• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Experience of "alternative lifestyles"?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by AllTalkNoAction, Oct 12, 2009.

1. AllTalkNoAction

AllTalkNoAction Potentially Wonderful

+70
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Has anyone tried / is anyone trying alternatives such as Hippy/commune, Wicca, eastern religion . . . lifestyles?

If so, why did you start, and if applicable, why did you stop?
    (Or maybe you can relate someone else's story).

I'm sure some people who havn't will want to discuss what the norm is that people might want to be "alternative" to . . . I suppose I mean that you no longer believe you can find true happiness and fulfilment from job and or family alone, and you have no faith in what you see as "Christianity"

I have friends who started either because parents/friends started or because they were disillusioned with the norm.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Zoness

Zoness 667, neighbor of the beast Supporter

+1,568
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
    Admittedly I do in fact periodically bounce back to both Wiccan and eastern religious thoughts and styles of life. Disillusionment is a very large part of it. After growing up Catholic all of my life and having that slammed down my throat I thought Protestantism would be a nice change. Unfortunately I found out that they were just as bad, if not worse at times about it. I dated a girl who was very conservative Baptist and was homeschooled. Her family despised me and went to a lot of work to break us up, very Christ like of them. Also I am attracted to a lot of the thoughts and ideas in other religions. Christianity has gained a very negative stigma over the centuries and it has become very materialistic. My best friends are Wiccan and their behavior towards me as always been far superior to that of most Christian "friends" I had. Regardless of my beliefs, they always treated me with respect and dignity. Right now I consider myself a Christian but too unorthodox for a church, so I am church-less.

That's an ultra-rapid summary.

3. AllTalkNoAction

+70
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Thanks, I think a lot of "Christians" don't actually know Christ's way or follow it, and they don't even realise it!!

4. donb1959

donb1959 Jesus Freak

+4
    Christian
    Married
    True that, always has been that way. I believe in Christ and I attempt to follow Him as closely as possible. Following Christ is not an easy road, fulfilling and joyful yes, easy no.

Shalom,
    DonB

5. Zoness

Zoness 667, neighbor of the beast Supporter

+1,568
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
    Yeah I know.

6. Trust--N--Him

Trust--N--Him Free Man

+0
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    when i was 19 i started to think that the "natrual" was the right way to think so i thought the "how could the bible be true" theory. Then i got caught back up in respecting God again and his word.

7. Albion

Albion Factchecker

+31,854
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    Are you looking for a new church to join, one that we could help you find?

8. AllTalkNoAction

+70
    Pentecostal
    Single
    No, I can help people who are looking at these alternatives as I have friends who tried them

9. AllTalkNoAction

+70
    Pentecostal
    Single
    I guess we are a fairly conservative lot on here then!

10. Alizera

Alizera Just trying to figure everything out.

+10
    Anglican
    Married
    Most of my friends that I have are not religious at all so I'm kinda the odd one out of the bunch. I was in the neopagan lifestyle before but not anymore.

11. SoulSurfer

SoulSurfer Veteran

+20
    Pagan
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I became Pagan because I realized that it was the right religion for me. I also learned that Christianity grew out of Paganism. I consider myself an eclectic Goddess worshiper.