Singapore
✟13,224.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

In 2 Peter 3:9, it is concerning the second coming of the Lord. Many people interpret it as the Lord is delaying his coming in order to allow sinners to come to repentance. However this interpretation does not make sense because babies are born and many reached the age of accountability every day. If the Lord comes at any day and time, there will still be people who has not come to repentance. And if the Lord want to give everyone a chance to repent, then his second coming will be delay indefinitely.

Sons of light and Sons of darkness

When God created Adam and Eve, there is no sin. If Adam and Eve did not sin, every child that come from them will also be the Sons of light. I believe that God already decided the number of offspring that will come forth. But when sin comes into the picture, the Sons of darkness are added into their offspring giving great increase in number of offspring.

God depicts yeast as a representation of sin and evil.

Galatians 5:9 (New Living Translation) This false teaching is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough!

When yeast work through the unleavened dough, it rises and increase in size. Which gives us a picture of increase.

Galatians 5:9 (Good News Translation) "It takes only a little yeast to make the whole batch of dough rise," as they say.

Another clue comes from the Parable of the Weeds. The Sons of light are depicts as wheats and the Sons of darkness are weeds. From this parable, there is an unwanted increase due to the weeds sow by the enemy.

Matthew 13:24-26 The Parable of the Weeds - Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

God knows who are the Sons of light and Sons of darkness

John 8:42-47 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

Characteristics of the Sons of light

1) They will follow God when they hear his voice.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

2) A Son of light can bring forth a Son of darkness and Son of light. Under the linage of Abraham, there are Sons of light and Sons of darkness.

John 8:39-41 “Abraham is our father,” they answered. “If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would do what Abraham did. As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. You are doing the works of your own father.”

3) Anyone who is alive can turn out to be a Son of light even just before death. The robber who is crucified with Jesus was saved before dying.

Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.

Conclusion

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

God did not decide our destiny. It is our choice to choose or reject Jesus that determines our destiny. God only see the future and knows who are the Sons of light and Sons of darkness. The future that God predict does not change. In this sense, everything is already fixed from the beginning.

Every generation, there are Sons of light and Sons of darkness being born. God is waiting patiently every single Son of light to be born, come to repentance and be saved. His salvation for the Sons of light is total and not a single one will be lost. Jesus will appear swiftly once this is fulfilled.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) God is out side of time. If you know the past.. you know the future "Whatever is has already been, and what will be has been before; and God will call the past to account."

"Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’"

"Let them bring forth and show us what will happen; Let them show the former things, what they were, That we may consider them, And know the latter end of them; Or declare to us things to come"
"Show the things that are to come hereafter, That we may know that you are gods; Yes, do good or do evil, That we may be dismayed and see it together."

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God did not decide our fate
An entry that contradicts your title.
If everything is predetermined and if God has not decided our fate.
Who has?
Because who ever did the determinating is God.

Upvote 0