Evidence for a Young Earth & that Man lived with Dinosaurs

paloma22

May 2, 2015
✟8,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Must watch 3 min video. I am going to make you click it to see what's its about.
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif

God Bless...

EDIT: The link is a 4 min video about the fossil record and what it says.

https://answersingenesis.org/fossils/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paloma22

May 2, 2015
✟8,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Noah’s Ark. This is what Hollywood wants you to think.

noahs-ark.jpg

But here is a full-sized (137 m / 450 ft) version that was built in Dordrecht, open to the public. “Johan's Ark” is a Noah's Ark-themed mobile structure built by Dutch millionaire contractor and creationist Johan Huibers. She was massive.

1024px-Big_Ark_in_Dordrecht_3.jpg

As we have seen, there is some pretty compelling evidence that it existed in real history (i.e flood stories/legends found all over the world & incredible geologic evidence for a global deluge) and it accomplished exactly what the Bible says it did-saved the remnant of God’s people.

This book: http://www.rae.org/pdf/noah.pdf is a good primer on the actual feasibility of the event. It’s well worth reading for the skeptic.

As is this book: http://www.icr.org/genesis-flood-50th/

This video is pretty amazing as well and worth seeing if you did not know about it. I know there have been many claims over the years that the resting spot of the Ark has been found, but this one is very in intriguing and at the very least, warrants consideration and more investigation. It contains very compelling evidence on several fronts that indeed this could be the spot. Its long and dated but a very rewarding documentary.

In this above video you will see what this is for!

noahs_ark12.jpg

images

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Must watch 3 min video. I am going to make you click it to see what's its about.
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif

God Bless...

https://answersingenesis.org/fossils/
I hate this when someone blows me off and tells me to go look at some online site or video. I am interested in talking to you, not them. Also, I wouldn't trust AIG any further than I could throw it.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Noah’s Ark. This is what Hollywood wants you to think.

noahs-ark.jpg

But here is a full-sized (137 m / 450 ft) version that was built in Dordrecht, open to the public. “Johan's Ark” is a Noah's Ark-themed mobile structure built by Dutch millionaire contractor and creationist Johan Huibers. She was massive.

1024px-Big_Ark_in_Dordrecht_3.jpg

As we have seen, there is some pretty compelling evidence that it existed in real history (i.e flood stories/legends found all over the world & incredible geologic evidence for a global deluge) and it accomplished exactly what the Bible says it did-saved the remnant of God’s people.

This book: http://www.rae.org/pdf/noah.pdf is a good primer on the actual feasibility of the event. It’s well worth reading for the skeptic.

As is this book: http://www.icr.org/genesis-flood-50th/

This video is pretty amazing as well and worth seeing if you did not know about it. I know there have been many claims over the years that the resting spot of the Ark has been found, but this one is very in intriguing and at the very least, warrants consideration and more investigation. It contains very compelling evidence on several fronts that indeed this could be the spot. Its long and dated but a very rewarding documentary.

In this above video you will see what this is for!

noahs_ark12.jpg

images

I'm not impressed. Save it for the old lady in Dubuque, as they used to say.

Upvote 0

paloma22

May 2, 2015
✟8,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not just another boat.

Yes this vessel had “Dinosaurs” onboard, In Noah’s eyes, just a bunch of animals.

God created the "dinosaurs"...

Gen 1:2424Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind”; and it was so. 25God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good.

And he took them on the Ark...

Gen 71Then the LORD said to Noah, “Enter the ark, you and all your household, for you alone I have seen to be righteous before Me in this time. 2You shall take with you of every clean animal by sevens, a male and his female; and of the animals that are not clean two, a male and his female; 3also of the birds of the sky, by sevens, male and female, to keep offspring alive on the face of all the earth. 4“For after seven more days, I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights.

the_ark.jpg

its_size.jpg

Noah Builds the Ark
15"This is how you shall make it: the length of the ark three hundred cubits, its breadth fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits. 16"You shall make a window for the ark, and finish it to a cubit from the top; and set the door of the ark in the side of it; you shall make it with lower, second, and third decks.17"Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish.…

boat.jpg

boat1.jpg

early_flood_records.jpg

chart.jpg

legends.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paloma22

May 2, 2015
✟8,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hate this when someone blows me off and tells me to go look at some online site or video. I am interested in talking to you, not them. Also, I wouldn't trust AIG any further than I could throw it.

I did not mean to blow you off friend...just meant to peak curiosity...the video is about how fossils are created...great short 4 min video.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There is No Such Thing as Dinosaurs.

This might come as a shock for some to hear such words.

It again testifies to the subtle brainwashing that has been thrust upon us all by mainstream “science” and their interpretation of the evidence..

“Dinosaurs” as you might understand them do not exist.

Let me explain.

The creatures that we find fossils of did once exist. This is fact. The thing is however, they are nothing special. (as MSS makes them out) Mainstream science has elevated their status to something unique, because of a forced-long-age interpretation of the data.

Extinct creatures is all they are. Some big, some small, some ugly, some weird. The ones that did not go extinct, main stream science have labelled “living fossils”, the ones that did, are "Dinosaurs".

Seeing these creatures as a special class of creatures is the wrong interpretation of the data. They all started as a created "Kind" ( Gen 1:25) at the beginning, in the Garden with Adam and then later on, departing from the Ark with Noah.

From there, with the change allowance that God had pre-programmed into all creatures, a limited range of change and adaptation within the genes of each species occurred ( =micro-evolution=) depending on several different types of stressors ( i.e environmental, geographical, food availability etc..)

You must reprogram your mind to see the truth.

The Bible is correct in its explanation of human origins and our fallen state. Some creatures have gone completely extinct, such as T-Rex, but some, such as the Coelacanth survived and still lives today!

220px-Latimeria_menadoensis_2000_Indonesia_stamp.jpg

I'm not impressed. Save it for the old lady in Dubuque.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think you stated that quiet nicely Ted, thanks, I concur. Funny your name should be Ted. I just made a friend named Ted on another forum. :)

We assume that what we see happening in the present is the same as in the past. ( ie dust formation) God has the ability, to break into our dimension and alter what "Normally happens".

This happened at Creation with the initial formation of the earth. The dirt, dust - everything. This most likely occured quickly, ( it could have ) yet we know dirts charteristics today, but what were they at Creation? If God can make wine, loaves of bread and fish quicky, why not dirt?

We don't need long time lines of millions of years to makes Genesis work with science.

Science is on our side. Long ages are assumptions (so is young). There is no proof of long ages. There is no proof of short ages either. But if we use deduction and common sense AND the Bible ( Gods revelation to mankind) we can find the truth. You can trust your Bible.

Genesis says it was a brief time scale ( 6 normal days). There is no evidence which disproves this theory. All the evidence nicely fits into a young earth model. When I get a new computer soon, I will post some of the evidence. For now we chat.
Interesting how you as an unqualified lay person have so much more insight and evidence on your side than all these scientists.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Unicorns in the Bible?
unicorn.jpg

http://creationtoday.org/why-does-th...tion-unicorns/

SNIP: >>>If you look up the word “unicorn” in the Webster’s New World Dictionary, it says:
Unicorn – A mythical horselike animal with a single horn growing from its forehead.

This is what most of us think of when we hear the word “unicorn.” We think of a horse with a horn growing from its head. This is how unicorns are depicted in movies, cartoons, paintings, etc.

Now, this is not a real creature. This animal is totally fictitious. None of these are alive today and no scientist has ever found a fossil of one. However, unicorns are mentioned in the King James version of the Bible 9 times, in 5 different books, by at least 5 different authors: by Balaam, Moses, David, Isaiah, and even God himself in the book of Job.

These are the verses that mention unicorns:

Numbers 23:22 “God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn."

Numbers 24:8 “God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.”

Job 39:9 “Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?”

Job 39:10 “Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?”

Psalms 29:6 “He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.”

Psalms 92:10 “But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.”

Deuteronomy 33:17 “His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.”

Psalms 22:21 “Save me from the lion’s mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.”

Isaiah 34:7 “And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.”

Unicorns are not mentioned in any of the modern translations. Only in the King James version are they mentioned. Most of the modern translations say “wild ox.” Some translations even say “buffalo.” <<<

Even more here:

https://answersingenesis.org/extinct...-in-the-bible/

https://answersingenesis.org/mammals...ound-in-italy/

https://answersingenesis.org/media/v...nicorns-bible/ 3 min video

https://answersingenesis.org/extinct...ease-stand-up/

God made many different types of creatures in the world. Some have one horn. Scripture simply describes another amazing creature with one horn, again the Bible proves true!

narwhal_tooth.jpg

narwhal_pod.jpg.adapt.945.1.jpg

Elasmotherium_sibericum-300x198.jpg

There is an extinct species of a giant one-horned rhinoceros called Elasmotherium sibiricum, also known as the Big Horn Rhinoceros. Scientists today often refer to this creature as “The Giant Unicorn.” As a matter of fact, this is the creature that some creation scientists at Answers in Genesis believe may be the unicorn that is mentioned in scripture.2

-one-horned-rhinoceros-gr-016.jpg
AIG is about as far from real science as you can get.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This is really the main issue here, can the Bible be trusted? Yes it can.

So why would God expect it to be an accurate scientific witness? Because He says so, His Word is Truth. (John 17:17, 2Tim.3:16, 1Thes.2:13, 2Pet.1:21, Isa.40:8, Mat.24:35, Jn.10:35b, 1Pet.1:25 )

What good is a Bible if we can't trust what it says?

What does the Bible say that not scientifically correct? Nothing!

It just does not go into major details, but what it does say, it say correctly (when understood correctly)

If God is not powerful enough to supernaturally preserve His instructions and the details for mankind, then He's not much of a God is He? We dont have much to worry about then.;)

If the Bible is not correct on a say a Global flood, what else does it have wrong? Why bother to beleive anyone of it?
There are other kinds of truths than scientific ones, however. It seems much of your thinking falls into either-or thinking. Such either-or thinking is irrational and actually what underlies much neurotic behavior. Either the Bible is all inerrant or all errant and therefore useless. Forget it. Reality is always a shade of grey.
God preserve his instructions? Who says God intended the Bible to be his instruction book? Well, OK, fundamentalist ideology says so. But fundamentalist ideology isn't the only possible interpretation of the Bible. I don't know of any sane, rational people who think we should all live by all the biblical laws. Exod. 21 sanctifies slavery, selling your daughter into slavery, and beating slaves. Now, certainly we don't want to go that route. So I think this "instruction-book" idea is naïve. Save that for the old lady in Dubuque.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paloma22

May 2, 2015
✟8,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Giant legends are found all over the world, fact.
http://www.beforeus.com/email/article/article6_The_Lost_World_of_Giants.html

Why?

The Bible also clearly speaks of Giants as well, so what are we to think? Again, just as with Dinosaur legends and flood legends, we have giant legends. Is there a connection between the global legends and the Bible? Yes!

Great article here: https://answersingenesis.org/bible-c...old-testament/

Snip >>> Conclusion

I do know the Bible clearly teaches that giants existed in the past. Many of them lived in and around the land of Canaan, and Joshua was involved in several battles with them. David and his mighty men killed some Philistine giants. The Egyptians knew about the Anakim and feared them. Finally, cultures from around the world have legends that are often remarkably similar to biblical accounts, including the existence of giants.

