Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
rjw said:
And I would still love to know what makes JohnR7 think that the author of the verse in Rev 21:8 had we evolutionists in mind and that he thought we would be:-

1) cowardly, and

2) abominable, and

3) immoral persons, and

4) idolaters, and

5) all liars.

People are all of these things not for being a evolutionist, but for rejecting creationism. They end up in the lake of fire because they reject God.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Gracchus said:
I hate to tell you, JohnR7, but it would seem that lake of fire is going to be really crowded.

God can expand the lake of fire to make it as big as it needs to be.

Proverbs 27:20
Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.

The word used in the KJV of the O.T. from the Hebrew word sheol, the unseen state. Deut. 32:22; 2 Samuel 22:6; Job 11:8; Job 26:6; Psalm 9:17; Psalm 16:10; Psalm 18:5; Psalm 55:15; Psalm 86:13; Psalm 116:3; Psalm 139:8; Proverbs 5:5; Proverbs 7:27; Proverbs 9:18; Proverbs 15:11; Proverbs 15:24; Proverbs 23:14; Proverbs 27:20; Isaiah 5:14; Isaiah 14:9; Isaiah 14:15; Isaiah 28:15; Isaiah 28:18; Isaiah 57:9; Ezekiel 31:16-17; Ezekiel 32:21; Ezekiel 32:27; Amos 9:2; Jonah 2:2; Habakkuk 2:5
• Translation of the Greek word hades in N.T. KJV, the unseen world. Matthew 11:23; Matthew 16:18; Luke 10:15; Luke 16:23; Acts 2:27; Acts 2:31; Rev. 1:18; Rev. 6:8; Rev. 20:13-14
• Translation of the Greek word gehenna, signifying the place of torment. Matthew 5:22; Matthew 5:29-30; Matthew 10:28; Matthew 18:9; Matthew 23:15; Matthew 23:33; Mark 9:43; Mark 9:45; Mark 9:47; Luke 12:5; James 3:6
• Translation of the Greek word tartarus, signifying the infernal region. 2 Peter 2:4
• Sheol is also translated grave in KJV. Genesis 37:35; Genesis 42:38; Genesis 44:29; Genesis 44:31; 1 Samuel 2:6; 1 Kings 2:6; 1 Kings 2:9; Job 7:9; Job 14:13; Job 17:13; Job 21:13; Job 24:19; Psalm 6:5; Psalm 30:3; Psalm 31:17; Psalm 49:14-15; Psalm 88:3; Psalm 89:48; Psalm 141:7; Proverbs 1:12; Proverbs 30:16; Eccles. 9:10; Song 8:6; Isaiah 14:11; Isaiah 38:10; Isaiah 38:18; Ezekiel 31:15; Hosea 13:14
• Sheol is also translated pit. Numbers 16:30; Numbers 16:33; Job 17:16
• The English revisers.
• Insert the Hebrew word sheol in places where hell, grave, and pit were used in the KJV.
• Except in the prophetical books and in. Deut. 32:22; Psalm 55:15; Psalm 86:13
• The American revisers use Sheol where it occurs in the original.
• The future abode of the wicked. Psalm 9:17; Proverbs 5:5; Proverbs 9:13-18; Proverbs 15:24; Proverbs 23:13-14; Isaiah 30:33; Isaiah 33:14; Matthew 3:12; Matthew 5:29-30; Matthew 7:13-14; Matthew 8:11-12; Matthew 10:28; Matthew 13:30; Matthew 13:38-42; Matthew 13:49-50; Matthew 16:18; Matthew 18:8-9; Matthew 18:34-35; Matthew 22:13; Matthew 25:28-30; Matthew 25:41; Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Luke 3:17; Luke 16:23-26; Luke 16:28; Acts 1:25; 2 Thes. 1:9; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 1:6; Jude 1:23; Rev. 2:11; Rev. 9:1-2; Rev. 11:7; Rev. 14:10-11; Rev. 19:20; Rev. 20:10; Rev. 20:15; Rev. 21:8
» See: Wicked; punishment of

Upvote 0

Psudopod

Godspeed, Spacebat
Apr 11, 2006
Bath
✟11,638.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
And I would still love to know what makes JohnR7 think that the author of the verse in Rev 21:8 had we evolutionists in mind and that he thought we would be:-

1) cowardly, and

2) abominable, and

3) immoral persons, and

4) idolaters, and

5) all liars.

What abotu sorcerors? I've never played a sorceror in my life. I prefer rogues.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Split Rock said:
It is our Constitution that "promotes" a separation of church and state. If you don't like our Constitution, I suggest you go establish a Theocracy on some island in the Pacific. That way you can CONTROL AND MANIPULATE the education of the starfish and sea urchins there and outlaw the evil doctrine of Darwinism.

