Evil things have happened at Fr. Paul Kalchik's church, and the burning of the rainbow flag is...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...not one of them

Last week, when I heard the news that Father Paul Kalchik and some fellow parishioners from his Chicago parish had burned a rainbow flag he found in the church's storage, I knew things were not going to go well for him in Cardinal Bernardin's old archdiocese, now administered by Cardinal Cupich. The Chicago Tribune provides context: Kalchik said twice he was a victim of sexual abuse...

Continued below.
Fr Paul Kalchik: A Kind Of Martyr

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...not one of them

Last week, when I heard the news that Father Paul Kalchik and some fellow parishioners from his Chicago parish had burned a rainbow flag he found in the church's storage, I knew things were not going to go well for him in Cardinal Bernardin's old archdiocese, now administered by Cardinal Cupich. The Chicago Tribune provides context: Kalchik said twice he was a victim of sexual abuse...

Continued below.
Not a catholic, but I applaud that priest for standing up to the wicked sodomites.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Not a catholic, but I applaud that priest for standing up to the wicked sodomites.

Even if you resent all of our dogmas I bet you're far more catholic than many of our so called clergy.
It's a shame our church has gotten infiltrated by modernists and LGBT activists.
Many of our bishops (and perhaps even the pope himself) are modernists and heretics working inside our church to suffocate the catholic faith.

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on your church!

Upvote 0

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...not one of them

Continued below.

I would have thrown out the flag as well, but don't you think burning it was a bit theatrical?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From what I read in a couple of sources, it was a sort of exorcism/cleansing ceremony. Not unfamiliar with the Church.
I would have thrown out the flag as well, but don't you think burning it was a bit theatrical?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I woulda burned it too. But now I read how it wasn't the priest per se who did it but parishoners. Of course the good cardinal has come down on the priest to smash him.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

They should be glad this wasn't Holy Mother Russia. A priest there conducted a "gay wedding" ceremony a while back. When the bishop found out, he immediately defrocked and laicized the priest, then burned the parish to the ground, stating that it had "been desecrated and was no longer fit for holy use."

THAT is a good and holy bishop!!!!

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
upload_2018-9-25_13-16-31.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It is interesting that this happened in the same city, in the same archdiocese as Father Pfleger, a man who seems more interested in being a SJW activist than a preacher of the word of God.
Not merely interesting but quite telling. Cardinal George suspended Pfleger, but for less than a month back in 2011. Cardinal Cupich removed a different priest recently for an allegation of abuse, subsequently found totally untrue, but that priest is still permanently removed. He was an orthodox priest, an apparent odium to Cupich. And now cardinal Cupich has removed Fr. Kalchik and who knows if he will ever pastor again. For having a blasphemous flag burned. Cardinal Cupich actually knows how to use his authority to promote his agenda. If he had even the slightest concern about Fr. Pfleger he would already be gone. That's why Kalchik is out. There is a standard being practiced in Chicago now, and it isn't a Catholic one.

• Agree
Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not merely interesting but quite telling. Cardinal George suspended Pfleger, but for less than a month back in 2011. Cardinal Cupich removed a different priest recently for an allegation of abuse, subsequently found totally untrue, but that priest is still permanently removed. He was an orthodox priest, an apparent odium to Cupich. And now cardinal Cupich has removed Fr. Kalchik and who knows if he will ever pastor again. For having a blasphemous flag burned. Cardinal Cupich actually knows how to use his authority to promote his agenda. If he had even the slightest concern about Fr. Pfleger he would already be gone. That's why Kalchik is out. There is a standard being practiced in Chicago now, and it isn't a Catholic one.
IF I recall correctly, severla years ago the archdiocese decided to transfer Father Pfleger to another parish. Apparently this is normal course of business after a certain number of years. He stoked up the congregation to go after the archdiocese, which relented and left him at St. Sabina. Pfleger is the single most powerful man in that archdiocese.

Upvote 0

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟401,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Nope - Jesus flipped tables and pulled out a whip in the Temple to cleanse it. Sometimes a strong response is called for.

And yes for the Baptist guest - I know many Baptists that uphold good orthodox and Catholic principles far better than many Catholic clergy and lay people. Thank you for this.

Upvote 0

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope - Jesus flipped tables and pulled out a whip in the Temple to cleanse it. Sometimes a strong response is called for.

And yes for the Baptist guest - I know many Baptists that uphold good orthodox and Catholic principles far better than many Catholic clergy and lay people. Thank you for this.

Maybe you guys are right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums