temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
GS, I got the impression OP is talking here, about the outcome so far, in regard to the problems experienced & described. (LOG tell me if I got that wrong though).
If the universe is a savoy cabbage, we are up against the crinkles all the time.
Indeed GS, I've seen you are a strong visual thinker yourself.
i'm feeling you are more intelligent than me

Reactions: Longeen
Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i'm feeling you are more intelligent than me
Intelligence is innate in ALL of us. I didn't get to start exploring my specific learning differences till I was in middle age. I have taught myself use of words. Most people find this strange.
Because of the boom years and sloppy church teachings, most of society didn't even care about their own difficulties let alone the next person's.
You are now active in dealing with all this already and that is why God will reward you in it.
If a teacher doesn't happen to help us, we should help each other. Maybe God will put you in touch with web sites / books that explain things nice & vividly. Maybe you can even help the next person then.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
even if you think you understood some verses in the bible, it happens that you don't feel it applies in your life, the main text I've seen is "ask in my name and you'll receive" i ask intelligence and wisdom and I keep feeling a fool, i don't understand science, math, logic, etc. I ask God for a more potent brain and I don't receive, I have no intellectual capacity...

all this in my experience, it's frustrating
“For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise: and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty. And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are, that no flesh should glory in his presence.” 1 Corinthians 1:26–29 (NCPB)

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
even if you think you understood some verses in the bible, it happens that you don't feel it applies in your life, the main text I've seen is "ask in my name and you'll receive" i ask intelligence and wisdom and I keep feeling a fool, i don't understand science, math, logic, etc. I ask God for a more potent brain and I don't receive, I have no intellectual capacity...

Wisdom of the world is foolishness to God. Beauty is found in simplicity, the true path.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Please consider this powerful Truth. Christ must open all of the eyes and ears of His Brothers and Sisters. When you are illuminated, many things that you currently understand will be altered. Please find the Ancient Greek definition for apocalypse.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

TexFire316

Come as a child, with no agenda
Jan 31, 2017
Conroe, Texas
Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[QUOTE="lambofgod43985889, post: 75332669, member: 410964I ask God for a more potent brain and I don't receive, I have no intellectual capacity...

all this in my experience, it's frustrating[/QUOTE]

Based upon your photo, you are still young. I recall hearing a phrase, "gimme patience, and give it NOW!". The things of God comes in time, but His time.
We ask for and search after knowledge, and we can gleen it while still young.
Somewhere along life's path, we learn to ask our Creator for discernment of that knowledge, so that we can seperate what is true, from what is false, so that we can know what is from our Creator, and what is from laws and doctrines of men. And so that we can know what applies today, from what will apply tomorrow.
Then, somwhere around midlife, God teaches us to ask for Wisdom, He then starts giving it to us. Such as King Solomon, and cutting that baby in half for each woman that claimed the son as their own. But we won't get the Wisdom until we are ready for it.
Finally, when we are getting old and grey, We learn to ask God for the Understanding of all of these things, Knowledge, discernment, and Wisdom. And God begins to give it to us, but, only if and when we are ready. Then it all begins to fall into place in our minds and hearts.
There is a reason why the Father tells young people to respect old men, and listen to them. But young people have to be wise enough to know whether or not those old men have been and still are seeking the things of God. Not church stuff, the true things of God. The men that seek after church stuff have their own agenda. The old men that have learned to seek only after the righteousness of God, fear God and know that He is watching, and will properly guide you.

Good luck to you, and may the Father of peace, be with you.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,738.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Someone can be intelligent and wise without understanding Maths and science - in fact I would not say that these are the definition of intelligence. I know people who are academically brilliant, yet have very little common sense, insight or people skills.

Maybe God hasn't gifted you in the area of science or maths. Maybe you're not an academic person at all - lots of us aren't.
The question is, what HAS he given you, and are you using/doing that, or spending your time running after something that is out of your reach?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I asked for those things and some would disagree, Lol, but I feel I got them. Then again some of us may already be prone to have some degree of wisdom, so that only confuses the issue for you.

I honestly am not sure what to tell you. To me anyway, and from what the bible says, you should expect positive results to your prayers on that.

It ain't much but all I can recommend is you keep trying, keep praying on the matter, and sometimes these things take time. Stay humble,and in Gods will, something you seem to be already doing, but I'm just making sure.

How long have you been addressing God on this issue?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,738.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
why if it is something god is willing to give in big amounts only asking, like Solomon

God made Solomon king.
Scripture says that Solomon pleased the Lord by keeping his laws and statutes, as David had, and said to him "ask me for whatever you want".
Solomon decided to ask for wisdom so that he could do the job to which God had appointed him (that, itself, was a wise thing to ask for).

