Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I didnt see a thread specifically relating to this so here I go (havent posted here before).

I am just wondering, what evidence (not counting The Bible or any holy scripture) that brings about the conclusion that everything (world, universe, us, etc) is designed. Or is it more an assumption that it is designed because its complicated?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am just wondering, what evidence (not counting The Bible or any holy scripture) that brings about the conclusion that everything (world, universe, us, etc) is designed.
Two things:

1. Everything dovetails ... right down to the molecular level.
  2. The universe as we know it is only made up of so many parts ... all listed out neatly on a chart.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did and she wrote,
'I am just wondering, what evidence that brings about the conclusion that everything is designed.'
That's right -- you Arab-phoned it though, to answer with your standard consol-blow opinions.
Do you have any evidence?
Once again:

1. dovetails
  2. the Periodic Table of the Elements
Of course you don't if you had we would know about it already...
You wouldn't know Balaam's [donkey] if she spoke to you.

The techno-shock would probably Quinlan you.

Scientist.

Upvote 0

Ssup

Sep 3, 2013
✟294.00
Faith
Atheist
Two things:

1. Everything dovetails ... right down to the molecular level.
  2. The universe as we know it is only made up of so many parts ... all listed out neatly on a chart.

That's right -- you Arab-phoned it though, to answer with your standard consol-blow opinions.

Once again:

1. dovetails
  2. the Periodic Table of the Elements

You Arab-phoned yourself.

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I didnt see a thread specifically relating to this so here I go (havent posted here before).

I am just wondering, what evidence (not counting The Bible or any holy scripture) that brings about the conclusion that everything (world, universe, us, etc) is designed. Or is it more an assumption that it is designed because its complicated?

There are numerous biological machines in an organism that look exactly like what humans would construct mechanically and those machines could not have been built up in a step wise fashion over millions of years while the organism was still functioning and alive. Not to mention a lot of those machines work together.

Then outside of living things you have a finely tuned universe, sun, moon, earth, etc. Finely tuned laws of nature. Everything you can see screams out design by an ID.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
There are numerous biological machines in an organism that look exactly like what humans would construct mechanically . . .

Name one human built machine that is made up of a string of amino acids.

and those machines could not have been built up in a step wise fashion over millions of years while the organism was still functioning and alive.

Evidence please.

Not to mention a lot of those machines work together.

Why is this evidence of design?

Then outside of living things you have a finely tuned universe, sun, moon, earth, etc. Finely tuned laws of nature. Everything you can see screams out design by an ID.

Please provide evidence that they were tuned by a designer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
There are numerous biological machines in an organism that look exactly like what humans would construct mechanically

Really? Exactly like? Would you mind showing a few examples?

Then outside of living things you have a finely tuned universe, sun, moon, earth, etc. Finely tuned laws of nature.

You're making the assumption that the laws of nature can be anything other than what they are, that they need fine tuning in the first place. There's no possible way for you to know this.

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Really? Exactly like? Would you mind showing a few examples?

How do you think you are sitting there alive? Your body making energy for you and such?

Here is one machine:

You're making the assumption that the laws of nature can be anything other than what they are, that they need fine tuning in the first place. There's no possible way for you to know this.

If they were not fine tuned we would not be here.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
How do you think you are sitting there alive? Your body making energy for you and such?

Here is one machine:

Here's the part where, if I were smart-aleck, I would use the same line you're fond of using and say that this is just a picture based on assumptions. But I won't do that.

Instead, I'll ask you to show an actual picture of this microscopic organism and show where these things are on it.

Also: The bacterial flagellum? Could you be any more predictable?

Again, you're assuming that they need to be fine-tuned in the first place. You have no way of knowing if the laws of the universe can be any way other than what they are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BarryDesborough

Jul 11, 2010
France
✟1,473.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

http://oolon.awardspace.com/SMOGGM.htm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Here's the part where, if I were smart-aleck, I would use the same line you're fond of using and say that this is just a picture based on assumptions. But I won't do that.

Instead, I'll ask you to show an actual picture of this microscopic organism and show where these things are on it.

How about an electron microscope image?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Here is one machine:

That "machine" is nothing like any human built machines. Not one human machine is made up of a polymer of amino acids. I see no pistons in that supposed machine anywhere while the human version has pistons. I see no oil pump. A human propeller machine does not use a proton pump.

So why do you continue to tell this whopper of a story how cellular proteins are like human machines made out of metal?

So you understand the very obvious confirmation bias.

Upvote 0

Cheeky Monkey

Jun 11, 2013
✟16,348.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There are numerous biological machines in an organism that look exactly like what humans would construct mechanically and those machines could not have been built up in a step wise fashion over millions of years while the organism was still functioning and alive. Not to mention a lot of those machines work together.
Why would an all powerful creator make things the way humans do?

Finely tuned such that 99.9999999% of the universe is hostile to life.

Upvote 0

rjw

Mar 2, 2004
✟1,624.00
Faith
Atheist
There are numerous biological machines in an organism that look exactly like what humans would construct mechanically ....
O.K.

So we mimic nature.

What makes you conclude, that because we mimic nature, then there must be something like us behind nature in order to explain it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.