Aug 22, 2003
Visit site
✟581.00
Faith
Christian
A Parable:
Suppose a man walks up to you and says "I'm a billionaire."
You say "Prove it."
He says "ok", and he points across the street at a bank. "My money is in that bank there." (The bank is closed.)
You say "What does that prove?"
He says "Everyone knows banks have money in them"
You say "I know there is money in the bank, but why should I believe that it's YOUR money?"
"Because it's GREEN" he says.
"What else can you show me?"
He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a penny. "See -- I'm a billionaire."
You're still skeptical. 'What does that prove?', you ask.
"I'M A BILLIONAIRE" he states loudly (obviously annoyed that you would question him). He reaches in another pocket and pulls out another penny, "Do you believe me now?"

Evolution is an elaborate fairy tale propigated by atheists. They are hell bent on explaining away their Creator as if they could only disbelieve hard enough maybe they could make reality go away. (Sadly, some Christians have been cowed by the hype.)

Visit any forum and it doesnt take long to see atheists patting themselves on their backs for their superior rationality but resorting to argument ad hominem and changing the subject rather than confront the evidence.

Ostensibly this is an arguement about science, and atheists like to think all scientists believe in evolution. Science can only suggest possiblilities -- it can never give a reliable conclusion about origins. The question of origins is a question of history.

Christians have evidence to trump all human speculation about origins. We have an inerrant account from our Creator. All Truth leads to God and therefore all good science will lead to God.

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,333.00
Faith
Atheist
A Parable:
Suppose a man walks up to you and says "I'm a billionaire."
You say "Prove it."
He says "ok", and he points across the street at a bank. "My money is in that bank there." (The bank is closed.)
You say "What does that prove?"
He says "Everyone knows banks have money in them"
You say "I know there is money in the bank, but why should I believe that it's YOUR money?"
"Because it's GREEN" he says.
"What else can you show me?"
He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a penny. "See -- I'm a billionaire."
You're still skeptical. 'What does that prove?', you ask.
"I'M A BILLIONAIRE" he states loudly (obviously annoyed that you would question him). He reaches in another pocket and pulls out another penny, "Do you believe me now?"

CreationISM is an elaborate fairy tale propigated by theists. They are hell bent on explaining their Creator as if they could only believe hard enough maybe they could make reality go away. (Sadly, some Christians have been cowed by the hype.)

Visit any forum and it doesnt take long to see theists patting themselves on their backs for their superior rationality but resorting to argument ad hominem and changing the subject rather than confronting the evidence.

Ostensibly this is an arguement about science, and theists like to think all True Christians[sup](tm)[/sup] believe in creationISM. Belief can only suggest possiblilities -- it can never give a reliable conclusion about origins. The question of origins is a question of history.

Scientists have evidence to trump all human speculation about origins. We have an inerrant account from our Creator. All Truth leads to God and therefore all good science will lead to God.

Upvote 0

bevets

Aug 22, 2003
Visit site
✟581.00
Faith
Christian
MartinM said:
It comes up here so much, I nearly forgot: evolution != atheism. But of course, you already knew that.
Evolution is the greatest engine of atheism ever invented. ~ William Provine

The ancient seekers after truth differ from their modern successors in only one respect. It was permitted to them to suppose that supernatural forces were at work in the world-forces which could be perceived only by the eye of faith. The modern seeker refuses to accept any explanation which involves the action of a supernatural agent, even as a last resort. ~ Arthur Keith

We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is an absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door. ~ Richard Lewontin

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Yep, and the earth is really flat, the space shuttle program is just an elaborate lie to make people resect atheist scientists so that they can peddle their obvious false germ theory, the geocentric model, General relativity and evolution.

:)

Let me guess, this is a post and run. :)

Of course, im sure you have evidence to prove this right (more than a bunch of quotes like your site) so that you aren't getting close to that false witness thing, right? :D

P.S. I love how you call that parable "evidence" on your site. :D :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The theory that man evolved from an amoeba is, of course, bunk. I will not dispute that.

However, there is no reason to disbelieve in speciation. All species can speciate within certain parameters as set out within their genetic code.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Pete Harcoff said:
Good thing nobody is arguing that man evolved from amoebas. We evolved from a primate ancestor.

I get the feeling that what our friend is arguing is the old skool theory of evolution, that all life evolved from amoebas.. Otherwise, his argument, or reasonable facsimile thereof, makes absolutely no sense. heh.

Upvote 0

MartinM

GondolierAce
Feb 9, 2003
Visit site
✟5,655.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
drfeelgood said:
The theory that man evolved from an amoeba is, of course, bunk. I will not dispute that.

However, there is no reason to disbelieve in speciation. All species can speciate within certain parameters as set out within their genetic code.
Perhaps you can explain something to me. It's something I've never really got an answer to from a creationist.

If you accept that two groups of organisms can become reproductively isolated, then the mutations in one gene pool will not be transferred to the other. So, the genetic difference between the two groups will increase.

What mechanism do you propose to prevent this difference from becoming arbitrarily large?

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
No its not. as heliocentricism is just a christian lie to fool atheists into going to christianity because they accept science, when we all know that anything christians except is untrue. :p

(yes i did put geo in there on purpose just for fun. :) )

Bushido216 said:
Arikay, it's heliocentrism. ;)

Upvote 0

bevets

Aug 22, 2003
Visit site
✟581.00
Faith
Christian
Arikay said:
Yep, and the earth is really flat, the space shuttle program is just an elaborate lie to make people resect atheist scientists so that they can peddle their obvious false germ theory, the geocentric model, General relativity and evolution.
A Parable:
"I'M A BILLIONAIRE" he states loudly (obviously annoyed that you would question him).

Visit any forum and it doesnt take long to see atheists patting themselves on their backs for their superior rationality but resorting to argument ad hominem and changing the subject rather than confront the evidence.

You should not confuse evolution with science.

The question of origins is a question of History (whatever happened only happened once) not science.

Please explain how the scientific method applys. i.e. observe, predict, experiment, repeat -- how do we repeat ANCIENT (pre human) history? Here's a helpful suggestion repeat the transition from reptile to bird in a lab (that would be fascinating!) After you have repeated this transition, explain why your lab experiment proves that this is EXACTLY how it happened historically.

Let me guess, this is a post and run.
Only in your wildest fantasies.

Of course, im sure you have evidence to prove this right (more than a bunch of quotes like your site) so that you aren't getting close to that false witness thing, right?
Here's a tip: Cite a specific quote and then demonstrate why it is not accurate.

Upvote 0