Daly City
✟16,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's one way to see it, and you may very well be correct, but then there is the indecision thing she has going on right now, something that can go away once we settle to go one way or another, but in the mean time can cause things like you mention.
I agree with you on how it seems like she can't really make up her mind. For many months after the breakup, she would admire how close we were in many ways. At times, it would even feel like we were still together! However, like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, she would quickly pull away/get upset/block me whenever I try to express my feelings for her. Eventually, after a few days or a week, she would unblock me and pretend like nothing happened. We would then continue being "friends", until the next time I wanted to try to reconcile our past relationship. And when that happened, she would (again) pull away/get upset/block me for a few days. Rinse and repeat. This was a constant cycle.

The way she acts during all this makes me think she is emotionally immature and just wanted to use me as a "friend", weaning off of me as a crutch of some sort. What frustrates me is that every time she blocks me like (like right now), I never get to say what I have to say. It hurts to bottle up my feelings, as I never get any closure with her. It's as if every time I want to express my feelings to her, she'll be like "Nope! Blocked!" (not literally). It is hard to accept this for what it is, but I will have to get over this sooner or later. Again, thank you for the help, everyone! I really appreciate it!

Upvote 0

barefeetonholyground

CF member for 15 years!
Oct 26, 2003
Kitsap County, Washington
✟34,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have many questions, but there are particularly three that I've been wondering...
1. Did she ever really love me? It's hard to think that, if the distance got to her.
2. Why did she get upset every time I brought up my feelings for her?
3. Was it a mistake of trying to remain friends with her this whole time?
4. Since she blocked me "for good", should I just finally move on?

Thank you so much for reading this, everyone!
These are pretty common questions for the most part.
1. I think she really loved you and I'm think she still does.
That being said, let me let you in on something most people in their early twenties don't know (I didn't figure this out until I was almost 28 and I think that for many it takes most of your twenties): Love isn't enough.
Love didn't erase the pain she feels about being so far away from you. I don't know if it can for her.
2. She broke up with you not because she stopped caring, but because it hurt her too much to be away from you.
Every time you brought up your feelings, it reopened that pain when she was trying to move on.
3. Yes it was, at least you probably should have waited.
You might have had a chance at a friendship if you gave yourselves some time and space to heal first.
4. Yes you should. You probably should have moved on during the initial break up.

Upvote 0