It is our Constitution that "promoted" no Federal Church. And If you don't wish to accept that, I can only assume that you have been nurtured by propaganda that has no place under our Constitution but has found a home throughout the govermental educational institutions that are funded, supported, manipulated and controlled by secularized humanitarians who feel that THEY do a service for humanity through the promotion of non christian exclusive secularized thought and hedonism-------A RELIGION UNTO ONE'S SELF. The only thing that I note being outlawed is Creation and Intelligent Design theories, because they undermine cooperative educational practices by promoting and encouraging logical independent thought processes to grow. All the while these very same secular humanitarians promote a false sense of independence by encouraging student self expression through materialistic fashions, body art and mutalations which do not require either logic or personal sacrifice & investigation. Sheep to the slaughter. Then we will have government of the government, by the government and for the government, and the average man will have nothing but his THINGS. Independent thought will not be one of them and the AntiChrist will have easy pickings. Everyone left will believe everything he will have to say..........

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,635.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
LittleNipper said:
Then we will have government of the government, by the government and for the government,
More accurately, we will have government of the corporation, by the corporation and for the corporation.
average man will have nothing but his THINGS.
and the corporation will be happy.
ought will not be one of them and the AntiChrist will have easy pickings. Everyone left will believe everything he will have to say..........
Give thanks to the Corporation.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
LittleNipper said:
It is our Constitution that "promoted" no Federal Church.
Agreed, but this includes not promoting any one religion over others.

LittleNipper said:
And If you don't wish to accept that, I can only assume that you have been nurtured by propaganda that has no place under our Constitution but has found a home throughout the govermental educational institutions that are funded, supported, manipulated and controlled by secularized humanitarians who feel that THEY do a service for humanity through the promotion of non christian exclusive secularized thought and hedonism-------A RELIGION UNTO ONE'S SELF.
Can you give any examples of government promoted secularized hedonism?

LittleNipper said:
The only thing that I note being outlawed is Creation and Intelligent Design theories, because they undermine cooperative educational practices by promoting and encouraging logical independent thought processes to grow.
There is no thought encouraged by Creation / ID "theories." If we don't understand something fully, then "God Did It" is the answer. How does this promote independent thought? You are forgetting (or pretending to forget) that the default Creationist position is that evolutionary theory should not be taught, because it is evil. After the Scopes trial, evolution was excluded from education in many parts of the country (especially the South). Where is the independent thought in this?

LittleNipper said:
All the while these very same secular humanitarians promote a false sense of independence by encouraging student self expression through materialistic fashions, body art and mutalations which do not require either logic or personal sacrifice & investigation. Sheep to the slaughter.
I have no idea what any of this has to due with teaching evolution or ID in science classes...

LittleNipper said:
Then we will have government of the government, by the government and for the government, and the average man will have nothing but his THINGS. Independent thought will not be one of them and the AntiChrist will have easy pickings. Everyone left will believe everything he will have to say..........
More ranting that has nothing to do with what is taught in science classes.

L.N. you seem to be very angry. You seem angry all the time. I sometimes wonder how you can be filled with the Holy Ghost and still be so angry. Please lay down for a while and try to relax. Take a stress pill. Drink some warm milk. Read a book. Chill.

Upvote 0

Adriac

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
✟16,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Pete Harcoff said:
Eh, creationists will just cry "persecution!" and carry on as always.

If anything, the fact that they have a never-ending fight that they can never win will keep them going indefinitely.

LittleNipper said:
Actually, the Simpson's parody may be a comic flip to what has been experianced by creationists in the past at the hands of those promoting a seperation of chuch and STATE CONTROLLED AND MANIPULATED EDUCATION......

Three posts flat.

Smokin'.

Upvote 0

Asimov

Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
livingword26 said:
If a city or a town or a community, wants to teach creationism, either by itself, or along side evolution, or even if this entity wishes to point out the fact that evolution is only a theory, or even if they want to mention that there could possibly be mistakes in this theory, the federal government, usually by the request of the aclu or similar organizations puts a stop to it, under the rouge that the alternative is religion. The same thing is happening to prayer, and even little phrases such as "under God". The school system was not designed to be regulated by the federal government, nor should it be. It is and always has been a state function. No one wants a theocracy, that is the main reason this country was founded, to escape theocracy. But having the federal government regulating what can and cannot be done in schools is precisely the type of thing that the amendment in question is there for. For most of the 225 years of our country, children prayed, and read out of the bible in schools. They were taught biblical principals, and family values. Christians are not trying to get these things put in where they never were. We are trying to keep them from continuing to root out God from public life. Look at the decline in our society since these things have begun to be removed. It would be a stunning coincidence. If the generation of children that is comming of age does not scare you, you are not looking at what is on the streets out there.

Aaaaah......Aaaaaaaahh......aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh-POST HOC ERGO PROPTER HOC-CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Excuse me...I just had a little itchy nose there and had to sneeze.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Adriac said:
I'm feeling the love. Are you feeling the love?
I believe that God loves us and that He wants the very best for us. But He still give us the freedom to decide for ourselves. People will end up getting exactly what they want out of life. What you put into it is what your going to get in return. It is going to be a lot more exact then most people realize.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Adriac said:
Pharmacists??!

What have they ever done to anyone?

