Excited about 2023! The year of increase.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I am no prophet, don't claim to be. But I am super excited about 2023.

• My home church is growing faster than ever with two sister churches, both having to build out to handle eveyone.
  • The organization I minister with is growing exponentially
    • 20,000 students world wide
    • 282 campuses
    • over 3,500 affiliate churches
  • Our personal ministry in 2022
    • Ministered a total of 208 times in 7 different nations
    • published our second book
    • helped train ministers in 19 different nations
  • What I believe is the coming mover of God. When people step into the priesthood of the Believer and begin to minister to others at home, in the workplace, in the market places - it will dwarf the revivals of the past because of the sheer number of people ministering His Grace.
  • Other ministries growing and reaching the lost at an unprecedented rate.
The time for being huddled in our little group - being a spectator - or staying away from church is drawing to a close. Harvest time is coming!

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
January 31 is our first trip of 2023 - Tulsa to Charlotte to Frankfurt - to Schweinfurt - to Stuttgart - to Dusseldorf - to Frankfurt - to Dallas - to Tulsa.

14 days - 24 one hours class sessions, a pastors meeting and two local churches.

2023 is going to be a blast!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
January 31 is our first trip of 2023 - Tulsa to Charlotte to Frankfurt - to Schweinfurt - to Stuttgart - to Dusseldorf - to Frankfurt - to Dallas - to Tulsa.

14 days - 24 one hours class sessions, a pastors meeting and two local churches.

2023 is going to be a blast!
I'm looking forward to seeing the crime rate reduce to nothing, bars having to close, brothels going out of business, the courts and police running out of domestic violence cases, lawyers telling the truth, politicians spending more money supporting the poor instead of spending millions on armaments. All because there is a general awakening in our secular communities of the need for Christ as Saviour, resulting in our churches full of people crying out for God's mercy and grace.

Do you think I should hold my breath for 2023?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It depends, what are you doing to help make it happen?

I’m curious how it will work out since Jesus Himself did not do it.
It happened in the great Awakening in 18th Century New England involving Jonathan Edwards. It also happened in the Welsh Revival in the 19th Century. Did you know that Evan Roberts started praying for revival at the age of 15 and prayed for the next 13 years until revival broke out?

It will happen when Christians get desperate enough to ditch their lukewarmness, man design programmes and turn totally to Christ in prayer. Forget about the mega churches, healing crusades, worship services and speaking in tongues. None of these have made even a dint on the secular community. In fact most of the secular community don't even know the church exists.

The effect of the Welsh revival was that the miners stopped swearing and cursing and the pit ponies could no longer understand commands. They had to be retrained to accept commands in ordinary language instead of four letter curse words! In many areas, the police had nothing to do because the crime rate had declined to zero, and many of the bars and taverns had to close because too many stopped drinking alcohol.

When Charles Finney got baptised with the Spirit when he went out into the woods to seek God, as he returned home, the first man he met on the road got converted to Christ on the spot. Such was the power of the Holy Spirit that flowed out of Finney. He went into a textile mill, and after a short time all the women had broken down in tears and turned to Christ. They had to stop work and have a prayer meeting.

So, I wonder if you and I are truly baptised with the Spirit when we can meet unconverted people every day and none of them experience conviction of sin in our presence.

As a matter of interest, along with all your other exciting activities you have described, how many do you get along to your weekly prayer meeting in relation to the total numbers of members attending your church?

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟548,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It happened in the great Awakening in 18th Century New England
There were several Spiritual Awakening/Revivals in North America..
- starting with the First Great Awakening.
- they had an impact/influence..beyond spiritual dimension.
---
It is considered..the Fourth Awakening was in 1960's/1970's.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It happened in the great Awakening in 18th Century New England involving Jonathan Edwards. It also happened in the Welsh Revival in the 19th Century. Did you know that Evan Roberts started praying for revival at the age of 15 and prayed for the next 13 years until revival broke out?
How long have you been praying? just curious.
It will happen when Christians get desperate enough to ditch their lukewarmness, man design programmes and turn totally to Christ in prayer. Forget about the mega churches, healing crusades, worship services and speaking in tongues. None of these have made even a dint on the secular community. In fact most of the secular community don't even know the church exists.
What does your church do differently?

