• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Exegesis of subtle satan

Discussion in 'Sabbath and The Law' started by Hezekiah81, Sep 25, 2021.

Was the sabbath commandment against you?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Hezekiah81

Hezekiah81 Christ died for me so I died for him

+175
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    No just your fallacious interpretation of it.

2. SabbathBlessings

SabbathBlessings Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,366
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Yes, we receive the rest in Christ though the keeping of the Sabbath, spending time with God.

Here is a beautiful sermon regarding the two rests you mention, I hope you will take a minute or two to listen. The presenter did an amazing job of sharing this love story of the rest we have in our Savior

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  3. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,411
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Maybe others like to listen to sermons. Thanks for offering.

4. SabbathBlessings

+2,366
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    You’re welcome. It really is a beautiful sermon.

God bless

5. Hezekiah81

+175
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    You've been set free from sin and are no longer under the condemnation of the law if Christ's Spirit indeed dwells in you. God doesn't change, what was sin and an abomination in the tanakh is still today and God still expects you to walk in his ways. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness not the end of the law period. Man doesn't decide what righteous living is God most high does. God bless you.

6. MMXX

MMXX Brian

+3,929
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    As usual I'm hearing about man-made doctrine from those who repeat what they've learned from Ellen White, Doug Batchelor and 3ABN etc.

7. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,589
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Sure. Read the New Testament. The Sabbath is no longer mandated as a particular day of the week. There are over 600 commandments in the OT. Some apply to Levites, some only to women, but there are quite a few still. Which do you follow and which do you not? If you catch an infectious disease, do you burn your house down as instructed?

8. MMXX

MMXX Brian

+3,929
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    There's set guidelines written many hundreds of years after the Bible on how all of that works.

9. Aussie Pete

+6,589
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Set by whom? The Jews? If you refer to the Talmud, that has nothing to do with Christianity. They are the guidelines that the Pharisees used to attack the Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus rejected their religiosity.

10. Hezekiah81

+175
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Please share with me one iota of scripture that says the sabbath is abolished, I just took away with ease by the help of the set-apart Spirit mixed up religion's favorite go to verse to justify not keeping it, but you know what happens when the foundation of your doctrine isn't rooted in truth, it cannot stand.

11. Aussie Pete

+6,589
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Colossians 2:16 does it for me.

12. MMXX

MMXX Brian

+3,929
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    No not the Jews. From what I hear the Jews are offended by the gentile Christian version of how to keep the sabbath and other select laws. Some of the founders were Francis Bampfield, James Ockford, Peter Chamberlen, William Saller, among others from the 17th century. The most well known and prolific one is Ellen G. White from the 19th century.

13. Aussie Pete

+6,589
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Give me a break. White was the one claimed that God warned her against eating meat. This may have been right for her and her health problems, but it's contrary to God's word. I know nothing of the others that you mention.

I tried to read White's book, "The Great Controversy..." I had no idea who she was at the time. The book was given to me by someone I now know to be SDA. He was a really nice guy. He gave me a workout book, Strong's Concordance. The workout was carrying it around. Just kidding. It was very useful.

SDA teaches annihilation of the soul and does not differentiate between soul and spirit. Neither of those are Biblical.

If you want to keep the Sabbath then you have to keep it without even a hint of work. How you do that, I do not know. Driving a car is work. There is one SDA meeting place where I live. I doubt that very many SDA (or religious Christians) observe the Sabbath correctly. In which case, they are doomed. It's a bit sad, but that's the way they've chosen.

14. MMXX

MMXX Brian

+3,929
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Not abolished. Fulfilled.

15. Hezekiah81

+175
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I can't force you to believe, I know it's shocking when you realize mixed up religion has got it wrong and has been deceiving sincere believers in Christ. Don't you want what God has made for you? All I can do is tell you to pray to God on this matter and see what he puts in your heart. God bless you.

16. Hezekiah81

+175
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Haven't you heard Christ blotted out those man fabricated ordinances, all God commands you to do is do no work and keep it holy, all those burdensome commands man says you have to keep are not part of the sabbath day God sanctified. It was made for you not against you. God bless you.

17. Hezekiah81

+175
    United States
    Christian
    Single

18. Hezekiah81

+175
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Fixed my typos now it is without error. God bless you.

19. SabbathBlessings

+2,366
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Did you know there is more than one Sabbath in the Bible? There is the Sabbath that is part of an eternal covenant and one of the commandments of God that gives us holy time with our Savior on His holy day. Exodus 20:8-11 The other sabbath(s) is an ordinance in the law of Moses, written by Moses and it is about the yearly sabbath(s) feast days that ended with Jesus as our sacrifice. If you read Colossians 2:14-16 in context, it is really easy to know which sabbath(s) it is referring to. God’s weekly Sabbath is not a shadow as it points to Creation “Remember the Sabbath day”. Exodus 20:8-11 Genesis 2:1-3. The weekly Sabbath commandment has nothing to do with food or drink. You are free to believe what you want but getting this right is important. Matthew 5:19

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The Sabbath will continue to be God’s chosen day of worship on the New Heaven and New Earth for eternity Isaiah 66:23 which is not going to be new for the saints who still keep the commandments of God. Revelations 14:12, Revelations 22:14. Hopefully you will consider these scriptures in prayer. God bless!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  20. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+3,915
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I cannot see man's fabricated doctrine in the verses below.

Romans 3:28
    For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law (Sabbath).

Romans 4:15
    For the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law (Sabbath), there also is no violation.

Romans 6:14
    For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law (Sabbath) but under grace.

Romans 6:15
    What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law (Sabbath) but under grace?

I am not required to obey the law and that is what the apostle taught.