Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I've been discussing Evolution further, weighing principles, considering things and I've come to the conclusion that there is some sort of emergence of the soul from the dust through an ongoing process of divination exercised by the Holy Spirit using principalities and powers. What I don't understand, wait let me backtrack, what I've been focussing on recently is the fact that a selection pressure can activate a series of adaptations at once. For example, if an ape sees a bananna, his sense of smell is motivated, his knowledge of climbing is activated, his appetite is whet, he feels the breeze and assesses the difficulty of climbing that particular tree, all these things take multiple systems that are all activated by the one need to eat the bananna. The reason I am thinking about this is that theoretically a human is able to activate knowledge of activation at the same time that it is activated. This means that you can be aware of how your are activated by a given selection pressure, as though you know what Evolution is simply by thinking about it.

And this is what I don't understand: how can you think of yourself as knowing Evolution, when all you do is interrupt the process by which you become aware of it. It just doesn't follow! The two things are tangential to each other, one is a concept of what you become as a result of a process over which you supposedly have no control, the other is an awareness that is innate, whether or not you have been shaped by this or that particular selection pressure. At some point, it simply has to take faith that something is what Evolution says it is, not because Evolution exerts a selection pressure but precisely because everything but it exerts a selection pressure. I mean you can see it from the converse perspective, just because I have two concepts in mind - "Evolution" and "Diception" - when I observe the Evolutionary process, doesn't mean the selection pressure that leads me to activate both those concepts is any less valid. But what happens to the concepts? Well, if Evolution is true, one will be weeded out, on the assumption that I am selecting these concepts for strength, but on the other hand if I am trying to boost my multitasking skills then the number of concepts employed at any one time is more or less irrelevant. Does that make Diception stronger than Evolution, if it was to be that it would be eliminated? Or does Evolution now simply tolerate Diception, as if it has a will of its own? Do you see the root of my confusion here? It is as though I am supposed to believe Evolution has some sort of power to explain what I am seeing, yet if it is true, it has no power over other concepts...

...I am not sure what this means. My conscience tells me this is because it fits squarely in the category of fiction, but my brain tells me "no, its more of an applied fiction, with tangential paths of action" - much like movies with their axis of action - and I am left questioning why anyone would want such a fiction, either way. I mean, if someone is saying "no this is not fiction in any way" how do you reason with them? And if they don't heed reasoning, as this all is? For I have come to learn that people don't reason effectively regarding Evolution, though despite my best efforts they criticize me for not seeing that it is a law - even despite it failing as miserably as I have shown here! Ordinarily, I would just let extraneous concepts die, but this is one everyone obsesses over and vaunts as some sort of pinnacle to understanding... even though you can't think it, because we're not designed to think more than one reference toward thought (or process or what have you) at a time, if we want to get an idea of what it means.

I mean it really is like filling your head with garbage.