• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Experience with LDN?

Not Perfect

May 13, 2020
Kirksville
✟16,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi all! I am starting a course of low-dose Naltrexone to try to cope with my OCD and anxiety issues. It's not the most conventional treatment, but it is favored by many doctors with a holistic/naturalist bent, especially for anxiety. I am hopeful for good results, and excited to try this new treatment.

I am curious: has anyone taken this drug for OCD? What has your experience been?

DISCLAIMER: I am taking this under the supervision of a doctor, and am also seeing a therapist for my OCD. I'm not asking for treatment advice; just curious what others' experiences have been. Talk to your doctor about any treatment you are interested in.

Last edited:

Dendy

Nov 30, 2014
✟19,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey. My quality of life would be terrible without my medication. I'm on an SSRI drug called Paxil. I just can't get past the fears without it. I still have them and I still ask for reassurance from my husband sometimes but I am able to get past them so much faster and I don't have them as often. For me it took about 10 to 14 days to start working and got better and better each day for about 5 months. I noticed it was working when I quit washing my hand faster. I knew they were clean sooner. I have one of the worst cases ever.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Not Perfect
Upvote 0