The biblical accounts of giants are more than just “tall” tales. These enormous people truly existed, and no amount of scoffing or rationalizing by skeptics will change that fact. <<<

As Christians, this article shows what we should not get suckered into. there is much fake on the internet:

https://answersingenesis.org/creatio...in-the-desert/

David-v-Goliath-Foreshadows-in-the-Bible.jpg

Upvote 0

paloma22

May 2, 2015
✟8,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are other kinds of truths than scientific ones, however. It seems much of your thinking falls into either-or thinking. Such either-or thinking is irrational and actually what underlies much neurotic behavior. Either the Bible is all inerrant or all errant and therefore useless. Forget it. Reality is always a shade of grey.
God preserve his instructions? Who says God intended the Bible to be his instruction book? Well, OK, fundamentalist ideology says so. But fundamentalist ideology isn't the only possible interpretation of the Bible. I don't know of any sane, rational people who think we should all live by all the biblical laws. Exod. 21 sanctifies slavery, selling your daughter into slavery, and beating slaves. Now, certainly we don't want to go that route. So I think this "instruction-book" idea is naïve. Save that for the old lady in Dubuque.

Yes friend, I agree there are many kinds of truth. see post #42

I don't think I am neurotic tho ....;):)

"Neurotic tendencies are common and may manifest themselves as acute or chronic anxiety, depression, an obsessive–compulsive disorder, a phobia, or a personality disorder. Neurosis should not be mistaken for psychosis, which refers to a loss of touch with reality."

Actually, Christians say that the Bible is an "instruction book" of sorts, so does the Bible

16All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. 2 Tim 3:16

Its Tells us why we are where, how we got here, where we after death, how to be with God for eternity, how to avoid being separated from God forever, how to live, what not to do etc... so ya, I would say its safe to say it a "instruction book":)

We are not to be following the old covenant laws as found in the OT, we are in a new covenant. In 70 AD, god destroyed the Synagog of Satan AND the old covenant. Its over, we are in the covenant of GRACE. There were reasons for the OT laws and rituals...

Peace friend!:)

Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Can you specify what you beleive to be a hoax? ... There are many streams of evidence for a young earth amd that man walked with dinosaurs.

I pointed out that hydroplate "theory" is a joke because it violates physics.

There are too many to count in your posts. You seem to just throw tons of hoaxes up without critical review. For instance, the "anchor stones" and the Ica stones. I'll leave all this, and this thread, to your own learning - no time for each of these.

Suffice it to say that I have not seen any "evidence" for man coexisting with dinosaurs that wasn't a hoax, misportrayed, or both.

You are wrong about living fossils dear brother and have fallen for the assumptions of the long agers. They are an amazing evidence for a young earth!
Who are you going to trust God or man?

I've pointed out that I descended from Germans - yet there are still Germans alive today! Are they "living fossils" that show that I must have been created recently and not actually descended from Germans? No, of course not - because there is no reason why a creature living millions of years ago can't have descendants leading to today that look the same - hence all the living fossils don't help your point at all.

Who are you going to trust God or man?

No, it's who's interpretation of God's word will you follow? Unless God is appearing to you, you are following a human's interpretation - which could be yours, someone else's etc.

Anyway, I saw your posts in the main forum, so I'll post there.

In Christ-

Papias

Upvote 0

paloma22

May 2, 2015
✟8,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How does the hydro plate theory violate physics? Its a theory, not necessarily fact. Parts of it could be wrong, that does not negate the entire position tho.

God has the right and ability to violate know laws, I.e walking on water. Creationists don't claims to know it all or have all the answers, but again this does not negate the argument.

