Executive Privelege

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It's not being done out of "spite", it's being done out of concern over the potential for conflicts of interest. Trump is the first President in modern times to refuse to release his tax returns. Why? In some cases the states will have to pass such bill during the next general election so it may not even prevent Trump from being on the next ballot, so again, it's not being done out of spite that is directed at a single individual.

Secondly, its not *just* California, it's a total of 18 states, so again, it can hardly be a matter of "spite".

What is Trump's returns going to do to prove conflict of interest. You don't need his returns for that. We already know he has businesses in other countries. Tax returns aren't going to prove anything. And it is out of spite. It's Democratic law makers that are passing these laws.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
People are just nosy. It doesn't matter what other president's have done. It's none if our business. It's only our business if they broke the law. Is there any evidence of Trump doing something legislatively to benefit his own business elsewhere that can be proven by his tax return? No! It's a fishing expedition. We ALREADY KNOW he has businesses in other countries. His tax returns won't do anything more than what we already know.

What is Trump's returns going to do to prove conflict of interest. You don't need his returns for that. We already know he has businesses in other countries. Tax returns aren't going to prove anything.

Tax returns could show how he benefited from certain tax breaks that he pushed through. It could show to whom he's indebted and highlight some self-dealing with regards to how the government has treated those entities.

One thing the returns won't show but that I'm also interested in seeing are how his family members are affected by all of this - I could totally see him doing something that primarily benefits his kids and not himself.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Tax returns could show how he benefited from certain tax breaks that he pushed through. It could show to whom he's indebted and highlight some self-dealing with regards to how the government has treated those entities.

One thing the returns won't show but that I'm also interested in seeing are how his family members are affected by all of this - I could totally see him doing something that primarily benefits his kids and not himself.

Oh come on. Seriously? It's Congress that passes tax laws and not the president. And ALL people get breaks from tax breaks including the president no matter who they are. The same goes for congressmen who voted for the tax breaks. We want tax breaks. We can't expect Congress or the president to exempt themselves from tax breaks they pass. That would be ridiculous. Trump benefiting from tax breaks doesn't prove a thing.

• Agree
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

From recent television ads/ commercials/ infomercials,

ALL of the rich people , anyone who owes tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars ,

IS benefiting to the tune of tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars owed that

they "get out of paying", "legally", while the small income people pay more and more ....

If someone is a millionaire, the government/ corporations might give them tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars benefits....

way way way more than any 'common' person (with income less than 50k)

can even dream of ....

It is not equality at all, not politically, not socially, not economically ----

the rich are getting richer, the very rich are even more so,

and the poor are more oppressed every day.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh come on. Seriously? It's Congress that passes tax laws and not the president. And ALL people get breaks from tax breaks including the president no matter who they are. The same goes for congressmen who voted for the tax breaks. We want tax breaks. We can't expect Congress or the president to exempt themselves from tax breaks they pass. That would be ridiculous. Trump benefiting from tax breaks doesn't prove a thing.

I don't recall absolving Congress from being complicit in this.

And the most recent tax cut package included a bunch of changes to how businesses (particularly privately-owned businesses) were taxed, with a bunch of exceptions made for all sorts of industries. I'm sure some of those were justified, but between the hurried manner in which the law was pushed through (typos included) and the questionable justifications for at least some of its provisions, it's not unreasonable to imagine that some self-dealing could've made it through.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
From recent television ads/ commercials/ infomercials,

ALL of the rich people , anyone who owes tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars ,

IS benefiting to the tune of tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars owed that

they "get out of paying", "legally", while the small income people pay more and more ....

If someone is a millionaire, the government/ corporations might give them tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars benefits....

way way way more than any 'common' person (with income less than 50k)

can even dream of ....

It is not equality at all, not politically, not socially, not economically ----

the rich are getting richer, the very rich are even more so,

and the poor are more oppressed every day.

So there is something wrong with behavior that's legal?

What I do not support is the use of my money to be given to business. Corporate welfare is an abomination I'm my opinion and NOT what the founders intended. Individuals or businesses should not be given government money. We should not be subsidising anything.