They allow themselves to be manupulated by a mafia controled drug industry. Only doctors are more stupid then they are in allowing themselves to be wined and dined. I suppose I should not look a gift horse in the mouth though. My daddy use to bring home a lot of free stuff from the drug companys.

Upvote 0

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
JohnR7 said:
They allow themselves to be manupulated by a mafia controled drug industry. Only doctors are more stupid then they are in allowing themselves to be wined and dined. I suppose I should not look a gift horse in the mouth though. My daddy use to bring home a lot of free stuff from the drug companys.

The passion with which we hold to beliefs ought to be directly proportional to the amount of evidence for the truthfulness of them. However this is often not the case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
JohnR7 said:
Shame on you for missing the point of something very important that could mean salvation for people. People do not end up in the lake of fire because they accept evolution, it is because they reject creationism. They reject God as the Creator. You can be a evolutionist and a creationist at the same time. There are many theistic evolutionists out there. They are perhaps the largest group of people in this country. People that accept BOTH evolution and creationism. The lake of fire is for those who reject creationism. They are cowards because they will not take a stand for the truth. Then they go around and are critical of people who do take a stand for what is good, pure, right and true.

Total BS.

You can believe in God and accept evolution, yes, but if you accept evolution you cannot subscribe to a literal interpretation of Genesis. Plain and simple. Genesis states that all forms of life, including animals, including humans, were created separately and individually by God. No survival of the fittest, no natural selection, etc. It's not there.

If you do hold a belief in God and accept evolution, you have to accept that Genesis is not literally true, that it is mythology written by people that did not understand the world and the universe as we do in the 21st century. You have to accept that if in fact God had a hand in creation, it is not as written in the Bible, but that God "set things in motion" billions of years ago. You can believe that God has had a hand in matters since then or you can believe that he has not, but it does not matter which you believe because evolution does not require the presence or absence of God in order to work and make predictions as a scientific theory.

Centuries ago, mathematicians and astronomers collected data on the motions of the planets and some, such as Johannes Kepler, derived formulas that described how the planets move around the sun and could accurately (more or less) predict such things as where Jupiter would appear 2 months in the future, or what phase the moon would be in 4 years in the future. The story goes, someone asked Kepler when he presented these formulas "Where is the hand of God in your work?" Kepler is supposed to have responded, "It is not there because it is not required."

For centuries since, the church has had to accept that its previous dogmatic teachings on the earth and the universe, based solely on the Bible, are inaccurate and incorrect. The church no longer teaches that the earth is the center of the universe, that the stars and sun and planets revolve around the earth, that the earth is flat, that the sky is literally a dome arching over the flat earth, and that heaven is directly above the earth. None of those ancient concepts fits with our modern understanding of the universe, and so the church has had to simply accept, retreat, and find ways to keep itself relevant.

A church that insists on resisting and subscribing to ancient mythological knowledge will eventually die.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
RealityCheck said:
Total BS.

You can believe in God and accept evolution, yes, but if you accept evolution you cannot subscribe to a literal interpretation of Genesis.

There is more than one literal interpretation of Genesis and not all of them conflict with the theory of evolution.

Plain and simple. Genesis states that all forms of life, including animals, including humans, were created separately and individually by God.

That is one of the literal interpretations, but it is not the only one. Science discovers new things all the time. What they have found helps us to better understand the Bible. There are some interpretations of the Bible that are no longer valid because of some of the new information that we have. Now we are able to understand our Bible better then we ever could before.

A church that insists on resisting and subscribing to ancient mythological knowledge will eventually die.

This was falsified a long time ago, right along with the God is dead theory. You should at least wake up enough to reality to know that God is not dead and the church is going to continue on to the end of this age.

Upvote 0

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
JohnR7 said:
They allow themselves to be manupulated [sic] by a mafia controled drug industry. Only doctors are more stupid then [sic] they are in allowing themselves to be wined and dined. I suppose I should not look a gift horse in the mouth though. My daddy use [sic] to bring home a lot of free stuff from the drug companys. [sic]
John, if you're going to call someone stupid, you should first learn to spell. Because the hypocrisy really works against your case.
For that matter, I wonder if Jesus would call doctors stupid? :scratch: I would fathom a guess and say no.

Upvote 0

rjw

Mar 2, 2004
✟1,624.00
Faith
Atheist
JohnR7 said:
People are all of these things not for being a evolutionist, but for rejecting creationism. They end up in the lake of fire because they reject God.
Gidday JohnR7,

Could you please clarify, less I think you want a bob each way on this or did not think about what you wrote before you posted?

Goseminonles took a swipe at creationists so you offered him Rev 21:8 for those who accepted the alternative (presumably evolutionists). In your latest post to me you say that it has nothing to do with being an evolutionist but has everything to do with not being a creationist.

How on earth does this make sense? Am I missing something?

As for being put into the lake of fire for rejecting God. Theistic evolutionists do accept God. They do not accept your god. In that context your post could make a bit of sense. However, Theistic Evolutionists reject creationism.

So again your reply does not make sense.

Please clarify.

Regards, Roland

Upvote 0