Ex-Subway pitchman Jared Fogle seeks shorter prison sentence (Re: child inappropriate content conviction)

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
NY Daily News 2/20
Former Subway star and convicted sex offender Jared Fogle asked for a shortened prison term Friday, months after a judge sentenced the child inappropriate content-collecting pitchman to more than 15 years behind bars — three years longer than prosecutors’ requested punishment.

He should have gotten life! Whiner! o_O

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm curious, whenever someone gets a prison sentence, who wouldn't want a shorter sentence???

it should really be no surprise that he wants a shorter sentence.

What I find surprising is that he didn't grab a million dollars from his account, shove it in a briefcase and take off to a non-extradition country...

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
What I find surprising is that he didn't grab a million dollars from his account, shove it in a briefcase and take off to a non-extradition country...

If the FBI and State Police raid your house and take all you computers without arresting you, it is a safe bet they are watching and waiting for you to make such a move and arrest you right before you board your plane and adding a few more charges to boot.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If the FBI and State Police raid your house and take all you computers without arresting you, it is a safe bet they are watching and waiting for you to make such a move and arrest you right before you board your plane and adding a few more charges to boot.

I think the risk reward is still way worth it.

Similarly, I find it hard to believe that in all the time between his arrest and actual conviction he couldn't bail.

Granted, I don't think he had a go-bag ready. That would be the hardest part, having the million in cash ready at a moments notice. But even allowing for being short sighted and not having a go bag. You would have to think there would be some way to grab a million, jump in a car, drive to Mexico...

I dunno, I just find it so weird that it doesn't happen more often when rich people get caught. Sure, a few of them bail the country, but I would just think the number and percentage would be way higher when facing serious time.

I guess I just have a super hard time seeing all of this coming out of the blue. And I would think that someone worth over $10M would have some money in foreign bank accounts immune to the US government.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I think the risk reward is still way worth it.

Similarly, I find it hard to believe that in all the time between his arrest and actual conviction he couldn't bail.

Granted, I don't think he had a go-bag ready. That would be the hardest part, having the million in cash ready at a moments notice. But even allowing for being short sighted and not having a go bag. You would have to think there would be some way to grab a million, jump in a car, drive to Mexico...

I dunno, I just find it so weird that it doesn't happen more often when rich people get caught. Sure, a few of them bail the country, but I would just think the number and percentage would be way higher when facing serious time.

I guess I just have a super hard time seeing all of this coming out of the blue. And I would think that someone worth over $10M would have some money in foreign bank accounts immune to the US government.

Once his buddy was caught, he should have had a bonfire, but some people are too attached to their stuff.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious, whenever someone gets a prison sentence, who wouldn't want a shorter sentence???

it should really be no surprise that he wants a shorter sentence.

Well, did he expect the hammer to fall when it did? Usually the cops go out of their way to avoid letting a suspect know they're a suspect until the last moment to avoid that precise scenario.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Was he convicted of producing child inappropriate content or viewing it?
Possession, iirc, and I believe there were a couple of claims of procuring underage persons for sex, but I'm not sure if they were prosecuted.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Once his buddy was caught, he should have had a bonfire, but some people are too attached to their stuff.

Yeah, talk about a huge signal flare going up. The second his buddy was caught, not only should everything gone into the bon fire, he should have grabbed all his money and high tailed it to a non-extradition country citing that he was going on a vision quest.

Basically, just start over. With his $10M or so, he could have lived like a KING in pretty much 95% of the world. Put a Million in 7 separate banks in 7 different countries, keep the rest in cash on you....

You would think with all the movies out there about "getting away with it" he'd be smarter. Then again, its hard to overcome social conditioning and think outside the box. He should have bolted the second his friend got caught. Everyone flips when facing serious time.

his argument seems to be that the judge didn't abide by the deal offered by the prosecution. to my knowledge, the judge is never obligated to agree to ANY deal, though. tough luck, jared.

Very true, judges never have to go with the plea deal. I sometimes wonder if the DA and judge don't work together, something like, "Hey, I'll offer a sweetheart deal so he pleads guilty, then you drop da hammer" and then they high five and pound it out!!!

