driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,555.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Of course I do, because science backs it up. Do you accept or reject Science? God has given you science and religion as a witness and a testimony. If you reject BOTH science and religion they you pretty much do not have a leg to stand on.
Nope. Science and religion are both human made.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are many lines of evidence that show our Earth to be much older than 6,000 years of age.

Many people of aware of radiometric dating methods, but few actually have any idea how they work, or how many different radiometric dating methods there really are. Never mind that when the same sample when tested with different isotopes and methods all give the same dates. That just doesn’t happen by chance, it works on well understood physics.

There are also many non-radiometric methods and techniques that also agree with one another and the radiometric methods as well.

I would like to know what methods people here in the CF are familiar with or would like to know more about.
Don't a lot of Christians think the earth is about 6000 yrs or so old because of the bible?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't a lot of Christians think the earth is about 6000 yrs or so old because of the bible?

Sort of. The bible is really detailed on how old people are when they die as well as time differences between certain individuals being born and others dying. It is so detail that actually one could add up all these numbers and it should, assuming the bible to be literally true, add up to the rough age of the earth at the time the bible was finished. Technically, seeing as the bible has complete for over 1000 years, people should really take that I to consideration when adding up for the age.

Upvote 0