Evolution a reason to be spiritual inspiration or faith enriching?

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I heard people say that evolution enriches their faith in God. How so? Are it that possible?
The only thing that enriches a Christians faith in God is the Bible, activated by the Holy Spirit dwelling in the believer. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Faith cannot come through a natural scientific and unproved theory made up by natural man. If faith in God came through science, then every scientist in the world would be passionate godly men and women.

Upvote 0

NobleMouse

We have nothing, if not belief in the Lord
Sep 19, 2017
Mid West
✟47,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only thing that enriches a Christians faith in God is the Bible, activated by the Holy Spirit dwelling in the believer. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Faith cannot come through a natural scientific and unproved theory made up by natural man. If faith in God came through science, then every scientist in the world would be passionate godly men and women.
Spot on Oscarr! This is confirmed by Pew Research that only 33% of scientists believe in the God of the Christian Bible. Since 2009, I doubt this statistic has improved:
Source: Scientists and Belief

To the contrary, secular science is given as a significant reason why some people are turning away from the Christian faith - so it seems to be having the opposite effect to spiritual inspiration and enrichment... it is leading to spiritual death:
Source: Why America’s ‘nones’ left religion behind

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard people say that evolution enriches their faith in God. How so? Are it that possible?
Evolution is based on Evidence that God has given us to examine and study. So we can know how God created the world and the universe we live in. There are different theories and even different paradigms within evolutionary theory to explain the evidence and what we have to work with. Clearly there is a difference between theistic and atheistic Evolutionary theory. By atheistic I men people like Dawkins and his selfish gene theory. As compared to Evolutionary theory based on synergy and the Co-Operative Gene.

I believe we need both Science and the Bible. The question then becomes what is a true Science and what is a True Understanding or Interpretation of the Bible. We also run into an issue with the traditions of man and the leaven of the Pharisee. Sometimes we need to sort through this to get to the truth.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
33% of scientists believe in the God of the Christian Bible.
Zechariah 13 8 "It will come about in all the land," Declares the LORD, "That two parts in it will be cut off and perish; But the third will be left in it. 9"And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them; I will say, They are My people,' And they will say,'The LORD is my God.'"

Reactions: NobleMouse
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Evolutionists maintain that evolutin makes blief in God unneccesary so how can something that is destructive to faith enrich faith.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Jesus tells Thomas "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." Jesus here identifies two types of faith. Faith that comes from seeing and faith that comes from not seeing. Although it is clear that blind faith is better and even encouraged the belief from seeing can still be authentic faith. Some people come to Christ through different perspectives and although the Bible is important all of creation echos the glory of God. If someone experiences the glory of God through his creation I will leave the debates alone so long as Christ is glorified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus tells Thomas "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." Jesus here identifies two types of faith. Faith that comes from seeing and faith that comes from not seeing. Although it is clear that blind faith is better and even encouraged the belief from seeing can still be authentic faith. Some people come to Christ through different perspectives and although the Bible is important all of creation echos the glory of God. If someone experiences the glory of God through his creation I will leave the debates alone so long as Christ is glorified.
Jesus told the story about Lazarus a beggar who went to heaven, and a rich man who went to hell. While in hell he saw the beggar in the bosom of Abraham. He pleaded with Abraham to send someone back from the dead to warn his brothers not to come to this dreadful place. Abraham told him that even if someone went back from the dead, if his brothers did not believe the Law and the Prophets (that is, the Torah), they would not believe him. Our faith is not blind. It is our trust in the written Scriptures and in the promises and teaching contained in them.

• Agree
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,818.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hello. It's a delusion. This is even one of the UK's leading evolutionists saying that theistic evolution is a delusion. A delusion makes people feel chirper for a while because they're out of reality. As for faith in God, evolution is a faith killer. Go see the theistic evolutionist in twenty years.

God Bless :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus told the story about Lazarus a beggar who went to heaven, and a rich man who went to hell. While in hell he saw the beggar in the bosom of Abraham. He pleaded with Abraham to send someone back from the dead to warn his brothers not to come to this dreadful place. Abraham told him that even if someone went back from the dead, if his brothers did not believe the Law and the Prophets (that is, the Torah), they would not believe him. Our faith is not blind. It is our trust in the written Scriptures and in the promises and teaching contained in them.

I think as mature Christians absolutely our faith is not blind and is built upon the foundation of the scriptures but ignorance of scripture should not be looked at as an impossibility for someone to authentically experience God.

In the account of Lazarus Jesus is foreshadowing his own resurrection which is the context where Thomas finds himself doubting and yet Thomas believes after seeing. The account seems to address those who have rejected the gospel or are hostile to it but I don't think should be used as a blanket statement for all those outside of organised faith especially since the Lazarus account contrasts the
unexpected as a son of Abraham and the expected is rejected, which is a classic jew/gentile analogy.

I have a good number of friends where I am their only encounter of scripture, where they would otherwise reject it and I'm not about to cast aside their waxing faith because they can't be given a Christian checkbox yet. Until their faith matures I am their burning bush they are drawn to and I am their Gospel as it is Christ through me (even if they don't know this). I'm digressing the OP but I refuse to reject someone's enriching experience of God outside of scripture when God is genuinely glorified. I simply don't see scripture as the only window to God or it's starting point to faith in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums