Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm curious about how you know how much salt and water you need to consume when you are excercising many times a week, sweating a lot. I noticed that my need for salt increased after starting excercising regularly. But still I'm not sure how much water and salt I really need? Is there some king of golden rules for this? I use Himalayan salt because it's healthy.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm curious about how you know how much salt and water you need to consume when you are excercising many times a week, sweating a lot. I noticed that my need for salt increased after starting excercising regularly. But still I'm not sure how much water and salt I really need? Is there some king of golden rules for this? I use Himalayan salt because it's healthy.
How much exercise are we talking about? 45 min walks? Or 4 hour bike rides in the heat?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is a difficult question but a good one. I do not think there is any clear answer here because of different body types and weight and how much exercise we are talking about. Of course everyone needs to exercise in order to stay healthy but we also now that too much of anything can be a bad thing right? In which case, I am beginning believe that regular frequent moderate exercise may be more beneficial then too much infrequent over exercise. I think perhaps how much exercise (time wise) and how much we sweat is a good indicator of how much water and salts need to be put back in the body. For me personally, if I do a lot of exercise where I am am doing a lot of sweating, I take breaks when needed to drink a lot of water complimented with an electrolyte drink (no sugar) and notice my body re-acting positively. This seems to work best for me.

God bless.

Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It depends on what kind and how much exercise you're doing, what condition your body is in, what your diet is, etc. The rule on water is half your weight in lbs, in ounces of water. So if you're 200lb you should have 100oz, or 3qts, a day.

Himalayan salt is good, I'm told; I use it myself. But it lacks iodine, so I supplement that in minute quantities.

For electrolytes, I'm currently supplementing Magnesium, Potassium, and iron because of Lyme depletion. Most ppl are deficient in Mg. Beside those individual supplements I use a bone growth mix that also has calcium. I also use a touch of an electrolyte powder for the trace minerals.

Using too much can be as bad as not enough.

Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It depends on what kind and how much exercise you're doing, what condition your body is in, what your diet is, etc. The rule on water is half your weight in lbs, in ounces of water. So if you're 200lb you should have 100oz, or 3qts, a day.

Himalayan salt is good, I'm told; I use it myself. But it lacks iodine, so I supplement that in minute quantities.

For electrolytes, I'm currently supplementing Magnesium, Potassium, and iron because of Lyme depletion. Most ppl are deficient in Mg. Beside those individual supplements I use a bone growth mix that also has calcium. I also use a touch of an electrolyte powder for the trace minerals.

Using too much can be as bad as not enough.

Yes I recognized that when I started getting enough salt and also magnesium I didn't have these weird twitches in my body anymore.

Upvote 0