• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Everyone heard my desperate prayers and recorded it

DavidMil

Dec 17, 2017
Milan
✟3,366.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I am a university student who lives in a student's house in a single room . Over a month ago I prayed desperately to G-d loudly with music to avoid being heard). Actually I was heard and recorded. I heard other guys outside my room (in kitchen and outside the building) listening my recorded prayers and laughing at me. Now I am back to home for christmas but in january I'be back and I am so afraid of it

• Optimistic
Reactions: vinsight4u

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Be proud of your faith! Don't worry about small minded people that don't affect your life if you don't let them. Remember that God is bigger than any situation... spend this time at home in earnest prayer, thanking God for the opportunity for these young men to hear someone praying.... they may laugh as a group but you don't know who in the group has never seen someone's faith being proclaimed like that... it very well may be a testimony and witness of God that will bear fruit in the future. Be of the mindset that we are just passing through this place and the words and actions of others don't affect the reality of God's existence or of His wonderful Love.

Upvote 0

Chance7

Jan 18, 2018
Northern Cambria
✟23,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be proud of your faith! Don't worry about small minded people that don't affect your life if you don't let them. Remember that God is bigger than any situation... spend this time at home in earnest prayer, thanking God for the opportunity for these young men to hear someone praying.... they may laugh as a group but you don't know who in the group has never seen someone's faith being proclaimed like that... it very well may be a testimony and witness of God that will bear fruit in the future. Be of the mindset that we are just passing through this place and the words and actions of others don't affect the reality of God's existence or of His wonderful Love.
That’s great advice! I would say the same thing. You may have helped someone inadvertently by them hearing it. That may be part of God’s will. Also, even if they laugh at you, who cares. Just be you. I can’t say much because I get anxiety snout people learning about my faith too but either way, I think it only matters between you and God. All the other people who laugh at you don’t know what they are missing.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Davidmill, God blesses those who seek Him. Be not afraid for I am with You! --Isa 41:10
Be proud to be a christian and stand tall when in adversity. Fear not those who can kill the flesh, But not able to kill the soul, but fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.--Matt 10:28

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0