temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
even if you think you understood some verses in the bible, it happens that you don't feel it applies in your life, the main text I've seen is "ask in my name and you'll receive" i ask intelligence and wisdom and I keep feeling a fool, i don't understand science, math, logic, etc. I ask God for a more potent brain and I don't receive, I have no intellectual capacity...

all this in my experience, it's frustrating

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: Longeen
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
you're right, but I need intelligence, he covers our needs, and that's my need now
What if you are pursuing a goal that isn't suited to you, when God has a better-fitting plan for you somewhere else?

It may not be that you lack intelligence, but rather that your flavor of intelligence is meant for a different field. Also, see the PM that I will send you.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
What if you are pursuing a goal that isn't suited to you, when God has a better-fitting plan for you somewhere else?

It may not be that you lack intelligence, but rather that your flavor of intelligence is meant for a different field. Also, see the PM that I will send you.
mm you convinced me, but for now i am trapped in what i don't want

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Depending what you are searching for, you can ask and receive in the Lord Jesus Christ name, though not everything is going to be just handed over to you.

Unsure of your life situation or what you are doing in life, other than you may be seeking for truth.

In life some things take effort on our own part too, and God sees us all, and sees all the secrets of our hearts.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Depending what you are searching for, you can ask and receive in the Lord Jesus Christ name, though not everything is going to be just handed over to you.

Unsure of your life situation or what you are doing in life, other than you may be seeking for truth.

In life some things take effort on our own part too, and God sees us all, and sees all the secrets of our hearts.
i have battled a lot for a better life, thanks for your answer, you are right.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Nothing happens, without you having to grow in character.

If you think "being intelligent, will cause me to grow in character": sooner or later, God is going to grant it to you.

On the other hand, if God wants you to be emotionally intelligent, which causes you to grow a lot in character - God is going to wait for you to see the point of that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Nothing happens, without you having to grow in character.

If you think "being intelligent, will cause me to grow in character": sooner or later, God is going to grant it to you.

On the other hand, if God wants you to be emotionally intelligent, which causes you to grow a lot in character - God is going to wait for you to see the point of that.
thank you for your answer, I have made much effort to purify sanctify myself, etc, but even so, what is written doesn't apply in my life

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
even if you think you understood some verses in the bible, it happens that you don't feel it applies in your life, the main text I've seen is "ask in my name and you'll receive" i ask intelligence and wisdom and I keep feeling a fool, i don't understand science, math, logic, etc. I ask God for a more potent brain and I don't receive, I have no intellectual capacity...

all this in my experience, it's frustrating
Have you considered that God may not want you to be overly intelligent?
Luke 10:21
"At that time Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and declared, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was well-pleasing in Your sight."

Intellectuals often struggle with faith. The gospel is way too simple for complicated people who have to logic everything out. I speak from experience. It took me way too long just to accept God's word as it is and not try to understand everything. Who can understand God anyway? Not me! My IQ was sufficient to gain entry to the military as an Electronics Technician. Fine. It was, if anything, a hindrance to my Christian walk!

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
thank you for your answer, I have made much effort to purify sanctify myself, etc, but even so, what is written doesn't apply in my life

I can't substantiate the idea that "the written does not apply".

The point is, when the Holy Spirit helps you look back on your life, He doesn't do so to show you flaws - He does so to show you strengths.

God does not deny His Children anything, that is good for them - however the Bible does say "you may have to be persistent".

Sorry, if that doesn't help - but of all the things I have received from God, never once has He changed His mind (about what He has given me (selah))

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Have you considered that God may not want you to be overly intelligent?
Luke 10:21
"At that time Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and declared, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was well-pleasing in Your sight."

Intellectuals often struggle with faith. The gospel is way too simple for complicated people who have to logic everything out. I speak from experience. It took me way too long just to accept God's word as it is and not try to understand everything. Who can understand God anyway? Not me! My IQ was sufficient to gain entry to the military as an Electronics Technician. Fine. It was, if anything, a hindrance to my Christian walk!

True word!

It takes a brave man to admit, he may never have had faith, if he had ever been more intelligent!

There is a point at which we all would have abandoned God, if He had simply given whatever we thought was enough!!

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
True word!

It takes a brave man to admit, he may never have had faith, if he had ever been more intelligent!

There is a point at which we all would have abandoned God, if He had simply given whatever we thought was enough!!
hey, i have faith enough

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i don't understand science, math, logic, etc.
LOG, I advise you to think visually and spatially.
Some teaching materials and methods don't help us handle what this and that thing IS. (From the age of 15 onwards teachers wanted to knee jerk me into following a nonsensical series of meaningless manoeuvres because they wouldn't talk about what the issues are REALLY about.)
Most churches told church members not to use their minds (this is criminal).
Most churches reify (they say the word is the thing) and nominalise (they say there are no classes or that members of a class aren't unique) and the world has copied them.
Your imagination is the laboratory ontop of your shoulders.
Language alludes and is metaphorical and the metaphors and allusions themselves, allude and are metaphorical, in infinite layers.
I have had to fight my way through these issues and now I want to help others do the same. I want to be the answer to prayers others didn't even know they were praying.

In logic I recommend Straight And Crooked Thinking by Robert H Thouless, expanded edition 1953.

In maths I'm exploring currently and shall try and update the forum.

Please raise every query you have in maths & logic in the forum AND PM me in case I miss it.

I praise your determination to share your potential with humanity.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"the written does not apply"
GS, I got the impression OP is talking here, about the outcome so far, in regard to the problems experienced & described. (LOG tell me if I got that wrong though).
If the universe is a savoy cabbage, we are up against the crinkles all the time.
Indeed GS, I've seen you are a strong visual thinker yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
hey, i have faith enough

Aren't you saying that ('enough') is for God, to decide?

If you want something from God, you can't easily and lightly bargain on the basis of the greatness of the size of your own faith (not in principle).

Remember, you might end up tempting people who envy the intelligence God gave you - God can't allow that either!

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Aren't you saying that ('enough') is for God, to decide?

If you want something from God, you can't easily and lightly bargain on the basis of the greatness of the size of your own faith (not in principle).

Remember, you might end up tempting people who envy the intelligence God gave you - God can't allow that either!
i don't agree with you

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
LOG, I advise you to think visually and spatially.
Some teaching materials and methods don't help us handle what this and that thing IS. (From the age of 15 onwards teachers wanted to knee jerk me into following a nonsensical series of meaningless manoeuvres because they wouldn't talk about what the issues are REALLY about.)
Most churches told church members not to use their minds (this is criminal).
Most churches reify (they say the word is the thing) and nominalise (they say there are no classes or that members of a class aren't unique) and the world has copied them.
Your imagination is the laboratory ontop of your shoulders.
Language alludes and is metaphorical and the metaphors and allusions themselves, allude and are metaphorical, in infinite layers.
I have had to fight my way through these issues and now I want to help others do the same. I want to be the answer to prayers others didn't even know they were praying.

In logic I recommend Straight And Crooked Thinking by Robert H Thouless, expanded edition 1953.

In maths I'm exploring currently and shall try and update the forum.

Please raise every query you have in maths & logic in the forum AND PM me in case I miss it.

I praise your determination to share your potential with humanity.
thank you very much

Upvote 0