Everyone is getting married in front of me...

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My cousin is, just heard about it. We aren't close nor do we really talk but it just makes me feel like I'm wasting my life. I'm 25 and never had a boyfriend or experienced real love...

What is life without the experiences that make it worth it all? I've always been awkward socially, I'm getting better ..

But idk, maybe I have too much baggage to be married to someone..I hate the thought of being alone for the rest of my life. Alone getting my first apt, waking up,eating and sleeping in that apt, going to events alone..

I'd love it if I had friends atleast, maybe ill meet some in the future.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. There was a point in my life where I pretty much kept to myself and had absolutely no desire to get married or have a family. The next thing I know, I was getting married and starting a family.

Don't give up, things can change instantly and drastically, especially with you know Who in charge.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting. There was a point in my life where I pretty much kept to myself and had absolutely no desire to get married or have a family. The next thing I know, I was getting married and starting a family.

Don't give up, things can change instantly and drastically, especially with you know Who in charge.
I surely hope they do. I don't want to be alone forever.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

I was 29 when I got married. Probably seems like a lifetime from your perspective, but I still think it was rather young from my perspective.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
These thoughts are normal! I'm 33 and still single! :o there were many, many times I wondered the same thing, but really, something can change any second. I know, it's cliche to say you're still young, but you're still young. You can run to the store tomorrow and meet someone. You can meet someone on here. At church. At work. Anywhere. Just keep your options open, keep praying, and try to enjoy life exactly where you're at. It's normal to get frustrated at times.

My door is always open if you ever need someone to chat with :)

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Try to enjoy what you have for now.

I was not looking for anyone when my now wife was basically thrown at me. My father knew her mother from their occupations. They tried for months to get us together. I kept throwing her number away, imagining how "bad" she must be for her mother to be scrounging up dates for her.
Called her and we were engaged in 6 months...almost 25 years ago.

Hang in there. The right person will be there at the right time.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My cousin is, just heard about it. We aren't close nor do we really talk but it just makes me feel like I'm wasting my life. I'm 25 and never had a boyfriend or experienced real love...

What is life without the experiences that make it worth it all? I've always been awkward socially, I'm getting better ..

But idk, maybe I have too much baggage to be married to someone..I hate the thought of being alone for the rest of my life. Alone getting my first apt, waking up,eating and sleeping in that apt, going to events alone..

Have you reconnected with your cousin to congratulate them? That would a warm gesture and make them happy to hear from you. Weddings are great places to fellowship with family and friends; and with other young people too. Weddings are one of the experiences that make life on earth worth while (even if it's someone else's) and give us an opportunity to practice and improve our social skills. Be uplifted that God has brought a life-long companion to your cousin. Celebrate that joy with them. Spend some time in prayer and faithfully ask God to take away your troubles. Let Jesus Christ carry your baggage for you.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd love it if I had friends at least, maybe ill meet some in the future.

25? My wife and I married each other in our mid-late forties, neither having married before. So don't give up quite so early : )

In the meantime, do you need friends? I didn't have a lot of friends either. Bide your time and spend it with the Lord. Since joining this forum I've met one friend already who may end up being a friend for life. Stick it out, and just keep giving yourself to God. It's only a matter of time. Heaven is filled with nothing but friends.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Does your church have a singles Bible study group or singles events? If so, have you given them a try? It might not be a bad idea. Odds are there are more than a few people in your church struggling with the same things as you...maybe one of them is a cute 25-year-old guy.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

just read your bible :) (Christian advice)

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship

I agree with what SeventyOne said things can change. Just pray about it and try not to stress about it. I'm sure there are a lot of married people who have a lot of baggage so that shouldn't stop you from getting married, make it difficult, yes, but not impossible. The Bible did say people (I'm paraphrasing) people with wealth have many friends, but poor people are separated from friends. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say the same can be said about prosperity/relationships in general. People are happy to come around when everything is going well and you have money, but it's harder when you have baggage.... It's just the way of this world. That's why God tells us to set our eyes on things above cause our lives can be down right horrible on this Earth.

