Evolution that needs to change, is called "Evolution": Evolution that doesn't need to change, is...?

What word would you give that state in which every adaptation has been tried?

• Paradaption

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Proinception

• Reinforcementality

• Cofocalism

• Propetience

• Functiowordasm

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So just a simple observation: how something begins, is not how it ends. We say "the beginning" is "the beginning" and things follow it; we say "the end" is "the end" and things lead up to it - well, when you call something "the Evolution" you say "it will change" so theoretically, you call it something else when it doesn't change? That would make sense. I mean theoretically there is a point, at which every adaptation has been tried?

If every adaptation has been tried, associating reaching that point with a particular word, would make sense?

For one thing, it would help define, when you should be searching for a selection pressure that will add to your "Evolution" - where just sitting on the possibility of change, would likely see you dead!

Help me out - what word would you use? Why would you use that word?

(And if you can't think of a word, please explain to me why you think you will be fine using the one word you have?)

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,453.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Evolution is nothing more than the changes in the alleles of a biological organism brought about by reactions to changes in the environment it lives in being passed onto future offspring who adapt to the world around it.

That's it.

Seriously, you wouldn't make these sorts of posts if you spent the time between your weekly postings by going to various educational websites and actually learning about evolution and the theory of evolution. Because all you are doing is making yourself look like a complete fool.

• Agree
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Evolution is nothing more than the changes in the alleles of a biological organism brought about by reactions to changes in the environment it lives in being passed onto future offspring who adapt to the world around it.

That's it.

Seriously, you wouldn't make these sorts of posts if you spent the time between your weekly postings by going to various educational websites and actually learning about evolution and the theory of evolution. Because all you are doing is making yourself look like a complete fool.

If you had not been told that a word needs to be in context, you might have done what you liked.

But now because you say "it is complete foolishness", your evil stagnates.

Jesus faced the same in His Day, you are not new to the struggle to define relationship for what it is worth.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,453.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
If you had not been told that a word needs to be in context, you might have done what you liked.

But now because you say "it is complete foolishness", your evil stagnates.

Jesus faced the same in His Day, you are not new to the struggle to define relationship for what it is worth.

You are not akin to Jesus. You are poster on a forum who has been told repeatedly that he is wrong about evolution and has been told what evolution is, but you continuously choose to ignore what you have been told and write more foolish statements about what you think evolution is.

Evolution has nothing to do with religion. It is not a theological argument or a moral argument or ethical argument. It is simply a fact about biological science.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
You are not akin to Jesus. You are poster on a forum who has been told repeatedly that he is wrong about evolution and has been told what evolution is, but you continuously choose to ignore what you have been told and write more foolish statements about what you think evolution is.

Evolution has nothing to do with religion. It is not a theological argument or a moral argument or ethical argument. It is simply a fact about biological science.

Yes but "more facts" is not the truth.

You keep acting like you have found the ultimate "fact", when that has nothing to do with whether it will save your soul.

In practical terms, that means you are thinking about what you believe, in ways that are uneducated by greater wisdom - all well and dandy, until you start to ask people to trust your "facts" when they can't trust your "wisdom"?

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness and all these things will be added unto you: if "Evolution" were a thing, according to these words, it would ultimately serve the purpose of God!

What is surprising is that God is not merely content that you ignore His Son, He has given you a reason to go deaf to the rest of us? I'm all for debate, but if you are deaf (to reason?) we need to address your foundation, not your ideation of how much you are entitled to in Creation!

Jesus said "Beware of covetousness" - if all you are doing, is justifying your weekly pay packet, you may find He is reminding you that there are others in the world besides you, no matter how evolved you are?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hi there,

So just a simple observation: how something begins, is not how it ends. We say "the beginning" is "the beginning" and things follow it; we say "the end" is "the end" and things lead up to it - well, when you call something "the Evolution" you say "it will change" so theoretically, you call it something else when it doesn't change? That would make sense. I mean theoretically there is a point, at which every adaptation has been tried?

If every adaptation has been tried, associating reaching that point with a particular word, would make sense?

