Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Many think only of God. They obviously do not care about how things are with humans. But if you only look at what God wants, and have no understanding of His creature, then you cannot love God. I have written a piece about this and will share it here:

Everything comes together in this one commandment: Love one another

In my eyes, love is above the law of Moses. When the law of Moses compromises the love for another, love should therefore prevail. I see many coming with the laws of Moses, when we are actually under the law of Christ, if I understand correctly. That means that above all we must love another. I will give an example: the Sabbath is an old testament law, it is good to keep it but not obligatory in my eyes. When we judge others, which I often see, based on them, we do not love them. A person must, for example, work on Saturdays, or must do the work at home that otherwise would not be done. We then impose burdens on this person. However, Paul is clear about the fulfillment of the law of Christ, not by laying burdens on anyone but instead by bearing one another's burdens! The law of Christ is in my view above the law of Moses. Love is highest, that is why the law of Moses was made in the first place. So that we would treat each other well and lovingly. But when these laws are used to bring down others, to impose burdens, to punish or even to condemn, then, in my eyes, they no longer adhere to the Law of Christ that makes it clear to love. The law of Christ is in my eyes: Love God and love one another. If the law of Moses would compromise that, love each other, then we have sinned against the law of Christ, at least in my eyes. How can we love God? In my opinion we can love that by loving each other. Paul, I think, says this clearly when He says: everything comes together in this commandment: that you must love one another. Many say that Christ also said to love God to open the door to the law of Moses again. But Paul clearly says: everything comes together in this one commandment:

Romans 13: 9 (HSV)

For this: You shall not commit adultery, you shall not kill, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness, you shall not covet, and whatever other commandment there is, shall be summed up in this word, that is, in this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

This makes it clear that even if we love others, we honor God. Christ, in my opinion, also makes this very clear when He says: Those who keep My commandments are those who love Me. Many men then turn to the law of Moses, but I believe that Christ here means His law: love God and love one another. If we look at it that way, it is very clear what we must do to love God and then it is just as Paul writes that all commandments come together in this one commandment: love one another. For if we love one another, we will keep Christ's command, and Christ says, "Whoever loves me, keep my commandments. By the commandment: love each other, we thus keep His commandments and as Christ says, we love Him by which we also keep the first commandment, love God.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
"The way to God is through people" - Mother Maria of Paris

I am always baffled by folks that put God on a pedestal of sorts, removed from the ordinary concerns of human life. As if in order to really love God, we must isolate ourselves from other peoples needs. This is dehumanizing, the opposite of God's character.

• Agree
Reactions: JimBeta
Upvote 0