So, I wonder if you and I are truly baptised with the Spirit when we can meet unconverted people every day and none of them experience conviction of sin in our presence.
I can't speak for you, but as for me - yes I am Born Again and Baptized with the Holy Spirit. I also pray, praise and speak in tongues, just like the Apostles and most of the revivalist did. With our ministry recording close to 240,000 Salvations to date world wide, its not a lot, but we are not stopping. And I am not an Evangelist - just an Itinerating Teacher.
As a matter of interest, along with all your other exciting activities you have described, how many do you get along to your weekly prayer meeting in relation to the total numbers of members attending your church?
I am not part of Staff at my church (not paid, but I do volunteer in a number of ministries), I am traveling way too much at this point to be a staff member.

Our home church is about 2,600 members and we have two satellite churches in other area's of the city. I can't speak for them. Wednesday nights are our prayer services and we average around 1,000 in total attendance - Children's, Youth etc.

Thanks for asking -

Can you share about your church please and how you do things effectively? From your posting, you must have a great street ministry also - sounds exciting. I'd love to hear about it.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How long have you been praying? just curious.

What does your church do differently?

I can't speak for you, but as for me - yes I am Born Again and Baptized with the Holy Spirit. I also pray, praise and speak in tongues, just like the Apostles and most of the revivalist did. With our ministry recording close to 240,000 Salvations to date world wide, its not a lot, but we are not stopping. And I am not an Evangelist - just an Itinerating Teacher.

I am not part of Staff at my church (not paid, but I do volunteer in a number of ministries), I am traveling way too much at this point to be a staff member.

Our home church is about 2,600 members and we have two satellite churches in other area's of the city. I can't speak for them. Wednesday nights are our prayer services and we average around 1,000 in total attendance - Children's, Youth etc.

Thanks for asking -

Can you share about your church please and how you do things effectively? From your posting, you must have a great street ministry also - sounds exciting. I'd love to hear about it.
Interesting how you want to compare your church with mine, instead of evaluating what you are doing in the light of the book of Acts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Huh?

Where did that come from?

Let’s see: Books of Acts

Church growing. Check

Leading people to Christ. Check

People getting saved and filled with the Holy Spirit. Check

People getting Baptized in the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues check

Elders going on missionary journeys. Check

Other cities and nations hearing the Gospel. Check

No too bad, but we can always be better. You sounded like you knew something I didn’t, that is why I asked.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Huh?

Where did that come from?

Let’s see: Books of Acts

Church growing. Check

Leading people to Christ. Check

People getting saved and filled with the Holy Spirit. Check

People getting Baptized in the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues check

Elders going on missionary journeys. Check

Other cities and nations hearing the Gospel. Check

No too bad, but we can always be better. You sounded like you knew something I didn’t, that is why I asked.
All I see is that the disciples prayed: "And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, by stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus."

That's what they did in the Book of Acts, but there doesn't seem to be much of that in our present day churches, including my own. I don't have to belong to the perfect church or to have some kind of special "revelation" to be discontented with the obvious lack of power in our churches. A church can have the perfect programme, but no power; they can organise quite well in the supper room, but don't seem to know how to agonise in the upper room. I wonder what would happen if a church chose to ditch all their programmes and activities, and decided as a group to wait on God for Him to show them what He wants them to do. It seems that we limit the Holy Spirit to one-hour services, where we tell the Holy Spirit at 10am, "You can come in now, but we will have to kick You out at 11am to allow the deacons to get home to watch the Rams vs the Goats game on television".