For one thing, it would help define, when you should be searching for a selection pressure that will add to your "Evolution" - where just sitting on the possibility of change, would likely see you dead!

Help me out - what word would you use? Why would you use that word?

(And if you can't think of a word, please explain to me why you think you will be fine using the one word you have?)
While there are organisms reproducing imperfectly evolution will not end.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,453.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Yes but "more facts" is not the truth.

You keep acting like you have found the ultimate "fact", when that has nothing to do with whether it will save your soul.

In practical terms, that means you are thinking about what you believe, in ways that are uneducated by greater wisdom - all well and dandy, until you start to ask people to trust your "facts" when they can't trust your "wisdom"?

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness and all these things will be added unto you: if "Evolution" were a thing, according to these words, it would ultimately serve the purpose of God!

What is surprising is that God is not merely content that you ignore His Son, He has given you a reason to go deaf to the rest of us? I'm all for debate, but if you are deaf (to reason?) we need to address your foundation, not your ideation of how much you are entitled to in Creation!

Jesus said "Beware of covetousness" - if all you are doing, is justifying your weekly pay packet, you may find He is reminding you that there are others in the world besides you, no matter how evolved you are?

If you're going to start preaching, then just leave this forum because this forum is about discussing science, not preaching.

And yes, a fact is a truth, as much as it can be called the truth. It is a fact that sun rises in the east and sets in the west and we see that as truth. We have the fact that biological evolution occurs in animals and we have that as the best truth for how life came about.

Seriously, try and learn about what you're arguing against. Actually REALLY try and learn because you're just making yourself look foolish.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I kid you not: this was on TV just a minute ago:
Endeavour said:
I hope you are a more convincing liar when it matters, your life might depend on it

The idea that you have the one faith, represented the one way, is a liability, not a strength.

If you come close to death, you might change your mind about how having come from an ape really prepares you for an eternity, in which all of nature ultimately dies!

I'm not angry at you, if anything I am angry at the Devil, that he has decided to judge men on so slight a definition of the truth (as Evolution was)!

What if you really made a difference? What if you were motivated to help people - on the basis of your Evolution? Would you need these silly fairytale conjectures that the Emperor's clothing fits the Emperor a little too well? Wouldn't you overlook the crowd, if it was really that senseless?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
While there are organisms reproducing imperfectly evolution will not end.

The point that I believe needs to be made here, is that irrespective of "Evolution" a species designed by God, is able to flourish in far greater ways than a simple word can define.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,453.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I kid you not: this was on TV just a minute ago:

The idea that you have the one faith, represented the one way, is a liability, not a strength.

If you come close to death, you might change your mind about how having come from an ape really prepares you for an eternity, in which all of nature ultimately dies!

I'm not angry at you, if anything I am angry at the Devil, that he has decided to judge men on so slight a definition of the truth (as Evolution was)!

What if you really made a difference? What if you were motivated to help people - on the basis of your Evolution? Would you need these silly fairytale conjectures that the Emperor's clothing fits the Emperor a little too well? Wouldn't you overlook the crowd, if it was really that senseless?

Evolution has nothing do with faith. It is a demonstrable fact of biological science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
If you're going to start preaching, then just leave this forum because this forum is about discussing science, not preaching.

And yes, a fact is a truth, as much as it can be called the truth. It is a fact that sun rises in the east and sets in the west and we see that as truth. We have the fact that biological evolution occurs in animals and we have that as the best truth for how life came about.

Seriously, try and learn about what you're arguing against. Actually REALLY try and learn because you're just making yourself look foolish.

I am reminding you that there is wisdom to the words of Christ, that you are ignoring (to your peril, honestly).

Jesus said "how is it that you discern the signs of the Sky, but you do not discern the times?" - there is a direct correlation between what you say is "truth" and what Jesus addressed as important.

It is not necessary that you forget one for the other: you could evolve a sense of importance, that is related to the sense of importance that other Evolutionists have?