It seems that Solomon was called by God, and asked for something that was in line with God's will.
Similarly, when Jesus said, "ask anything in my name", he didn't mean that we could say "I want a Rolls Royce - in Jesus' name". He means that if we ask anything according to his will, with his authority.

So if God told you that he was going to give you abilities in science etc, you could ask him and you would receive them - because he had already promised them to you.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

it happens that you don't feel it applies in your life

I believe we learn from all of it ... and that all of it applies to our life. The historical serve as examples from those who lived before us (good & bad examples) ... the present (knowing the love of the Lord and all about Jesus, help from His Holy Spirit) ... and the prophetic (warnings about things to come & hope for the future through salvation and when He returns to end this mess)

"ask in my name and you'll receive"

Humbly and prayerfully ask in the will of God and in Jesus name. Ask for wisdom.

INTELLIGENCE VS WISDOM

There is a big difference between intelligence and wisdom. There are many intelligent people who are utterly devoid of wisdom and many wise men and women who didn’t fare well on the SATs (ie intelligence). Wisdom is described in the Bible as the skill of living life as God intended. It is not just the ability to “think well” but rather to “thoughtfully act” in a way that is good and godly.

Our wisdom is tested everyday, not with exams that evaluate our mental dexterity, but with the options we face regarding our behavior, values and conversation. The Bible asks, “Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom” (James 3:13). It is admirable to strive to increase your intelligence, but it is far more important to make progress in acquiring wisdom.

Solomon exhorted us to “Get wisdom… though it costs you all you have” because “wisdom is supreme” (Proverbs 4:7). It begins with a right perspective of God (Proverbs 9:10) and is increased by time in God’s word (Psalms 119:99).

Wisdom ... let’s all seek more of it, for God loves to grant it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You will receive, but in time, and on God's time. Abraham likely wanted a son, and did not get one till very late, when they thought it is impossible (and in between he tried his own way to do that, look what happens).

And God knows when it is the best time to give you those, for both you and for the benefit of all believers. A lot of times when people got smart at the wrong time, those smartness just cause trouble instead.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I feel for you there. I was TERRIBLE in math as a child but I loved science. I had no trouble whatsoever understanding the concepts but putting numbers to them put me in a tailspin. I bought a calculator ! It does the numbers for me . I’d advise you to do what I did . Get one of those calculators with 100 functions and play with it. I finally understood logarithms and how they’re related to exponents by doing that.

as far as science, the basic premise of science is that it’s a process. You get an idea ( yes you can pull it out of your butt) and you look for evidence that supports it . Then you look for evidence that refutes it. If you don’t do both you’re just spinning your wheels (confirmation bias) .

Idea - the moon is made of green cheese

Info that supports that - none

Did you confirm that there was no supporting evidence ? - yes , we’ve been there and there was no cheese

Does any info refute the cheese moon? - Yes, we found that the moon is rocky

of course you can add even more details to that by examining more rocks, doing sonic tests , drilling into the moon etc.

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

George Antonios

Aug 25, 2020
Quebec
✟15,255.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

For the record, the very fact that you're honest/humble enough to perceive that is evidence of wisdom right there.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,015.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Maybe the problem exists in a surrender to God's Holy Spirit. All gifts come through God's Spirit but many people really don't grasp that which lives within them. Letting go and allowing that Spirit to fully guide us unlocks God's gifts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Scripture in no wise teaches that we can get everything we want by praying a magic prayer. No amount of prayer will make me a professional hockey player, a doctor or a skilled chef. I simply don't have those talents or abilities, at my age I must resign myself to the reality about myself. Furthermore, God does answer prayer but not necessarily in the way we might imagine or in the time frame we might imagine. We may pray for wisdom but not recognize wisdom he has given us until some particular event takes place.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is true...whatsoever ye ask in His name, He will give it to you. The word is true....If you find that things arent working as you think they should...know that the issue is with the application, and not the source.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Christ spoke, taught, here on Earth, Words He intended his followers hear, and follow.

So, if you pray for understanding with faith -- believing it will be given -- that's very good, and then the immediate next step is to read in the gospels His Words He said for you to listen to with ears that really hear.

If you truly listen, you will learn, and each time you read a gospel this way, you will learn more. Even the 3rd or 4th time!

(I did read your OP fully, and I do know you also wanted understanding of mere math, science and such.... But if you pray for real understanding that matters, that first and foremost will be to better understand scripture. First things first.
But you can, after you are doing the first things first, also then pray for simply to learn well, when you work/study. There is a daily prayer for you to pray though -- first things first -- in Matthew chapter 6)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟901,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God has equiped you per His will. Let it go and be thankful for what you have. Be blessed.

Upvote 0