency to refer to the Divine Liturgy of the Orthodox Church. I assure you that you don't have to have a Near-Death Experience.

"The church is the earthly heaven in which the heavenly God dwells and moves." - St. Germanus, Patriarch of Constantinople

:angel:

Upvote 0