Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 Now about the Return of our Lord Jesus Christ, when He is to gather us to Himself: I beg you, my friends, do not suddenly allow yourselves to be fooled by wrong teaching, or become alarmed by any so called prophetic utterance, alleging that the great Day of His Return has already come.

Let no one deceive you in any way, for that Day cannot come before the final rebellion against God, when evil will be revealed in human form by the man doomed to destruction. He is the adversary who promotes himself above every so-called god or object of worship and even enthrones himself in God’s Temple, claiming to be God. But the restraining power of the Holy Spirit ensures that he will be revealed only at the appointed time, because already the secret forces of wickedness are at work, secret only for now until the restraining Hand is removed. Then he will be exposed, the great deceiver of the ages, the one who the Lord Jesus will destroy with the breath of His mouth and annihilate by the radiance of His presence.

This appearance of the wicked one is the work of Satan, it will be attended by all the powerful signs and miracles that falsehood can devise, all the deception that sinfulness can impose onto those doomed to destruction. All those people who refused to open their minds to the truth and so find salvation. Because they did not love truth or seek salvation, God has put them under a compelling delusion, which makes them believe what is false. Therefore, all who refuse to believe the truth, but have made sinfulness their choice will be brought to judgement. Ref: REB. Some verses abridged.

The Return of Jesus’, The Return in glory, to commence His Millennium reign. Matthew 24:30, Revelation 19:11

That Day cannot come…’ The Return will not come until all the happenings prophesied to occur before that Day are fulfilled. Such as the Seal, Trumpet and Bowl punishments of Revelation, commencing in our time with the next event of a terrible fire judgement; the Sixth Seal. Isaiah 66:15-16, Zephaniah 3:8

The Adversary’, - That is: Satan, he empowers the Anti-Christ, who will be the leader of the forthcoming One World Government. He makes a peace treaty with New Israel, [Beulah – Isaiah 62:1-5] as those who gather in the holy Land will not be part of that worldwide government. Daniel 9:27

God’s Temple’, The Third Temple, to be built by the new inhabitants of Jerusalem. Zechariah 6:15 It will be ‘a Temple of greater splendor than Solomon’s’. Haggai 2:9, Ezekiel 43:4

‘a compelling delusion’, Romans 11:8. ‘Eyes that look, but cannot see – ears that hear, but cannot listen’, Deuteronomy 29:4, Matthew 13:14 This applies to those who ‘confuse themselves’, Isaiah 29:9-10, ‘you will stay confused’. That is: by believing false teachings, such as the pre tribulation rapture. Jeremiah 29:8-9, Zechariah 13:2

Brought to Judgement’, There are three judgements: Next: the judgement/ punishment of the nations. Then: at the Return, the destruction of Anti-Christ’s army and the separation of the ‘sheep and the goats’. After 1000 years comes the final Judgement of all peoples at the Great White Throne. Revelation 20:11-14

grafted branch

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All those people who refused to open their minds to the truth and so find salvation. Because they did not love truth or seek salvation, God has put them under a compelling delusion, which makes them believe what is false. Therefore, all who refuse to believe the truth, but have made sinfulness their choice will be brought to judgement. Ref: REB. Some verses abridged.

I personally see problems and issues with all the end time views. I’m not completely convinced of any one view because none of them completely match what I think the bible says. I have to admit many areas of Daniel and Revelation are difficult and can have numerous interpretations, and I’m still unsure about some of the verses.

Clearly not everyone on this forum has the truth based on the different views they have. Premil, amil, preterits, etc. can’t all be true at the same time. However I think most everyone here does loves the truth and we debate the different views because we want others to see the truth. I don’t know if there are two Christians anywhere that completely believe and understand every single verse in the exact same way.

Only one understanding or view can be 100% completely correct. I don’t think the bible is saying that anyone who doesn’t hold that view has refused to believe the truth.

Can you give an explanation of what “refuse to believe the truth” is?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Only one understanding or view can be 100% completely correct. I don’t think the bible is saying that anyone who doesn’t hold that view has refused to believe the truth.

