Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Little known characters in the Bible, in one sense perhaps nobodies but their words and actions had a powerful influence lasting forever. Sometimes they merely got caught up by chance in events. Often they are not even named.
An example is Simon from Cyrene, who helped carry the cross. What a role to play in history! Or the bleeding woman who was healed by Jesus.

Last edited:

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟768,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The man that had friends that lowered him through the roof to be healed and the Centurion who asked for his servant to be healed. What good friends that man had, and the Centurion must have had some connection to the Jewish community, or at least had such great faith to trust in a God that he had not known before.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It brings tears to my eyes that Jesus' forgiveness to the criminal being crucified next to him was instant when he asked to be remembered. What love is this? Free to all who confess their guilt. Fresh each time we read about it.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think of they ordinary folk. Like the shepherds who first witnessed angel announcing the birth of Christ. It must have been like the best fireworks display ever! I'm not being gullible. I just believe in the Bible. There were signs of glory of heaven in the skies at the time. How did those shepherds feel? Their lives were lit up.
I felt the Holy Spirit just once powerfully, for a few moments. Yet those moments will be with me forever. They warm and sustain me in times of trouble. I know where I am headed when I die and I love the thought of heaven. No more tears, just real happiness.
Christ came to suffer and give us hope. All of us. What a gift, what good news.

Upvote 0