Eve's Creation (shows God intention of modesty)

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well I was looking at my old Facebook feed and sometimes find old stuff I posted there that might be worth reposting somewhere on the Forum, and thought this might be better received here than other places, unless this place is largely populated by Karaites... in which case I'm in trouble! :)

The Selection of the Rib for Eve's Creation shows God's Intention of modesty as the primary character trait of women.

"....The Rabbis derived the word va-yiven in “And the Lord fashioned [va-yiven] the rib” (Gen. 2:22) from the word hitbonenut: God hitbonen (looked and thought) from which part of the man’s body the woman should be created. He said: I will not create her from the head, so that she will not raise up her head [i.e., be haughty]; not from the eye, so that she will not be curious [desiring to see everything]; not from the ear, so that she will not be an eavesdropper; not from the mouth, so that she will not be talkative; not from the heart, so that she will not be jealous; not from the hand, so that she will not be touching everything; not from the foot, so that she will not be a runabout [going out to the marketplace]; but from the rib, which is a concealed place within man: even when man stands naked, it is concealed. For every part of her that He created He said to her: “Modest woman, modest woman.” (Gen. Rabbah 18:2).

I did see some completely different commentary on this subject from Christian Apologist Hugh Ross who had a completely different take (The rib is the one bone that we regenerate).

Human Ribs: Amazing & Regenerating

GedaliahMaegil

Messianic Ger Toshav - not christian
Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well I was looking at my old Facebook feed and sometimes find old stuff I posted there that might be worth reposting somewhere on the Forum, and thought this might be better received here than other places, unless this place is largely populated by Karaites... in which case I'm in trouble! :)

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0