I'm sure alot of the prophet and apostles wanted spouses. Paul was single.... He even explains to us that everyone is unmarried in the end and tells us try not to fret about having a spouse. Even some of the prophets were called to live extremely lonely lives.

If you have the ability to join activities or clubs or even online support groups or something to make friends to not be lonely that's also one idea. Going to church events (if you are able to) is another idea. Calling someone first is also another idea. Bible says to make friends a person must show themselves friendly and it's true. Still though just be careful and don't let people take advantage of you.... The Bible actually tells us we aren't even supposed to seek out worldly friendships in the first place so were supposed to be looking to be friends who are faithful to God,which is kinda a rare find, therefore, I kinda conclude loneliness in a world that it run by the devil kinda comes with the Christian territory.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was not married until I was 35, so you have plenty of time. However from the years of observing how I reacted to relationships I have formulated some advice on the topic. I have cut and pasted it here so you can have a read.

Internet Dating
Opposite to popular belief Christian Internet dating is actually a very good way to meet local singles. It is the way I met my wife, but I will leave the discussion of our meeting to a different category. Every person I met while internet dating were very good Christians with good walks with God. The trick with internet dating is to pick profiles that share similar spiritual interests to you. If you like to talk about God, find some one who talks about God in their profile. But don’t pick some one who you think is too spiritual for you. There were people who talked about going on mission trips, that was too spiritual for me, they were very good people, and although my walk with God has been one of outreach to unbelievers going on overseas mission trips is not my thing. Pick people who sound like they are at your level. My wife did not have much success with dating men online, so experiences may vary, just test people out.

Expect Rejection
Many people date more than one person, or when online dating have communication with multiple different people. This means that in the dating world a person may leave you for some one they see as better. I once dated a really nice Christian girl who I met on a dating Website, we got on really well together, and had a good time. But eventually she found another man and went out with him, he was better looking than me. So be prepared for rejection, and don’t take it personally.

Be Prepared to make friends
There was a Church I attended where there were quite a few girls that I liked. I found that over time I made friends with all of them. We were friends for years. I also got to know some of their parents. This was not something I had to force but it just happened naturally. Be open to natural connections. But be aware that you may need to actually ask one of them out, I hid my feelings for years, so never really will ever know if one of them would have dated me. Friendships are good, but because the goal of friendship is not marriage it is hard to know where you stand. After a season of genuine friendship if you do like some one I suggest ask them out. But be prepared for your friendship to end some girls get spooked if you bring up the relationship word. It has happened to me once.

Mission Trip Meetings
Often Christians meet their partner on mission trips. Or during church out reaches or groups. Often a Christian partner will have a similar desire in God to you. My brother met his wife on a mission trip. God spoke to him and told him he was going to marry a person on the trip. He thought it was the devil, so ignored it. But the girl who God mentioned took an interest in him, and they started dating, they then got married, they now have a happy family life.

Direct Revelation from God
In this section I am going to discuss the care that needs to be taken when entering this realm. I am a Christian who prays a lot and from time to time can hear God's voice. He has used this method for various ministry reasons such as, salvation, or rescue, or finding out special information useful for furthering the gospel. But when it comes to relationships you must be careful. Firstly the devil often will try to deceive people into thinking they are destined for a particular person who will never marry them or even like them, to cause harm to them. The other difficulty is God may set you up in a situation and give you a chance, but ultimately the other person has a choice and that choice may be no. I once saw a really attractive girl on a Christian dating Website, I said to God, "Could you get that person to contact me and let me know you sent them, I am too scared to ask her out". One year latter that girl contacted me asking me out for a date. At the same time some days before she contacted me God gave me a vision of the place where the person had been baptised, and gave me a picture version of their online username. So when this person turned up I though great God has sent me a wife, with out thinking I told the girl that I had had a vision, and though we were destined to be married. This scared her witless, and she said I was being too intense. This filled me with fear, and I sent her an email telling her she was probably right, and told her all my faults. This just scared her off because she probably though I was crazy, and it totally devastated me, the devil used it as an opportunity to blame God, and it caused me to doubt God even loved me or cared for me, to the point I felt God did not even want me to be a Christian. From this you can see that although God may answer your prayer, even provide you with a sign, there is not a 100% guarantee that things will work out. People have a choice. That said I actually received my wife via direct revelation from God. I was on a Christian dating site and I said to God there must be someone on here who could make a good wife for me show me who. I prayed for a search term to enter into the search box, with the word I received I typed it into the search box. My wife’s profile came up first in the search results. I thought she looked ok, so I contacted her. To my supprise she had been trying to contact me, but had been unable to. We were in the same city, so we decided to go out dating, and I told her nothing about what I had done in prayer. We got on well together, went out for a few months to movies, parks, shopping, and decided to marry. We are now happily married and have a son. So God can use direct revelation. But be aware when trying to hear God’s voice, God does not always speak, often the devil will always say something to confuse you. Voices in the spirit realm are very similar. So you may well hear Satan, or both God and the devil. If you start getting confused, just stop, and be aware God has not spoken. If things start working out for good, just use your natural mind to test things out. The spiritual will just lead to the natural anyway. You don’t want to be asking God for every thing, he just won’t tell you, and it will give the devil the opportunity to confuse you.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