The poor are NOT getting poorer. They are doing better than before Trump took office. In fact our poor do better than most people in the world.

You’re richer than you think… and these graphs prove it. | Money Tip Central

• Agree
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The poor are NOT getting poorer. They are doing better than before Trump took office. In fact our poor do better than most people in the world.

Look again.

I did not say the poor are getting poorer. (even if many of the very poor are)

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I don't recall absolving Congress from being complicit in this.

And the most recent tax cut package included a bunch of changes to how businesses (particularly privately-owned businesses) were taxed, with a bunch of exceptions made for all sorts of industries. I'm sure some of those were justified, but between the hurried manner in which the law was pushed through (typos included) and the questionable justifications for at least some of its provisions, it's not unreasonable to imagine that some self-dealing could've made it through.

Self dealing by whom? Trump didn't write the law. There is no way to prove that he did anything wrong by his tax returns. Do you expect him or anyone to exempt themselves from laws passed that would benefit businesses?

• Agree
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Look again.

I did not say the poor are getting poorer. (even if many of the very poor are)
What did you mean by more oppressed the. You said the rich are getting richer then contrasted that with the poor are more oppressed. It's natural that a contrast would be an opposite. So please clarify.

• Agree
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Self dealing by whom? Trump didn't write the law.

Even if the executive branch isn't solely responsible for a tax bill, they still propose and lobby for parts of it with the congressmen doing the actual drafting. The president still sends a budget to congress.

There is no way to prove that he did anything wrong by his tax returns.

Keep telling yourself that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What did you mean by more oppressed the. You said the rich are getting richer then contrasted that with the poor are more oppressed. It's natural that a contrast would be an opposite. So please clarify.
I spoke clearly.
The rich are getting richer. (easy to do an internet search and verify this)

And the poor are getting more oppressed (every day).

This will continue until Jesus returns, as written in Scripture.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I spoke clearly.
The rich are getting richer. (easy to do an internet search and verify this)

And the poor are getting more oppressed (every day).

This will continue until Jesus returns, as written in Scripture.
You still didn't say how the poor are getting more oppressed.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Even if the executive branch isn't solely responsible for a tax bill, they still propose and lobby for parts of it with the congressmen doing the actual drafting. The president still sends a budget to congress.

Keep telling yourself that.

And what laws did Trump lobby for that uniqely benefitted him that didn't benefit everyone?

• Agree
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So ?

All of the poor experience this daily, more and more.

Do you live so far from them it has not become known to you ?
I've got and have had poor in my family. They are not being oppressed. You made the claim. Now back it up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I've got and have had poor in my family. They are not being oppressed. You made the claim. Now back it up.
Are they regularly shown how to prevent and how to cure any disease, or told it is not possible , or told it is very expensive ? (when it is not , or should not be expensive at all, most of the time).
Are they told they have to subject their family's bodies to toxins daily ? (like most are)?

Are they shown how to avoid the toxins ? (in the usa, perhaps other countries also , more or less)

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Escaping poverty isn't that hard if you put your mind/body to it, I was born into it and escaped it by volunteering to serve my country.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Kinda hard to know that without his returns, eh?
Like I said, it's a fishing expedition that is not based upon anything. It's kinda typical with the left with this president. Just more of the same. They hate the man so by golly we will dig and dig and dig hoping beyond hope we can find something, anything to get him on. It's ridiculous!

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,116.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Are they regularly shown how to prevent and how to cure any disease, or told it is not possible , or told it is very expensive ? (when it is not , or should not be expensive at all, most of the time).
Are they told they have to subject their family's bodies to toxins daily ? (like most are)?

Are they shown how to avoid the toxins ? (in the usa, perhaps other countries also , more or less)

So the poor are not being told how to prevent disease? And they are told they HAVE to subject their families to toxins? What? Who's telling them they have to? It must be the Republicans marching down the street in their jack boots ordering all the poor people to take their toxin or face the consequences.

Don't the poor go to school? Don't the schools teach good nutrition any more?

Upvote 0