West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
no it is not dishonist if the critisims are valid.
one is not required to post an opinion.

Sent from my tablet using CF

no it's not required it's just honest.

thats all.

it's dishonest to lurk and attack other postings and never post any opinions.

Upvote 0

StormanNorman

Mar 5, 2013
✟8,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
but they could not have, it's impossible as I have posted.

unless random chemistry can create 100% right handed nucleotides?

No offense, Grady, but if there are real scientists who study and do research in this field for a living that state that this Miller Experiment (whatever that was) shows that indeed it is possible, then I tend to believe them over you .... again, no offense.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No offense, Grady, but if there are real scientists who study and do research in this field for a living that state that this Miller Experiment (whatever that was) shows that indeed it is possible, then I tend to believe them over you .... again, no offense.

last hero has openly showed disbelief of the primordial soup theory, but maybe you missed that conversation,

here are the posts:

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who said DNA evolved in a primordial soup? And even if they did, how does that connect to human DNA evolving now?

I used you as an example of a lack of belief in the primordial soup theory, I hope you don't mind.

Upvote 0

StormanNorman

Mar 5, 2013
✟8,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
last hero has openly showed disbelief of the primordial soup theory, but maybe you missed that conversation,

here are the posts:

Yeah, what does this have to do with me? I have no idea whether the primordial soup theory is true or not ... and I am certainly no expert in this particular subject; in fact, my limited understanding is that there are few definitives when it comes to the beginning of life question.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, what does this have to do with me? I have no idea whether the primordial soup theory is true or not ... and I am certainly no expert in this particular subject; in fact, my limited understanding is that there are few definitives when it comes to the beginning of life question.

all I was doing was showing you where we were at in the conversation that just ended because He denied the soup theory as a possibility, then you stated otherwise, so I reposted my original posts because you said you trust school textbooks over me, (which is fine)

Upvote 0

StormanNorman

Mar 5, 2013
✟8,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
all I was doing was showing you where we were at in the conversation that just ended because He denied the soup theory as a possibility, then you stated otherwise, so I reposted my original posts because you said you trust school textbooks over me, (which is fine)

Actually I didn't say that I trust school textbooks, but, rather, the professional scientists who perform the experiments and have the requisite expertise in the related fields.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can't say I've ever heard of 'primordial soup theory'.

well it's a prominant theory out right now on abiogenesis, but it's not the only one it's probably just the most popular. Miller urey were not looking for life but validating a previous experiment trying to look for life. But all they did was validate the primordial soup theory in many peoples minds. But the schools are still teaching water as a possible embryo for life, (primordial soup). As there are not any other real options as maybe a hydrothermic vent but I don't know much about that theory as it's not too prevalent yet anyways. (I may have misspelled it even).

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually I didn't say that I trust school textbooks, but, rather, the professional scientists who perform the experiments and have the requisite expertise in the related fields.

do you know of a lot that still support the primordial soup theory?

It's easy to grasp and thats why it's still popular.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What schools? Out of what textbooks?

Biology: teachers addition by Holt, rinehart, and winston, austin, texan 2006

this book a public textbook teaches "water has properties that support life"

article 3:2, and 5:4

and what it means by that is the primordial soup theory.

but more importantly HOLT teaches in pages 254, T257

that "The miller experiment and others demonstrate that life could have formed in the "primordial soup." or very similar wording

I can quote two other textbooks as well that have this similar statements:

Glencoe page 382, 388

Prentice Hall 357, 359

sourced below:

Biggs, A. et al., Biology: The Dynamics of Life (Florida Edition), Glencoe/McGraw Hill, New York, 2006
pages 382, 388

Campbell, N., Williamson, and R. Heyden, Biology: Exploring Life (Florida Teacher's Edition), Pearson Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, 2006
pages 357, 359

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know of any in particular .... but, again, this is not my field of study...

well like i said the miller urey experiment revitalized the primordial soup theory, so textbooks are still teaching it because of that one experiment.

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yeah classic art is another story, we have to put up with their nakedness, but no one elses.

What's "to put up with? Its art. The beauty of nature.

Are you admitting that you are the one with the dirty mind, who looks at art "with lust in your heart"?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What's "to put up with? Its art. The beauty of nature.

Are you admitting that you are the one with the dirty mind, who looks at art "with lust in your heart"?

art can be just as beautiful with clothes on.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.