Can you give an explanation of what “refuse to believe the truth” is?
No one can claim to know it all. We simply cannot comprehend the scope and extent of God's Plans for mankind.
Regarding soon to happen events, dramatic things, clearly prophesied; Paul tells us that what happened to the ancient Israelites was symbolic and warnings to us; upon whom the end of the age has [is] come. 1 Corinthians 19:6-13

those who refuse to believe the truth..... The sad fact is that very many good Christians have been fooled by teachings that are not Biblical. There is preterism; believing that everything has been fulfilled.
But the most prevalent wrong belief is the 'rapture to heaven' of all Christians before any tribulation. This idea is not found in the Bible, we are plainly told we must endure until the end. Revelation 13:10, Matthew 24:13
Many on this forum and millions in the world hold to the 'rapture' belief and refuse to believe the truth when it is presented to them. There are several reasons for this intransigent attitude, but it does seem that God wants people to be tested during the forthcoming dramatic end times events.

This prayer is an addition to the Greek version of the Book of Daniel. It is inserted in chapter 3 between verses 23 and 24.
Azariah, the Hebrew name of Shadrach, with his friends, Meshach and Abednego, were thrown into the fiery furnace because they refused to bow down to Nebuchadnezzar’s golden image.

The prayer of Azariah:
They walked in the midst of the fire, praising God. Azariah stood among the flames and began to pray aloud: Blessed are You and worthy of praise, Y’hovah, the God of our fathers, Your Name is glorious forever. Just is the sentence in all that You have brought on Your people and upon Jerusalem, the holy city of our ancestors, true and just is the sentence You have passed on us because of our sins. We had broken Your Laws in rebellion, we did not heed Your Commandments, we failed to do what You had given us for our own good. Now You have handed us over to our enemies, those wicked peoples and so we are reduced to silence, shame and disgrace has befallen Your people.

For the sake of Your honor do not abandon us forever, do not annul Your Covenant. Do not withdraw Your mercy from us, for the sake of Abraham; Your friend, for the sake of Isaac; Your servant and for Israel; Your holy one. You promised them that their descendants would be as numerous as sand on the seashore. Yet, Lord, we are all now in exile, for our sins we are brought low. Now we have no ruler, no prophet, there is no place we can make offerings to obtain mercy. But because we come with a contrite heart and a humbled spirit, may we be accepted? As though we come with thousands of whole offerings, let this sacrifice be made before You this Day: that we will obey You in everything, for no shame will come to those who put their trust in You. We will now follow You with our whole heart and in fear seek Your Presence. Do not put us to shame, but deal with us in Your forbearance and great mercy. Y’hovah, Creator of all things, deliver us and let Your Name be glorified.

May all who harm Your servants be brought low, let them be stripped of all power and sovereignty and may their strength be crushed. Let them know that You alone are the Lord God, glorious over all the earth.

The three friends said to King Nebuchadnezzar:
Daniel 3:17 If there is a God who is able to save us from the blazing furnace; it is our God, whom we serve, He will deliver us.

Now, as we near the end of the decreed exile of the House of Israel, the Lord will once again take action in His creation, with the many prophesied judgement of fire, that will destroy His enemies. But to those who call on His Name, who have a contrite heart and a humble spirit, those who put their trust in God, then when the terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath strikes the earth with ‘blazing heat and consuming fire’, then this prayer would be one to pray with fervent sincerity.
Zephaniah 2:3, Isaiah 43:1-4, 1 Peter 1:5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Everything must be fulfilled

Is there any sizable segment of Christianity who believe otherwise?

While I'm here, you seem to present the most straightforward, logical, explanations that I've seen in this forum so far. How would you describe your Eschatological views?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
While I'm here, you seem to present the most straightforward, logical, explanations that I've seen in this forum so far. How would you describe your Eschatological views?
Thank you.
The problem arises when those straight forward, logical and scripturally correct posts, clash with the beliefs taught to and gripped by people who want God to do things for them that even Captain Kirk hasn't thought of.
It is distressing for them to find they have no real scriptural basis for those beliefs, so I either get put on ignore or they resort to personal attacks.

