• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Ex-friends ignored my warnings and it happened.

carebear1

Nov 26, 2012
MI
✟10,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was googling mugshots because I had a gut feeling something was wrong. And my intuition was right, one of my ex-friends had run-ins with the law in recent months. The ex-friend had seemed to be doing well staying clean for awhile when we were in a tournament together last year. The sister of the ex-friend was casually dating her ex-finance again for a brief time when he was released from prison relating to drugs. Even after they broke up, he was still allowed to be a part of their family but wouldn't have anything to do with me outside this tournament that we all were a part of. I warned the sister of the ex-friend that having him around was incredibly risky.

Before the guy went into prison, he and the ex-friend were using drugs together. The ex-friend comes from a family of alcoholics including her sister. They treated me like I was the "bad guy" and pushed me away when I was trying to be a friend. I have no clue about the ex-finance the since I don't have contact with him either.

I feel like they got what they deserved but then I feel sad for them.