May 3, 2015
✟9,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've been with my wife of 23 years since I was 17 years old. A junior in high school. I recently had to go out of town for an extended period of time, and just learned that my wife likes the freedom of not having to answer to anyone and things along those lines. We have 6 kids, 5 still at home. I'm trying to convince her not to give up on us, but she will not hear me. I don't know what to do. I am angry with myself for not being a better husband, and I do recognize that in some ways I was not a good husband. I am angry at God for not hearing my prayers for reconciliation. I am hurting at the deepest part of myself. I feel like life is over. I'm not suicidal, that's not what I mean. I just feel dead inside.

Jun 14, 2015
✟7,756.00
Marital Status
Married
I can't know the specifics of your situation beyond what you've said, but it sounds a bit similar to a crisis I went through with my wife some years ago. No question in my case that it was due to my own negligence as a husband and father. Anyway, I know first-hand what an extremely stressful and difficult situation this is.

The most urgent advice I'd like to give you is to not now or ever be angry at God or think that he has not heard your prayers. Consider asking his forgiveness for your feelings about that. Instead of giving up hope, keep your heart and mind open to him and listen. I'll pray with you.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I've been with my wife of 23 years since I was 17 years old. A junior in high school. I recently had to go out of town for an extended period of time, and just learned that my wife likes the freedom of not having to answer to anyone and things along those lines. We have 6 kids, 5 still at home. I'm trying to convince her not to give up on us, but she will not hear me. I don't know what to do. I am angry with myself for not being a better husband, and I do recognize that in some ways I was not a good husband. I am angry at God for not hearing my prayers for reconciliation. I am hurting at the deepest part of myself. I feel like life is over. I'm not suicidal, that's not what I mean. I just feel dead inside.

Give your wife some time, and try to be kind to her and to yourself. If she needs freedom for a time, then show her that you can do this. She may learn to miss you more if you show consideration; I hope so.

Meanwhile, you are still a father, whatever happens. Focus on doing that as well as you can, for now.

Lord, have mercy.

Upvote 0

suzeequeue

redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
Oct 5, 2006
U.S. Midwest
✟15,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
from Ephesians 3

14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

stay in Christ, brother. i stand in prayer with you for restoration of your marriage. thank you, Lord Jesus :prayer:

Reactions: eleyah
Upvote 0