My view on what God has planned for the world and His faithful people, in these end times, is just what all the prophets have said will happen. Revelation gives the correct sequence, with some parts in parenthesis to fill in more details. But the Seals, Trumpets and Bowls are separate events, culminating in the Return of Jesus, then the Millennium and finally; Eternity.

Check out my website; logostelos.info

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Zechariah 9:14-17 The Lord will appear over them [His faithful Christian people] He will protect them and they will prevail against their enemies. On that day, their God will save them, for they are His precious flock. 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10 WE Christians are His precious flock. John 10:1-27

Joel 3:1-2 When that time comes, on that Day, when I reverse the fortunes of My people – I shall judge the nations, for they have scattered Israel, My own people and shared out My Land.

Isaiah 30:26-28 On the Day the Lord heals His people, the sun will shine with seven times its normal brightness [strength] and the moon will be as bright as the sun. Then the Lord will sieve the nations for destruction.

Isaiah 31:4-5 The Lord will come to Mount Zion, like a hovering bird, He will shield and protect Jerusalem, sparing and rescuing her.

Isaiah 25:9 On that Day the people will say: See, this is our God, we have waited for Him and He will deliver us. Let us rejoice and exult in His deliverance.

Ezekiel 28:24-25 No longer will the Israelites suffer the scorn of their neighbors. Jeremiah 12:14-16
The Lord says: When I gather the Israelites from the peoples amongst whom they are dispersed, I shall show My Holiness in them for all the nations to see. They will live on their own soil, that I had given to My servant, Jacob.

All the descendants of Jacob, actual or by faith. Galatians 3:26-29 & 6:14-16
ALL those grafted into the Olive Tree of Jesus. Romans 11:13-24

Jeremiah 33:6-8 Now I shall bring healing and care for Judah and Israel, they will see lasting peace and security. I shall cleanse them of all their sins that they committed in rebellion against Me.

Nahum 1:15 There on the mountains is the one who proclaims the good news. Fulfil your vows, Judah, never again will the wicked overrun you. They are totally destroyed.

Psalm 50:1-6 The Lord has spoken and summoned all of His people in the world for judgement. Gather to Me, My loyal servants, all who by sacrifice have made a covenant with Me.

Isaiah 65:9 I shall give descendants to Jacob [all Israel] and to Judah, heirs who will possess My Land. My chosen ones will inherit it and those who serve Me will live there. John 15:14-19
Ref: REB, NIV,KJV. Verses abridged

These verses say how the Lord will act “on the Day He saves His people”. This must all occur more than seven years before the Return of Jesus, before the rise of the AC. and the Great Tribulation.

Zechariah says: how both Judah: the Jews, and Israel: all the Christian peoples, will prevail over their enemies. They will be protected, for they are Hisprecious flock”.

Joel says: The Lord will judge the nations for their past actions against Israel.

Isaiah says: There will be a C.M.E. event. [Coronal Mass Ejection – from the sun] The Lord will protect Zion – like a hovering bird. His faithful people will rejoice. Isaiah 32:15-20
But: the ones who trust in their own strength and do not look to their Maker; will die. Isaiah 22:1-14

Ezekiel says: The neighbours of Israel will be judged and punished. After that, His people, righteous Israel, will gather and settle in the Land. They will be a “light to the nations”.

Jeremiah says: Judah and Israel will be cleansed of their sins and will join together to live in peace and security in the Land.

Nahum says: The Lord will take vengeance on His enemies…His rage is poured out like fire.

Malachi says: Elijah will proclaim the good news. Keep faithful and the Lord will protect His people. Isaiah says: My chosen people will inherit the Land.

Psalms 50: The Lord will gather His loyal servants.

Paul says: Acts 26:6-7 This is the hope, based on the Promise made to our forefathers.... the 12 tribes, [all of the people of God] pray fervently to see that fulfilment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0