OP, I told my wife about this thread and your situation. She told me something I never knew. She felt the same way in her late teens and early 20's. She prayed for years and then things suddenly opened up for her.
She has many close friends and they rely on her for prayer and advice. So much so that some nights I'm lucky to get 10 minutes of her. :sigh:

You're in our hearts. We're praying for you to have peace and patience and the formation of close and meaningful relationships.

Take care of yourself. Life is precious and so are you.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was not married until I was 35, so you have plenty of time. However from the years of observing how I reacted to relationships I have formulated some advice on the topic. I have cut and pasted it here so you can have a read.

Internet Dating
Opposite to popular belief Christian Internet dating is actually a very good way to meet local singles. It is the way I met my wife, but I will leave the discussion of our meeting to a different category. Every person I met while internet dating were very good Christians with good walks with God. The trick with internet dating is to pick profiles that share similar spiritual interests to you. If you like to talk about God, find some one who talks about God in their profile. But don’t pick some one who you think is too spiritual for you. There were people who talked about going on mission trips, that was too spiritual for me, they were very good people, and although my walk with God has been one of outreach to unbelievers going on overseas mission trips is not my thing. Pick people who sound like they are at your level. My wife did not have much success with dating men online, so experiences may vary, just test people out.

Expect Rejection
Many people date more than one person, or when online dating have communication with multiple different people. This means that in the dating world a person may leave you for some one they see as better. I once dated a really nice Christian girl who I met on a dating Website, we got on really well together, and had a good time. But eventually she found another man and went out with him, he was better looking than me. So be prepared for rejection, and don’t take it personally.

Be Prepared to make friends
There was a Church I attended where there were quite a few girls that I liked. I found that over time I made friends with all of them. We were friends for years. I also got to know some of their parents. This was not something I had to force but it just happened naturally. Be open to natural connections. But be aware that you may need to actually ask one of them out, I hid my feelings for years, so never really will ever know if one of them would have dated me. Friendships are good, but because the goal of friendship is not marriage it is hard to know where you stand. After a season of genuine friendship if you do like some one I suggest ask them out. But be prepared for your friendship to end some girls get spooked if you bring up the relationship word. It has happened to me once.

Mission Trip Meetings
Often Christians meet their partner on mission trips. Or during church out reaches or groups. Often a Christian partner will have a similar desire in God to you. My brother met his wife on a mission trip. God spoke to him and told him he was going to marry a person on the trip. He thought it was the devil, so ignored it. But the girl who God mentioned took an interest in him, and they started dating, they then got married, they now have a happy family life.

