Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
everythingisagrace.jpg

Exclusion comes from man, not from God

…44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same?… Berean Study Bible-Matt 5:44-46

God does not exclude. That is a human attribute I believe. When I judge in the way that Jesus forbade me to do, I do play God, but a God made in my image and likeness. So I do sin in this regard more than I probably know. As we grow in our love of God, this tendency comes more to the fore, so we too can approach the throne of Infinite Mercy. No one is excluded by God.

We exclude ourselves when we do not understand our need for mercy and reconciliation. This is true not only with God but with our fellow human beings as well.

It is not an easy road, since when I do judge in anger, or react in an unloving manner towards a person or group I may reject, I can always come up with a good reason. Human anger seldom leads to real justice,
St. James says in his Epistle:

19My beloved brothers, understand this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger, 20for man’s anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires. 21Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and every expression of evil, and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save your souls.… James 1: 19-20

Actions can be judged. The human heart however is way beyond our ability to discern, and St. Paul says that himself in 1 Corinthians 4:3:

…2Now it is required of stewards that they be found faithful. 3I care very little, however, if I am judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. 4My conscience is clear, but that does not vindicate me. It is the Lord who judges me.…

The above comment is to give us hope, for the Lord who judges us, is the Father’s YES to mankind. It is grace, mercy, love, compassion, and empathy all together aimed at each of us, so open up your hearts anew every day, as well as grow in the love of others, never fearing, and never hesitating to begin anew.
I can’t love the way Jesus calls me to without grace. Christ over the years has healed much of the anger and fear in my heart, but it is still a struggle, one that I appreciate for it keeps me on the path, or calls me back when I fall-Br.MD

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only thing that God excludes is sin. It is sin that separates. If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves. If we confess our sins He forgives us.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

God just isn't hung up on the same issues that so easily divide us. He loves us, He made us the way we are, and He saw that it was good.

Thank you for starting this thread. We need every reason to unify in this day and time.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,808.00
Faith
Christian
The bible is clear there is no way to heaven except through the Son of God we are to love all by preaching the gospel whoever believes will be saved He told us pray for those who persecute us because of their need for Him. Jesus did not come to bring false peace but division between those who believe in Him and love the truth and those who do not. Jesus said if anyone loves father or mother more than Me he is not worthy of Me

Last edited:
Upvote 0