✟981,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
ABC NEWS(Australia)

Former US president Donald Trump says he expects to be arrested on Tuesday - calls for protest

Former US president Donald Trump has said he expects to be arrested on Tuesday in a case brought by the Manhattan district attorney's office and called on his supporters to protest.

Mr Trump said in a post on his Truth Social network on Saturday that "illegal leaks" from the district attorney's office indicated that he would be taken into custody next week.

"Illegal leaks from a corrupt & highly political Manhattan district attorney's office … indicate that, with no crime being able to be proven … the far & away leading Republican candidate & former president of the United States of America, will be arrested on Tuesday of next week," he wrote.

"Protest, take our nation back!"

He did not say what the charges would be.

A spokesperson for the district attorney's office declined to comment.

Source:
Former US president Donald Trump says he expects to be arrested on Tuesday - ABC News

Will Trump supporters be storming the barricades on Tuesday??? - OB

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I saw this too.

According to what MSM says (which who believes the MSM any more?) the charges allegedly will be about inappropriate sexual conduct; which...... what does this have anything to do with the shenanigans of politics in the past ... since going way back before 2016?

The charges don't seem to be related to anything Americans are actually concerned about like Covid fraud, the economy, inflation, WWIII, spending on Ukraine, bank collapse, January 6th, or election fraud;.... so, I don't know? What's the point? I don't see a connection.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟981,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
According to what MSM says (which who believes the MSM any more?) the charges allegedly will be about inappropriate sexual conduct; which...... what does this have anything to do with the shenanigans of politics in the past ... since going way back before 2016?

I don't think that sexual conduct is the problem.

Everything I'm reading (from a range of MSM sources) suggests that it's all about legalities connected with the alleged payment of hush money.

OB

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I don't think that sexual conduct is the problem.

Everything I'm reading (from a range of MSM sources) suggests that it's all about legalities connected with the alleged payment of hush money.

OB
What I heard was that the "hush money" was because of sexual misconduct.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟981,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
What I heard was that the "hush money" was because of sexual misconduct.
'Yes - but the crime is not sexual misconduct. The indictment will be connected with laws broken in the payment of hush money to the two women concerned.

OB

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
ABC NEWS(Australia)

Former US president Donald Trump says he expects to be arrested on Tuesday - calls for protest

Former US president Donald Trump has said he expects to be arrested on Tuesday in a case brought by the Manhattan district attorney's office and called on his supporters to protest.

Mr Trump said in a post on his Truth Social network on Saturday that "illegal leaks" from the district attorney's office indicated that he would be taken into custody next week.

"Illegal leaks from a corrupt & highly political Manhattan district attorney's office … indicate that, with no crime being able to be proven … the far & away leading Republican candidate & former president of the United States of America, will be arrested on Tuesday of next week," he wrote.

"Protest, take our nation back!"

He did not say what the charges would be.

A spokesperson for the district attorney's office declined to comment.

Source:
Former US president Donald Trump says he expects to be arrested on Tuesday - ABC News

Will Trump supporters be storming the barricades on Tuesday??? - OB

What barricades?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
'Yes - but the crime is not sexual misconduct. The indictment will be connected with laws broken in the payment of hush money to the two women concerned.

OB
What's the difference between hush money and a settlement with a NDA?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Occams Barber

Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟981,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
What's the difference between hush money and a settlement with a NDA?

I have no idea. Your legal system is a mystery to me.

The core message is that it appears likely that Trump will be charged with a crime connected to paying out hush money to bury Trump's dalliance with Stormy Daniels.

OB

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,535.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The charges don't seem to be related to anything Americans are actually concerned about
Yeah, it pretty grim if some of the American voting demographic don’t care about sexual misconduct of their leaders, anymore.

America needs to put secularism back into schools to get rid of this lack of ethics.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟981,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Also, we can’t just assume Trump is guilty in this. And even if he was actually guilty, it was handled exactly the way Stormy Daniels (*the victim*) wanted it handled. All Americans, regardless of political preferences, should be protesting together on Tuesday if Trump gets arrested. This is all so spiteful and wrong.
I think you have this thing very confused.

