• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured everything that is written in the bible is true, but

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by lambofgod43985889, Sep 12, 2020.

1. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Well-Known Member Supporter

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    even if you think you understood some verses in the bible, it happens that you don't feel it applies in your life, the main text I've seen is "ask in my name and you'll receive" i ask intelligence and wisdom and I keep feeling a fool, i don't understand science, math, logic, etc. I ask God for a more potent brain and I don't receive, I have no intellectual capacity...

all this in my experience, it's frustrating

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+4,502
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Why don't you ask for direction, instead...?

3. Goodhuman

Goodhuman Active Member

+186
    Croatia
    Christian
    Single
    It cost much effort to become wise.

4. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    why if it is something god is willing to give in big amounts only asking, like Solomon

you're right, but I need intelligence, he covers our needs, and that's my need now

5. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+4,502
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    What if you are pursuing a goal that isn't suited to you, when God has a better-fitting plan for you somewhere else?

It may not be that you lack intelligence, but rather that your flavor of intelligence is meant for a different field. Also, see the PM that I will send you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    mm you convinced me, but for now i am trapped in what i don't want

7. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+8,307
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    God gives all of us what He knows is best for us. Sometimes we ask for the wrong things. But, we have to ask. God is listening.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  8. mlepfitjw

mlepfitjw May you be blessed!

+1,074
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Depending what you are searching for, you can ask and receive in the Lord Jesus Christ name, though not everything is going to be just handed over to you.

Unsure of your life situation or what you are doing in life, other than you may be seeking for truth.

In life some things take effort on our own part too, and God sees us all, and sees all the secrets of our hearts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    i have battled a lot for a better life, thanks for your answer, you are right.

10. Gottservant

Gottservant God loves your words, may men love them also Supporter

+457
    Messianic
    Nothing happens, without you having to grow in character.

If you think "being intelligent, will cause me to grow in character": sooner or later, God is going to grant it to you.

On the other hand, if God wants you to be emotionally intelligent, which causes you to grow a lot in character - God is going to wait for you to see the point of that.

11. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    thank you for your answer, I have made much effort to purify sanctify myself, etc, but even so, what is written doesn't apply in my life

12. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,669
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Have you considered that God may not want you to be overly intelligent?
    Luke 10:21
    "At that time Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and declared, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was well-pleasing in Your sight."

Intellectuals often struggle with faith. The gospel is way too simple for complicated people who have to logic everything out. I speak from experience. It took me way too long just to accept God's word as it is and not try to understand everything. Who can understand God anyway? Not me! My IQ was sufficient to gain entry to the military as an Electronics Technician. Fine. It was, if anything, a hindrance to my Christian walk!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  13. Gottservant

+457
    Messianic
    I can't substantiate the idea that "the written does not apply".

The point is, when the Holy Spirit helps you look back on your life, He doesn't do so to show you flaws - He does so to show you strengths.

God does not deny His Children anything, that is good for them - however the Bible does say "you may have to be persistent".

Sorry, if that doesn't help - but of all the things I have received from God, never once has He changed His mind (about what He has given me (selah))

14. Gottservant

+457
    Messianic
    True word!

It takes a brave man to admit, he may never have had faith, if he had ever been more intelligent!

There is a point at which we all would have abandoned God, if He had simply given whatever we thought was enough!!

15. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    hey, i have faith enough

16. Amittai

Amittai monitor evaluator

+430
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    LOG, I advise you to think visually and spatially.
    Some teaching materials and methods don't help us handle what this and that thing IS. (From the age of 15 onwards teachers wanted to knee jerk me into following a nonsensical series of meaningless manoeuvres because they wouldn't talk about what the issues are REALLY about.)
    Most churches told church members not to use their minds (this is criminal).
    Most churches reify (they say the word is the thing) and nominalise (they say there are no classes or that members of a class aren't unique) and the world has copied them.
    Your imagination is the laboratory ontop of your shoulders.
    Language alludes and is metaphorical and the metaphors and allusions themselves, allude and are metaphorical, in infinite layers.
    I have had to fight my way through these issues and now I want to help others do the same. I want to be the answer to prayers others didn't even know they were praying.

In logic I recommend Straight And Crooked Thinking by Robert H Thouless, expanded edition 1953.

In maths I'm exploring currently and shall try and update the forum.

Please raise every query you have in maths & logic in the forum AND PM me in case I miss it.

I praise your determination to share your potential with humanity.

17. Amittai

Amittai monitor evaluator

+430
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    GS, I got the impression OP is talking here, about the outcome so far, in regard to the problems experienced & described. (LOG tell me if I got that wrong though).
    If the universe is a savoy cabbage, we are up against the crinkles all the time.
    Indeed GS, I've seen you are a strong visual thinker yourself.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  18. Gottservant

+457
    Messianic
    Aren't you saying that ('enough') is for God, to decide?

If you want something from God, you can't easily and lightly bargain on the basis of the greatness of the size of your own faith (not in principle).

Remember, you might end up tempting people who envy the intelligence God gave you - God can't allow that either!

19. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    i don't agree with you

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  20. lambofgod43985889