Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is kind of a strange question,but for months now wherever I drive;walk or work outside,I always see a mourning Dove and that’s not an exaggeration,I literally see a mourning dove everywhere I Go.I know from my studies and my knowledge that the dove is a symbol of the Holy Ghost,my question is,could me seeing doves symbolize the Holy Spirit is with me?,if not watching over me?

note:I realize that relying on signs is not faith motivated,and I don’t rely on signs or symbolism for knowledge of Gods presence,but I can’t help but notice the doves.

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟884,137.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is kind of a strange question,but for months now wherever I drive;walk or work outside,I always see a mourning Dove and that’s not an exaggeration,I literally see a mourning dove everywhere I Go.I know from my studies and my knowledge that the dove is a symbol of the Holy Ghost,my question is,could me seeing doves symbolize the Holy Spirit is with me?,if not watching over me?

note:I realize that relying on signs is not faith motivated,and I don’t rely on signs or symbolism for knowledge of Gods presence,but I can’t help but notice the doves.

Be careful to make too much out of it. Some mental disorders make you be more inclined to see signs. Now I don't know your background, but I too see "signs". If there isn't a really strong evidence it's from God I just shake them off. Btw I'm diagnozed with psychotic disorder.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican

I believe it's a nudge of The Holy Spirit reminding you He is with you. Doves are an important animal especially if The Holy Spirit appeared as one.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In my SW Florida neighborhood I saw pairs of doves up and down the road. On roof tops, in trees, lined up perching on the utility lines. They mate for life. People in my neighborhood like to walk. They watched birds and listened to mockingbird songs in season. Birds watched them, maybe listened to a TV turned up loud.

The dove eats a diet of mainly plant based food. They do not attack like the hawk, owl, osprey, or eagle. They tried to hide their nests and remained motionless incubating their eggs. They do not swoop down on people and animals who venture near their nests. They can not give chase to crows hunting for their eggs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
,I literally see a mourning dove everywhere I

When I change the car, my wife suddenly starts seeing what ever make of car I've bought.
You have seen a dove and see them everywhere.
They are everywhere, it has no significance.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Seems like such a sad view

The almighty Creator, becomes a baby, grows up, teaches us about God, endures a brutal beating then a prolonged death and is resurrected All because he loves you, and me.

What need is there of significance in a dove to know Jesus loves me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
The almighty Creator, becomes a baby, grows up, teaches us about God, endures a brutal beating then a prolonged death and is resurrected All because he loves you, and me.

What need is there of significance in a dove to know Jesus loves me?
The significance is that Jesus sent The Holy Spirit to indwell within His believers when He ascended into Heaven, and The Holy Spirit appeared as a Dove, and so the significance of seeing a dove is a reminder of the amazing thing Jesus did by sending The Advocate to every believer.

I guess my point is this: even if seeing a dove doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it wouldn't have the significance of feeling like Jesus is reminding @Blaise N that The Holy Spirit is with them wherever they go

Upvote 0

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟226,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you have received Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you have the Holy Spirit living in you. You don't need a symbol to know this because Jesus said that it's true.

Doves are everywhere, almost as common as pigeons and crows. Since you see them so often, perhaps you can use your sightings as a reminder and opportunity to thank God for His gift of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Maybe you're being stalked... A fowl thought...

Seriously, though, what you're doing is being superstitious. The Holy Spirit is not using a dove to let you know He's watching over you. The Holy Spirit dwells within you, as close as thought to you, if you're a born-again believer. He let's you know He's within you by "bearing witness with your spirit" that He is within (Romans 8:16) through a transformation of your life. If the Spirit is with you, living in you, your desires will change, conforming to His desires (Philippians 2:13); your thinking will change, aligning with His thinking (John 16:8-13; 1 Corinthians 2:10-13); your life will grow holy, forsaking sin for fellowship with God (Ephesians 5:9), and so on. So, God isn't going to send a dove to follow you around, in order to show you He is with you. He's got a much better, more sure, way of making this clear to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would say so. That’s pretty cool! God’s looking out for you, and reminding you that He loves you, and is there, protecting you.

maxresdefault.jpg

Upvote 0

MikeinSeattle

Looking for believers to pray with. Message me.
Mar 22, 2019
Seattle
✟34,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Are doves commonly habitating in your geographical location? If so this might explain the sightings...

• Friendly
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Are doves commonly habitating in your geographical location? If so this might explain the sightings...
That's similar to saying, "Is The Holy Spirit habitating you wherever you go? If so that might be why you experience His presence everywhere you are"

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I see Doves everyday, in front of my House, theymake Nests inside my Roof, they are everywhere around where i live. If you're reminded about the Holy Spirit any time you see a Dove then you can praise God and thank him for reminding you of the Holy Spirit's presence. There's a difference between being reminded about something and believing in something, take care not to believe that there's anything spiritual about seeing Doves but rejoice that it makes you remember the scripture where the Holy Spirit appeared in form of a Dove. I think Doves are beautiful, gentle creatures

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I see Doves everyday, in front of my House, theymake Nests inside my Roof, they are everywhere around where i live. If you're reminded about the Holy Spirit any time you see a Dove then you can praise God and thank him for reminding you of the Holy Spirit's presence. There's a difference between being reminded about something and believing in something, take care not to believe that there's anything spiritual about seeing Doves but rejoice that it makes you remember the scripture where the Holy Spirit appeared in form of a Dove. I think Doves are beautiful, gentle creatures
God made us both physical and spiritual beings, we should not fully separate what is physical from what is spiritual when both are intertwined and God made them both. Who knows maybe God is reminding them of The Holy Spirit, do not completely dismiss the possibility of that

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think it's wonderful and probably would take it as a sign from God that the Holy Spirit is with you. It's true that we experience God's miracles on the physical plane.

One summer I put two hanging side flower pots on my porch, and one day a dove made one of the flower pots her nest where she laid an egg. So, every morning when I would leave the house, I would see that beautiful dove nesting right by my front door. I didn't realize it right away, but later I believe God revealed to me that the Holy Spirit was with me. I also have a tree that blooms beautiful Rose of Sharons each year. I didn't realize at first, but when I learned that Jesus is referred to as the Rose of Sharon, I was given a revelation that Jesus was always with me. So I do believe that the dove and Rose of Sharon are signs to me, and although I'm suffering persecution, the love and grace of God is with me and will get me through it.

I have gone through difficult times, and the persecution I suffer today, I need God to show me that He is with me due to the harshness of it. With those signs from God, and other signs, my heart gets filled with the Love and Joy of God, and that keeps me going and pursuing God's strength to make it through my persecution and to seek Him.

Upvote 0