Direct Revelation from God
In this section I am going to discuss the care that needs to be taken when entering this realm. I am a Christian who prays a lot and from time to time can hear God's voice. He has used this method for various ministry reasons such as, salvation, or rescue, or finding out special information useful for furthering the gospel. But when it comes to relationships you must be careful. Firstly the devil often will try to deceive people into thinking they are destined for a particular person who will never marry them or even like them, to cause harm to them. The other difficulty is God may set you up in a situation and give you a chance, but ultimately the other person has a choice and that choice may be no. I once saw a really attractive girl on a Christian dating Website, I said to God, "Could you get that person to contact me and let me know you sent them, I am too scared to ask her out". One year latter that girl contacted me asking me out for a date. At the same time some days before she contacted me God gave me a vision of the place where the person had been baptised, and gave me a picture version of their online username. So when this person turned up I though great God has sent me a wife, with out thinking I told the girl that I had had a vision, and though we were destined to be married. This scared her witless, and she said I was being too intense. This filled me with fear, and I sent her an email telling her she was probably right, and told her all my faults. This just scared her off because she probably though I was crazy, and it totally devastated me, the devil used it as an opportunity to blame God, and it caused me to doubt God even loved me or cared for me, to the point I felt God did not even want me to be a Christian. From this you can see that although God may answer your prayer, even provide you with a sign, there is not a 100% guarantee that things will work out. People have a choice. That said I actually received my wife via direct revelation from God. I was on a Christian dating site and I said to God there must be someone on here who could make a good wife for me show me who. I prayed for a search term to enter into the search box, with the word I received I typed it into the search box. My wife’s profile came up first in the search results. I thought she looked ok, so I contacted her. To my supprise she had been trying to contact me, but had been unable to. We were in the same city, so we decided to go out dating, and I told her nothing about what I had done in prayer. We got on well together, went out for a few months to movies, parks, shopping, and decided to marry. We are now happily married and have a son. So God can use direct revelation. But be aware when trying to hear God’s voice, God does not always speak, often the devil will always say something to confuse you. Voices in the spirit realm are very similar. So you may well hear Satan, or both God and the devil. If you start getting confused, just stop, and be aware God has not spoken. If things start working out for good, just use your natural mind to test things out. The spiritual will just lead to the natural anyway. You don’t want to be asking God for every thing, he just won’t tell you, and it will give the devil the opportunity to confuse you.
This is amazing...but I'm one of those people who can't hear God...I've tried and I just can't. I understand praying... I guess for me if it's meant to be it will be.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OP, I told my wife about this thread and your situation. She told me something I never knew. She felt the same way in her late teens and early 20's. She prayed for years and then things suddenly opened up for her.
She has many close friends and they rely on her for prayer and advice. So much so that some nights I'm lucky to get 10 minutes of her. :sigh:

You're in our hearts. We're praying for you to have peace and patience and the formation of close and meaningful relationships.

Take care of yourself. Life is precious and so are you.
Thank you , as for your wife's friend's they need boundaries... But I understand her friends...no one wants to be alone. Its scary

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Have you reconnected with your cousin to congratulate them? That would a warm gesture and make them happy to hear from you. Weddings are great places to fellowship with family and friends; and with other young people too. Weddings are one of the experiences that make life on earth worth while (even if it's someone else's) and give us an opportunity to practice and improve our social skills. Be uplifted that God has brought a life-long companion to your cousin. Celebrate that joy with them. Spend some time in prayer and faithfully ask God to take away your troubles. Let Jesus Christ carry your baggage for you.
My cousin and I aren't close, I heard by word of mouth. I didn't get an invite.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
These thoughts are normal! I'm 33 and still single! :eek: there were many, many times I wondered the same thing, but really, something can change any second. I know, it's cliche to say you're still young, but you're still young. You can run to the store tomorrow and meet someone. You can meet someone on here. At church. At work. Anywhere. Just keep your options open, keep praying, and try to enjoy life exactly where you're at. It's normal to get frustrated at times.

My door is always open if you ever need someone to chat with :)
You're advice really comforts me :)

Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Think about what is holding you back if you don't have friends? What happens when you start developing any relationship? There must be something that is holding you back.

Think about the last one or two times someone was friendly to you. Did you encourage friendship or ????

Know yourself, that is the first step in changing your life. Think about it hard for a while, there must be something.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My cousin and I aren't close, I heard by word of mouth. I didn't get an invite.
Sounds like a perfect opportunity to call your cousin and say you heard they were getting married and verify that it is true. A surprise call from a cousin might rekindle a lost friendship. If you want to be close to your cousin then initiate some contact... be bold in Christ. Praying for you.

It is written...

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

John 8:47 - "Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Upvote 0