Living fossils do add tremendously to the argument. It's all in the assumptions and interpretation of the data. Your welcome to disagree, but if genesis is correct, finding living fossils is exactly what we would expect to see ( and we do):)

There is not much point in god giving us a bible to follow if we cannot interpreted or understand it. It reads quite simply and clearly. If we choose to disagree with what it says, that's another issue. How many ways are there to understand it ? There can only be one true truth to how things actually played out. My money is on what scripture clearly says. Peace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How does hydro plate violate physics? Its a theory, not necessarily fact. Parts of it could be wrong, that does not negate the entire position. God has the right and ability to violate know laws, I.e walking on water. Creationists don't claims to know it all or have all the answers, but again this does not negate the argument. Living fossils do add tremendously to the argument. It's all in the assumptions and interpretation of the data. Your welcome to disagree, but if genesis is correct, finding living fossils is exactly what we would expect to see ( and we do)

There is not much point in god giving us a bible to follow if we cannot interpreted or understand it. It reads quite simply and clearly. If we choose to disagree with what it says, that's another issue. How many ways are there to understand it ? There can only be one true truth to how things actually played out. My money is on what scripture clearly says. Peace.
There are in fact any one of a number of different ways that Christians have and can read the Bible. You are simply going on fundamentalist ideology. OK, if that works for you, use it. However, fundamentalism does not work for all your fellow Christians. Many of us wish to explore much more viable approaches to Scripture .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paloma22

May 2, 2015
✟8,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are in fact any one of a number of different ways that Christians have and can read the Bible. You are simply going on fundamentalist ideology. OK, if that works for you, use it. However, fundamentalism does not work for all your fellow Christians. Many of us wish to explore much more viable approaches to Scripture .

I pointed out that hydroplate "theory" is a joke because it violates physics.

There are too many to count in your posts. You seem to just throw tons of hoaxes up without critical review. For instance, the "anchor stones" and the Ica stones. I'll leave all this, and this thread, to your own learning - no time for each of these.

Suffice it to say that I have not seen any "evidence" for man coexisting with dinosaurs that wasn't a hoax, misportrayed, or both.

I've pointed out that I descended from Germans - yet there are still Germans alive today! Are they "living fossils" that show that I must have been created recently and not actually descended from Germans? No, of course not - because there is no reason why a creature living millions of years ago can't have descendants leading to today that look the same - hence all the living fossils don't help your point at all.

No, it's who's interpretation of God's word will you follow? Unless God is appearing to you, you are following a human's interpretation - which could be yours, someone else's etc.

Anyway, I saw your posts in the main forum, so I'll post there.

In Christ-

Papias

Hi Papias,

There is a difference between a hoax and a different opinion/interpretation. It's one thing to deliberately mislead your brother and quite another to believe something differently than your peer when the deciding vote is an assumption. There is some fantastic evidence on the inca stones and anchor stones.

Blessings

Paloma

Upvote 0

daleksteve

Jun 6, 2015
✟16,732.00
Faith
Salvation Army
8AsMDT/9k=
steg3.jpg

Why would they carve this if they did not see it?

Stegosaurus roamed the earth in the Late Jurassic Period of 150 million years ago. A flintstone version of this dinosaur can be found carved in Ta Phrom Temple’s courtyard, which was built 800 years ago.Stegosauruses were only named and identified in 1877 by a Othniel Charles Marsh after uncovering their remains in Colorado.

**On the video I do not agree with its premise about aliens. The point is the carving**

Not a Stegasaurus. Head is too large for a start. Stegasaurs had small heads. It also appears to have a horn. Spikes are missing from its tail. Most likely a rhino. Have you even concidered that the plates could just be a pattern.

Upvote 0

paloma22

May 2, 2015
✟8,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not a Stegasaurus. Head is too large for a start. Stegasaurs had small heads. It also appears to have a horn. Spikes are missing from its tail. Most likely a rhino. Have you even concidered that the plates could just be a pattern.

Your assessment is a possibility, I will concede that... Artistic representations are frequently not exact as the model..Ive never seen any rhinos or fossil rhinos with large scales such as those on the back. But good ideas! Thanks

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your assessment is a possibility, I will concede that... Artistic representations are frequently not exact as the model..Ive never seen any rhinos or fossil rhinos with large scales such as those on the back. But good ideas! Thanks

Pretty big and long tail for a rhino

Reactions: paloma22
Upvote 0