Stop trying to tell me how smart I am, too - that would be great; we are adults here, we don't need qualifications to justify opinions for the sake of our ego (when you call me evolved, that's how it sounds to me, like you are saying I don't understand how smart I am, without your help).

Jesus will easily and lightly tell you, that I am not interested in Evolution for the sake of my ego - actually it would be interesting to know how much progress your ego has made since you started believing in "Evolution" or is that too "tough" for you?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,453.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I am reminding you that there is wisdom to the words of Christ, that you are ignoring (to your peril, honestly).

Jesus said "how is it that you discern the signs of the Sky, but you do not discern the times?" - there is a direct correlation between what you say is "truth" and what Jesus addressed as important.

It is not necessary that you forget one for the other: you could evolve a sense of importance, that is related to the sense of importance that other Evolutionists have?

Stop trying to tell me how smart I am, too - that would be great; we are adults here, we don't need qualifications to justify opinions for the sake of our ego (when you call me evolved, that's how it sounds to me, like you are saying I don't understand how smart I am, without your help).

Jesus will easily and lightly tell you, that I am not interested in Evolution for the sake of my ego - actually it would be interesting to know how much progress your ego has made since you started believing in "Evolution" or is that too "tough" for you?

But this forum isn't to talk about God's word. It is to talk about science. And no, you haven't shown any interest in evolution because if you did, you wouldn't be making these foolish threads week after week where you are told repeatedly that you are wrong about what you say about evolution then you come back the week after and say something equally foolish.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The point that I believe needs to be made here, is that irrespective of "Evolution" a species designed by God, is able to flourish in far greater ways than a simple word can define.
Why do you believe that? The definition of the word evolution in this context is perfectly fine. Allele frequency changes over time.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If you come close to death, you might change your mind about how having come from an ape really prepares you for an eternity,
I’ve close to death twice. My mind did not change not sure what point you are trying to make.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,453.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I’ve close to death twice. My mind did not change not sure what point you are trying to make.

Speaking as someone who has been close to death as well, you really don't tend to think about such matters.
Heck, my main thought was "Why am I in the air, and why am I in pain?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
There's two points I want to make.

1. Words determine meaning - as such any scientific discovery's importance, is focussed by words (perfect words, perfect focus)

2. What we believe has an affect on us, in part because if nothing else what we believe affects our ego

The question I want to ask then, is "how is what you have believed, helping you, in terms of the ego you ultimately need to save?"

How have relationships around your ego, changed, since deciding to believe in Evolution?

This is where what we believe hits pay dirt, right, the ego? If our ego doesn't benefit from believing something, what is the point?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,453.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
How have relationships around your ego, changed, since deciding to believe in Evolution?

Why is this a question you feel needs to be asked? Evolution is not something that will change a person's outlook on life. Evolution is merely a description of the fact of how biological life changes on Earth.

And no, no-one believes in evolution. Evolution is not a belief system, it is not a religion. It is a scientific fact that is either accepted or is not accepted.

• Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There's two points I want to make.

1. Words determine meaning - as such any scientific discovery's importance, is focussed by words (perfect words, perfect focus)

2. What we believe has an affect on us, in part because if nothing else what we believe affects our ego

The question I want to ask then, is "how is what you have believed, helping you, in terms of the ego you ultimately need to save?"

This is where what we believe hits pay dirt, right, the ego? If our ego doesn't benefit from believing something, what is the point?
I pander to my ego by having the self perception that I follow the evidence where it leads.

How the conclusions I arrive at make me feel does not come into it. If there was some evidence that would show TOE to be wrong I would jump to it.

The fact is I have yet to see such evidence.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
You guys are taking polar opposite approaches to the one concept, just a heads up.

One of you wants clear choice for their ego.

The other thinks following the evidence, is doing the ego justice.

(Just observing you guys in your element, here).

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,453.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
You guys are taking polar opposite approaches to the one concept, just a heads up.

One of you wants clear choice for their ego.

The other thinks following the evidence, is doing the ego justice.

(Just observing you guys in your element, here).

And they both reach the same conclusion: you're being foolish by talking nonsense.

Upvote 0