With all the activities and programmes you have described, how do you know if the Holy Spirit has told you to do those things, or have you just assumed that the Holy Spirit will "bless" what you have decided to do? I wonder when we get to the Judgment and tell the Lord about all the wonderful things we have done for Him, He answers: "Who told you to do all those things?" I wonder if we might all end up with egg on our faces, and ashamed that we never waited on God for long enough to Him to let us know what He wants us to do? Bears thinking about.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if we might all end up with egg on our faces, and ashamed that we never waited on God for long enough to Him to let us know what He wants us to do? Bears thinking about.
As I step into the Presence of my Father, which "program" do you think I would be most embarrassed of? The ones That resulted in people accepting Christ as their Lord and Savior? The ones that resulted in people being filled with the Holy Spirit? The ones that resulted in people being healed? or perhaps it is the ones that has resulted in training ministers in 19 countries?

How long do I wait for God? He spoke to me 37 years ago to go. Should I still be waiting?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
As I step into the Presence of my Father, which "program" do you think I would be most embarrassed of? The ones That resulted in people accepting Christ as their Lord and Savior? The ones that resulted in people being filled with the Holy Spirit? The ones that resulted in people being healed? or perhaps it is the ones that has resulted in training ministers in 19 countries?

How long do I wait for God? He spoke to me 37 years ago to go. Should I still be waiting?
If that is the fruit of your ministry, then I have no arguments against it. The day of judgment will determine whether your results are wood, hay, and stubble, or gold, silver, and precious stones. I'm just a guy with the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟282,507.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's no substitute for hard work. If you put the work in, you don't need a prophet to tell you the results.
I don't mean to be contrary, but if you're work at anything in your own strength you have done more harm than good.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't mean to be contrary, but if you're work at anything in your own strength you have done more harm than good.
Reflecting on John 6:29 and the story of Martha and Mary in Bethany, I meant faith, being the one work that was necessary.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Reflecting on John 6:29 and the story of Martha and Mary in Bethany, I meant faith, being the one work that was necessary.
Being saved by grace through faith and not of works, we carry on to do those works that God has ordained for us. This is not justification by law, but are the things we do as we are led by the Holy Spirit. Avoiding works in our Christian lives and ministry is just an excuse for laziness. Lazy churchians don't make the effort to study God's Word or spend hours in prayer, not do they make the effort to be faithful in fellowship, contributing to the lif of their church. Many young turks want to have the glamour of preaching, but when the church needs a treasurer, they avoid it. When ushers are needed, they are not to be seen. They whoop it up in the Sunday worship, but are missing from the Wednesday prayer meeting. When they go to church camps, they want the jobs of counsellor and teacher, but are missing when people are called upon to peel the spuds, help with cooking and serve tables.

Reactions: Radicchio
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Being saved by grace through faith and not of works, we carry on to do those works that God has ordained for us. This is not justification by law, but are the things we do as we are led by the Holy Spirit. Avoiding works in our Christian lives and ministry is just an excuse for laziness. Lazy churchians don't make the effort to study God's Word or spend hours in prayer, not do they make the effort to be faithful in fellowship, contributing to the lif of their church. Many young turks want to have the glamour of preaching, but when the church needs a treasurer, they avoid it. When ushers are needed, they are not to be seen. They whoop it up in the Sunday worship, but are missing from the Wednesday prayer meeting. When they go to church camps, they want the jobs of counsellor and teacher, but are missing when people are called upon to peel the spuds, help with cooking and serve tables.
Not sure what that baptist rant was about, but.

My point of reference is, in the end of all things, only three things will remain: Faith, hope, and love.

These things when perceived by the born again individual become tangible building blocks for the kingdom of God.

So working with faith, is important. As it is written to the galatians, the only thing that matters is faith expressing itself through love.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are speaking of ministry. Paul made it clear. Ministry takes hard work and effort on the persons part.

Upvote 0