From what I've read no-one in this thread is assuming Trump is guilty. It's not even clear what crime he's alleged to have committed and won't be clear until the indictment is announced.

Stormy Daniels is not portrayed as a victim in this particular case. She's a witness who can presumably testify about payments she's received.

If Trump can be shown to have committed a crime he should be arrested and tried. Not even Trump should be above the law.

And Trump needs to be extremely careful with his words. "Take our nation back" sounds like an invitation to revolution.

OB

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think you have this thing very confused.

From what I've read no-one in this thread is assuming Trump is guilty. It's not even clear what crime he's alleged to have committed and won't be clear until the indictment is announced.

Stormy Daniels is not portrayed as a victim in this particular case. She's a witness who can presumably testify about payments she's received.

If Trump can be shown to have committed a crime he should be arrested and tried. Not even Trump should be above the law.

And Trump needs to be extremely careful with his words. "Take our nation back" sounds like an invitation to revolution.

OB
I deleted that post, because there were too many flaws in it. I didn’t do my research before posting.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

OB
Well, there's more here than meets the eye because she (or her lawyer) tried to sue Trump for defamation and he won; both the original case and the appeal. And now her lawyer is in jail for stealing $300,000 dollars from her. (Or something like that... She refused to pay the lawyer fees.)

Trump claims the affair never happened. (He wasn't accused of a criminal sex act.) Allegedly there's a $130,000 he paid in "hush money" from his campaign. (A NDA) And then after the fact congress passed a law about NDA in relation to campaign financing. Which, that could boomerang back on a lot of politicians.

So... we'll see what happens come Tuesday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, it pretty grim if some of the American voting demographic don’t care about sexual misconduct of their leaders, anymore.

America needs to put secularism back into schools to get rid of this lack of ethics.
Well, which "American voting demographic" doesn't care; when Joe Biden is caught on tape squeezing little girls breasts?

And talk about "lack of ethics" in schools; when there's "educational professionals" telling children that they are what ever gender they want to be?

How is "secularism" going to correct "ethics problems"? Questions of morals and ethics eventually become theological questions.

There's a lot more serious things wrong than an adult inappropriate content star claiming Trump had an affair with her. (Which he denies happened.) This potential upcoming arrest is allegedly about a $130,000 Non Disclosure Agreement she signed in 2016 and "campaign contribution". She also lost a $300,000 defamation lawsuit against Trump. (Which her lawyer is currently in jail for money connected to this lawsuit. She refused to pay him; claiming she never agreed to the lawsuit.)

So, we'll see what happens come Tuesday. The NDA laws congress passed after 2016 could boomerang back on a lot of politicians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
IIRC, the legal issue is about whether the payment should be considered a "campaign expense" [coming as it did in October 2016, the month before the election, but some 10 years after the alleged affair] and whether and how it was reported by Trump and his entities. There is also the similar 'catch and kill' operation with respect to Karen McDougal.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IIRC, the legal issue is about whether the payment should be considered a "campaign expense" [coming as it did in October 2016, the month before the election, but some 10 years after the alleged affair] and whether and how it was reported by Trump and his entities. There is also the similar 'catch and kill' operation with respect to Karen McDougal.
Would it be wrong if it was a campaign expense? I don’t understand the logic or morality of why it would be considered wrong.

Surely we’re not going to prosecute someone for crimes against ink and paper, where no actual wrong was done to anyone or anything. Are we?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Would it be wrong if it was a campaign expense?
It would (I assume) if it were not also reported as a campaign expense.

Surely we’re not going to prosecute someone for crimes against ink and paper, where no actual wrong was done to anyone or anything. Are we?
Right, like lying to the FBI. There's not even any ink in that case, just some air molecules vibrating.

Sorry, we're a nation of laws.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would (I assume) if it were not also reported as a campaign expense.

Right, like lying to the FBI. There's not even any ink in that case, just some air molecules vibrating.

Sorry, we're a nation of laws.
I think laws should be passed for a *reason* though, and usually they are.

In this case, I’m struggling to understand whether Trump violated the *reason* that the law was passed. And if not, and we still support prosecution anyways, aren’t we lacking compassion?

Upvote 0