Evolutionists: you should be pushing a humanist agenda, but you are not? You gave up on humanity?

How do you understand the potential that is in Evolution...?

• It is added

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is subtracted

• It is divided

• It is repeated

• It is announced

• It is developed

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It is recycled

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hello there,

So this is the observation: "Evolution is about humans" therefore 'Evolution could be about humans'? Why not? There is something to be said, for exhausting the potential of a given form, without simply waiting for the next one: it means more survival, not less - on the assumption that selection pressures aren't changing detrimentally in the meantime (a risk you were already prepared to take, in the context of your first believing in "Evolution"). This is not the same as Evolution, and should be recognised as a use of theory in its own right.

Like someone, discovering gravity - they should not stop with the discovery of gravity, but explore all the features of gravity they can unite under the one theory. This is called a productive use of existing knowledge, to further a more adaptable end. If you did this consistently, you would have grounds to say that Evolution was "advancing" not merely describing novum, with no connection with novelty. If you are truly interested in something, it is because it has novelty - but scientism has blinded you to the context, in which Evolution works. Not mining your existing design for adaptation is a risk - it is better to be risk averse (than blindly accepting).

Darwin didn't discover "Evolution" because it was 'true', but because it was an effective way of interrelating related subjects - he was in effect exhausting the possibility that humanity might recognise things that would drive it forward, adaptively. Not doing this is a mistake. Over time, ignoring that there might be more potential in your adaptations, makes you comfortable with your Evolution decaying, and taking you with it. If Evolution is relative (as many things are), then you will discover that how you interpret the potential of a given species, is important, to the greater adaptation of the design it has adopted. Ignoring this is making a god of your own way of doing things.

Don't be cheap and backward, start to consider what potential will be there, when your life is tested. The test is coming for everyone, Jesus warned us of this. He did not want us to perish without having experienced life and made it clear that if we don't repent, we will never achieve our peak. There is life in the words of Jesus, He describes how to live wisely and increase the chances that we will be successful in reckoning with things that destroy our potential. For example, sometimes our perspective gets in the way, because we will not choose sides - like we have no way of interpreting Evolution, because we have become complacent with it, viz. what way we miss out when we do not validate the righteousness God presents us with through that Evolution.

Don't let the subtext of your life, be that you are 'evolved' and don't care about anything else, in life! Your life has potential. As much as I am able, I will help you understand what is said about Jesus, through Evolution, if you want, but if I am given an ultimatum of "forget Jesus, or die" I will rather die.

I hope you understand.

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Another thread which nothing to do with the theory of evolution. Don't you ever get tired of this, Gottservant?

I have given you philosophy, in the context of Evolution: your job is to respect it.

Your answer may well be "I honour philosophy the same way I honour Evolution", but you will not be able to say 'I am lost philosophically, as to how Evolution is interpreted".

Without my help, your Evolutional philosophy would be meaningless and you would be in danger of presuming a square Evolution could be put in a round interpretation.

Full credit to Jesus, without His Words, I wouldn't know where I stood, either way.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I have given you philosophy, in the context of Evolution: your job is to respect it.

Your answer may well be "I honour philosophy the same way I honour Evolution", but you will not be able to say 'I am lost philosophically, as to how Evolution is interpreted".

Without my help, your Evolutional philosophy would be meaningless and you would be in danger of presuming a square Evolution could be put in a round interpretation.

Full credit to Jesus, without His Words, I wouldn't know where I stood, either way.
To be frank--as one Christian to another, I hope I don't hurt your feelings--your posts don't seem to have anything to do with Christianity, either.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
To be frank--as one Christian to another, I hope I don't hurt your feelings--your posts don't seem to have anything to do with Christianity, either.

And what does being a Christian mean, but turning the other cheek, to an insult against humanity (that God waited for humanity to be inferior, before He made it strong)?

I mean really, more or less Christian - what are you talking about?

The Holy Spirit, help us both.

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why? You have given a philosophy within the confines of your belief.

You are lost because you fail to understand that evolution is evidence based.

Define your terms. What is "Evolutional philosophy?"

Not to diminish the value of Jesus's message but it was not about evolution.

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hello there,

So this is the observation: "Evolution is about humans" therefore 'Evolution could be about humans'?
Evolution is not about humans.
Your opening premise is wrong. And all you build on this already broken foundation... is also wrong.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
And what does being a Christian mean, but turning the other cheek, to an insult against humanity (that God waited for humanity to be inferior, before He made it strong)?

I mean really, more or less Christian - what are you talking about?

The Holy Spirit, help us both.

If you think that's insulting to humanity, just wait til you read what St. Paul has to say in Romans ch. 3.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What you presented isn't philosophy, it is a weak analogy which is a faulty analogy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0