temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I understand you are trying to be better. I am not trying to blame you but let you understand why you have not received what you ask. Get it right with God.
that's not possible to me, God doesn't talk in any way I cannot understand
the only option is to read the bible, to see if that gives us illumination

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that's not possible to me, God doesn't talk in any way I cannot understand
the only option is to read the bible, to see if that gives us illumination
If you just read the Bible like any other book, you will not get illumination.

Upvote 0

Pamela_123

Nov 19, 2020
Katy
✟8,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
even if you think you understood some verses in the bible, it happens that you don't feel it applies in your life, the main text I've seen is "ask in my name and you'll receive" i ask intelligence and wisdom and I keep feeling a fool, i don't understand science, math, logic, etc. I ask God for a more potent brain and I don't receive, I have no intellectual capacity...

all this in my experience, it's frustrating

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.
-James 1:5-8

This is a problem many believers face and it really makes us feel frustrated. Whenever we ask God for something we have to come to terms with our true motivations for asking for that something. God knows and sees our heart. Sometimes God will say 'yes', sometimes he'll say 'no', and sometimes he'll say 'wait'. Whatever God's answer may be, his will is and always will be, higher that our own.

Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

• Prayers
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
even if you think you understood some verses in the bible, it happens that you don't feel it applies in your life, the main text I've seen is "ask in my name and you'll receive" i ask intelligence and wisdom and I keep feeling a fool, i don't understand science, math, logic, etc. I ask God for a more potent brain and I don't receive, I have no intellectual capacity...

Please consider this. I’m now a retired engineer who has taught at 2 universities including the department of engineering. I’ve also taught working engineers etc. I am convinced that the biggest hurdle to understanding is self proclaimed in pessimism. Honestly, I stayed abreast of modern physics for many years and what I’ve seen is that the biggest breakthroughs are simple. I strongly believe that if things weren’t simple man could not understand them. Granted, jumping in beyond your level of understanding seems impossible. However, if you go to the place where you are comfortable and start there, things might seem a lot easier. As you build, if you stick with it long enough, perhaps you will see things more easily.

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The bible tells about them who lived at that time, to help us. Our experiences are different. I think you have to search deep down and be sure that you have died to the world. Anything in you that want to move you up in the world is of the world. After that is done, then the Holy Spirit will start to teach you. If you really want the truth, it will hurt. The Holy Spirit teaches indeed. What he set out to do does not come back to him void. He takes you trough it so that you will see your mistake. You will sometimes feel the mistake literally. So if you don't won't to go through that then just stick to forever learning in church.

Upvote 0