Everyday epiphanies, revelations and random thoughts :)

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just like the title states, if you've learned something new today, share it. If you want to just chat, and be random, that's cool, too :)

My random comment for the day - I'm learning that the more I surrender to God, the better my life becomes. The less anxious I am, and the brighter life gets around me. :heart:

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I was just reading the book of Revelation and I like the description of Jesus holding the keys to death and hades, like He’s in charge of even Death and Hell himself and not the devil.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@SeventhFisherofMen - that is always amazing to reflect on, agree. It makes me feel bad that I complain even the slightest when I struggle with stuff in life, when Jesus suffered so much on our behalf.

Happy Friday everyone!:wave: Sun is shining, and the lake out back (I live near a lake) is sparkling. I just love that look.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting, I have a friend who has been dating a guy for about a year now, and they're very much in love. He is a Christian, she is agnostic, if I had to find a label for her. They had a talk recently about getting married, and he said that he isn't sure if they should continue seeing each other because she isn't a Christian. She's pretty upset, but I told her that people can change, even during a marriage, if one starts off religious and the other isn't. But, she may never accept Christ as her savior, so there's that too. My prayer for her would be that she'd come to know Christ, but for the right reasons, not to save a relationship. :|

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is she a selfish self serving person who likes gain at the expense of others?
No, she is a great person, but because she doesn't share the same views as him, or me, she sees Christianity as an obstacle rather than the right path. I blame poor theology teachings in the US for some of her thinking.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,520.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, she is a great person, but because she doesn't share the same views as him, or me, she sees Christianity as an obstacle rather than the right path.
Well if she is not those things then she follows what Jesus taught we should be. Hence she is a follower and doesn't even know it. Tell her not to confuse Jesus with Christianity.

• Agree
Reactions: Deidre32
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It goes for thinking too. :)
Matthew 5:28
Yep.

With James 2:10, it could also be a warning to us all that we don't look down on people who commit certain sins, and think we are any better off because we're not committing those sins.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
<snip>My random comment for the day - I'm learning that the more I surrender to God, the better my life becomes. The less anxious I am, and the brighter life gets around me. :heart:
Exactly! Our sermon Sunday was on repentance seeing that we are in Lent. Humility is sooo much easier were anxiety is like trying to swim up stream.

Reactions: Deidre32
Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exactly! Our sermon Sunday was on repentance seeing that we are in Lent. Humility is sooo much easier were anxiety is like trying to swim up stream.
It is, that's true.

I woke up today feeling at peace with things in my life. I used to worry a lot over things that hadn't happened, or probably never would happen, and trusting in God, means to let go of that former way of thinking, and let Him show us a new way. Peace isn't all that exciting I've discovered, it just is. Like you feel sustained or something, hard to put into words. ''A peace that surpasses all understanding,'' as Scripture tells us. That is definitely a good way of putting it. :sunflower:

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To believe beyond what we thought possible, that is how deep our faith can be. That's the kind of God we worship, and follow. We can do all things through Christ, who strengthens us.

My revelation for the day. Not a new one, but one that just comes up every now and then. :clap:

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0