Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Job_38
Because the Bible says that God created the Earth, that it did not come from anything but his hands.

And how does evolution dispute this? I consider it to be an explanation of how God created the world. There's nothing in such a statement that discredits God.

Upvote 0

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
This is why I dont support it either

Evolution and the Origin of Life
Charles Darwin proposed the theory of evolution to explain the origin, diversity and complexity of life. Darwin theorized that simple life evolved into complex life through a series of small beneficial changes which accumulated over time. Darwin's premise is flawed because small evolutionary changes are not cumulative. That is numerous small changes cannot explain the large changes necessary for new and more complex animals and plants. This site will also explore the myths behind the current scientific theories concerning the origin of life.

The theory of evolution does not explain the origin of complexity.
Natural selection does not play a role in the evolution of new genes, because genes that do not exist cannot offer a selective advantage.
New genes must evolve through chance.
The likelihood that a new gene can arise through chance is extraordinary small. This low probability is not effectively offset by the vast amount of time and space available for evolution.
The likelihood that thousands of genes can evolve through chance is so small that the scientific method dictates that this option be discarded. Science does not have a viable explanation for the evolution of complexity.
The theory of evolution does not explain the origin of life.
Experiments to produce the chemical precursors necessary for life have failed.
Geological, theoretical and experimental evidence suggest that these chemical precursors did not exist.
Energy, self organization, and non-equilibrium thermodynamics do not explain the origin of information. Origin of life theories relying on these principles are misguided.
Without the necessary precursors and with no clear way to produce the required information, the origin of life remains a mystery

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Do you know what evolution is? God needs no explantion of how it was created, because it says

"In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth."

&nbsp;

No, it's not necessary to know how God created the universe, but it's a scientific pursuit, nonetheless. Scientists are not on a mission to prove or disprove the existence of God, but rather to investigate the natural world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
I go by this subject with science in mind, so lets show science show what is wrong with it.

http://www.reachingforchrist.org/apologetics/fallacies.html

Actually, you can show this site to others if you so desire, but I'll stick with legitimate science sources to explain science.

This site goes off on a two-pronged frenzy, trying to battle cosmological physics and evolution biology at the same time... unwise move. Besides that, the article has several errors, too numerous to address in forum format. What I saw was a strawman assembly line, false statements built upon incorrect assumptions. It's a long string of tired "arguments" that need to be "put to sleep".

It says that this article was authored by one "Professor Enigma". However, when you try to reach this "professor", the response email address does not have a university domain. Furthermore, there is no indication that this "professor" has any graduate research experience, much less a doctorate in any field. Unless this guy has graduate level degrees in cosmological physics and evolution biology from legitimate universities, I put no creedence in any "paper" he may write. Besides, where are his mathematical models? Mathematical models are essential to cosmology, and yet they are no where to be found.

It looks like the only people that this article is going to convince are the ones that created it, their peers, and anyone else with a predisposition to believe whatever this site tells them.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Ok, the please read the book The Face That Demonstrates the Farce of Evolution, I didn't read the whole article(yeah, I know) but I have read this book and it has good researh and good standing.

The author of that book, Hank Hanegraaff, has been accused of a lot of things, some of which are mismanagement of a nonprofit organization and plagiarism. I would be especially cautious when reading any of his material.

This is what Gospelcom Apologetics has to say about him: Hank Hanegraaff

Upvote 0

TruelightUK

Tilter at religious windmills
Personally (not necessarily living or dying by the literality of Genesis) I don't have a problem with evolution, provided that we acknowledge that God is in charge!
Clearly, species develop and modify their characteristics with time/circumstances/selective breeding etc., and it is not unreasonable to beleive that God created this ability and utlilised it in His creative purposes. However, a total reliance on evolution per se as a complete explanation based wholly on genetics and science, without any recognition of a First Cause or divine 'mover' behind the processes is, clearly, contrary to any theistic view of the world.

I would also say that the evolution of humanity fro other more primitive primates IS contrary to the principles (not just the li9teral words) of Genesis, which sees the creation of Adam and Eve as a totally distinct process from that of the rest of the animal kingdom.

Anthony

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Droobie

Rebmem Raluger
Nov 22, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟20,072.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
What is dangerous when you accept evolution is that you then compromise what is spelt out in the first two chapters of Genesis. Evolution is a way of explaining life without God. I'm gathering that we're talking about the Theory of Evolution vs. Creation. Evolution explains how over millions of years, we evolved. Whereas Creation explains we were created on the 6th day of creation.

We are taught that the written Word of God is truth and should not be subtracted, added to or compromised in any way. God is His written word to us, and to disbelieve His word, is to disbelieve Him.

As Christians we should believe in His Word and the account in Genesis. We should believe in is almighty power, and the He is God of the possible, where things beyond us are possible to Him.

God is the beginning, and the end, never changing, for His Word is truth and He does not lie. The Bible is Him speaking to us and to question any part of it, is questioning Him. Christians should be walking by 'faith, not by sight'. By our knowledge of the Word and not only by what we feel or can easily box up and comprehend.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
From the gospelcom Apologetics Index site:

"It should be clear that, with few exceptions, CRI's research into and dealings with various cults and heretical teachings are nor called into question. Cults and false teachers that would attempt to discredit CRI's well-documented information regarding their teachings and practices by pointing to in-house problems such as described on this page, in so doing engage in useless ad hominem attacks."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.