with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh look, new evidence.

Washington (CNN)Congressional investigators have unearthed an email from a top Trump aide that referenced a previously unreported effort to arrange a meeting last year between Trump campaign officials and Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to sources with direct knowledge of the matter.

Full story here -->:wave:

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
the cnn article also says this:

"Intelligence experts say the request made by the unidentified West Virginian fits a pattern of Russians trying to gather human intelligence and seek unwilling -- and sometimes unwitting partners -- as part of their covert operations."

so there is really nothing here

the article itself basically claims nothing happened and the Russians do this stuff all the time

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

"Intelligence experts say the request made by the unidentified West Virginian fits a pattern of Russians trying to gather human intelligence and seek unwilling -- and sometimes unwitting partners -- as part of their covert operations."

the article itself basically claims nothing happened and the Russians do this stuff all the time

First rule of modern media: skip to the halfway point and see if the piece contradicts the headline.

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

The Russians do this all the time so nothing happened, brilliant logic there. Ignore that man behind the curtain.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
The Russians do this all the time so nothing happened, brilliant logic there. Ignore that man behind the curtain.
i'm just quoting cnn - the russians do this all the time AND nothing happened in this case

can't ignore the man behind the curtain - he's always up to no good - and he always will be - thus the sanctions against him continue - with no reprieve in sight

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i'm just quoting cnn - the russians do this all the time AND nothing happened in this case

can't ignore the man behind the curtain - he's always up to no good - and he always will be - thus the sanctions against him continue - with no reprieve in sight

QFT

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh in this case? Nice goal shifting. For the record, this case isn't over yet. Why is that so hard for some to understand?

That's the point. Trump is a con man. And we always call him out on that. It's our civic duty as Americans.

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

The bit you quoted doesn't say that. What the article actually says is "It's unclear who the individual is, what he or she was seeking, or whether Dearborn even acted on the request."

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
doesn't it say
"Top Trump aide's email draws new scrutiny in Russia inquiry"?

So... didn't the email draw new Scrutiny in the Russia Inquiry?
Doing something polite, like posting the actual headline of the article linked to, doesn't mean anything to the far wing right.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Oh in this case? Nice goal shifting. For the record, this case isn't over yet. Why is that so hard for some to understand?

That's the point. Trump is a con man. And we always call him out on that. It's our civic duty as Americans.
i don't see any evidence of that

only a whole bunch of emotionalism from people who are supposed to be "reporting facts"

people aren't listening anymore because it is too over the top

why are "reporters" getting so emotional?

why are there no facts - only comments?

people have to go elsewhere to get the facts

it sounds all so desperate

what's the desperation about

it seems like "reporters" need to use emotionalism because there are no hard cold facts

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
doesn't it say
"Top Trump aide's email draws new scrutiny in Russia inquiry"?

So... didn't the email draw new Scrutiny in the Russia Inquiry?
that's where we have to examine the words

draws scrutiny - what's that? - it's not an investigation

if it was an investigation they would say so

so obviously there is not enough there to create an official investigation

that's the kind of stuff that caused me to look else where for what is really going on

honestly it sounds like the media and the political elite are scared out of their minds that an non-conforming non-politician has vowed to drain the swamp

everyone who voted for Trump wants the swamp drained

i'm still investigating but that is how it appears to me

God Bless you my friend

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I feel your pain on this -

I have been saying this for more than a year about the Clinton investigations. Bring them up and people just move the goal posts. They don't seem to understand that Comey never closed the investigations.

I'm with you, very empathetic!

• Haha
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I feel your pain on this -

I have been saying this for more than a year about the Clinton investigations. Bring them up and people just move the goal posts. They don't seem to understand that Comey never closed the investigations.

I'm with you, very empathetic!
i saw some news feed on that too

the d's were grilling someone regarding the russian investigation

when the r's started grilling the d's on their involvement prior to trump they all en mass rose from their seats and left the room

i was wondering what that was about

they can ask questions but not answer?

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
The bit you quoted doesn't say that. What the article actually says is "It's unclear who the individual is, what he or she was seeking, or whether Dearborn even acted on the request."
yes it also says that

but there is no investigation - that was the point i was focusing on

there's a whole lot of maybes - no for sures - and it results in no investigation

i guess for me that is the bottom line

even when the maybes are weak they call an investigation

so these maybes must be really weak

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
yes it also says that

but there is no investigation - that was the point i was focusing on

Then you are mistaken. The article begins, "Congressional investigators have unearthed an email..."

There is a congressional investigation. What there isn't is any conclusions... because you have to wait for the end of an investigation for that.

Upvote 0