Well, did he expect the hammer to fall when it did? Usually the cops go out of their way to avoid letting a suspect know they're a suspect until the last moment to avoid that precise scenario.

No, writing was on the wall. His friend got popped first and he knew about it. Like an idiot, he kept some of his child inappropriate content and then continued to try to sleep with underage girls. If ever there was a case of someone deserving to get caught, he fits the bill...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
NY Daily News 2/20

He should have gotten life! Whiner! o_O
I doubt most child molesters do get life. I've see child rapist get six month to 4 years. It usually gets pleaded down to little time. Maybe because the child was related to the person. Or because it was a family friend. Also most people try to get their time in prison shortened. This is no big surprise.

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The horrific part in all this first and foremost is that he had 2 children , a boy and a girl. And being his deviance was directed toward all ages boy or girl one prays he never touched his own children.
His wife filed for divorce and having been granted that has also barred him from seeing his children. Praise God.

Then there are the secret recordings made over many years by a woman journalist in phone conversations with Fogel. In those Fogel states he likes all ages of children.

He's agreed as part of his plea deal to pay 14 minor age victims compensation for the abuse he is responsible for.
It's not uncommon for people to want to spend less time in prison but this guy's complaining about his sentence when he's someone that should never be let out.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The horrific part in all this first and foremost is that he had 2 children , a boy and a girl. And being his deviance was directed toward all ages boy or girl one prays he never touched his own children.
His wife filed for divorce and having been granted that has also barred him from seeing his children. Praise God.

Then there are the secret recordings made over many years by a woman journalist in phone conversations with Fogel. In those Fogel states he likes all ages of children.

He's agreed as part of his plea deal to pay 14 minor age victims compensation for the abuse he is responsible for.
It's not uncommon for people to want to spend less time in prison but this guy's complaining about his sentence when he's someone that should never be let out.

And when he gets out at 52, he will still be a millionaire… poor Jared:(

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
AW August 2015 =Here's Every Terrible Thing Jared Fogle Is Accused of Doing
Court records detail his sexual obsession with minors

Excerpted from the article linked in above article as to charges prosecuted against JF: "Fogle plans to plead guilty to one count of travel to engage in illicit sexual conduct with a minor and one count of distribution and receipt of child inappropriate contentography, authorities said. He will register as a sex offender and seek treatment for sexual disorders.

While Fogle's prison sentence is not yet determined, prosecutors say they will not request more than 12.5 years in prison and that Fogle has agreed not to request less than five years. He will pay a total of $1.4 million in restitution, split among 14 victims at $100,000 each, according to the AP. It was unclear this morning how many of those victims were involved in child inappropriate contentography and how many Fogle is accused of having sex with."

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And when he gets out at 52, he will still be a millionaire… poor Jared
That's an odd take on it.
A millionaire pervert who is a registered sex offender for life. And no matter where he moves to will have to notify authorities and his neighbors of his sex offender status. And that's if he survives prison being inmates have very little tolerance for child rapists. Which could be why he's begging to have his sentence reduced.

He was let out on bail prior to his sentencing and was made to wear an ankle monitor. He would have had a hard time making a run for it. Had he been anyone of the lower classes I doubt he'd have been given that consideration and would have instead sat in a cell till sentencing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That's an odd take on it.
A millionaire pervert who is a registered sex offender for life. And no matter where he moves to will have to notify authorities and his neighbors of his sex offender status. And that's if he survives prison being inmates have very little tolerance for child rapists. Which could be why he's begging to have his sentence reduced.

He was let out on bail prior to his sentencing and was made to wear an ankle monitor. He would have had a hard time making a run for it. Had he been anyone of the lower classes I doubt he'd have been given that consideration and would have instead sat in a cell till sentencing.

Yes, but he will still be a millionaire and thus still have a way to fulfill his sick imagination. I did not consider the general population though and what they may do to Jared. Perhaps he will have a private cell.

Upvote 0