Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"The Quran affirms the inspiration, preservation, and authority of the Gospel. The vast majority of Muslims, however, are convinced that the Gospel has been corrupted. Why do so many Muslims believe something that contradicts the Quran? Let's find out by going through every verse of the Quran that mentions the Gospel, seeing where the evidence points, and recognizing where the error comes from."

In order to explore Christianity it would be necessary to understand what is being taught. Dr. David Wood explains the Christian understanding of the Quran:

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,380.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The narrator of this video mistakenly assumes that the gospels found in our Bible are the same gospel spoken of in the Qur'an. In Islam the gospel was given directly to Jesus. The gospels written by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are not considered to be the Injil (Gospel) in Islam. In Islam, the Injil (Gospel) was revealed to Jesus in the same way the Torah was revealed to Moses and it was revealed directly to Jesus only.

And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous. (Quran 5:46)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ah David Wood.... I really like him!

Actually a really great point on this general topic is the modern Muslim notion of "the Bible being corrupted", which I see all over. It even appeared in a Netflix horror series I watched last Fall!

That is a notion that does not appear anywhere in the Koran, and actually is opposite of what it says. It actually can be used to refute the Koran seeing how earlier verses of the Koran vouched for the Bible and claimed the Bible supported the Koran (which it doesn't for the most part). David Wood has a lot to say on that.... And other topics of Mohammed fits or doesn't fit into the role of a prophet by Old and New Testament standards.

PS - Nice this is one of those videos that deals with the exact topic. Come to think of it, I should probably share that as well on Facebook.

Last edited:
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
"The Quran affirms the inspiration, preservation, and authority of the Gospel. The vast majority of Muslims, however, are convinced that the Gospel has been corrupted. Why do so many Muslims believe something that contradicts the Quran? Let's find out by going through every verse of the Quran that mentions the Gospel, seeing where the evidence points, and recognizing where the error comes from."

In order to explore Christianity it would be necessary to understand what is being taught. Dr. David Wood explains the Christian understanding of the Quran:

Obviously Muslims are deceived. It the the Quran that has distorted the gospel. It affirms something that is nothing like the true gospel, starting with denying the resurrection of Christ. Islam is what Islam does. It is intolerant, murderous, violent and vengeful.

Upvote 0

James_Lai

Oct 22, 2021
Ontario
✟24,480.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Islam is a much, much stronger faith than Christianity, and I see the main reason is sincerity of faith among their believers. It’s like Christianity 500 years ago

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Islam is a much, much stronger faith than Christianity, and I see the main reason is sincerely of faith among their believers. It’s like Christianity 500 years ago
Don't believe that for a moment. Vast numbers of Muslims are bound entirely by fear. It's the opposite of faith. Any religion, philosophy or political system that uses the threat of death is flawed. Communism relies on violent repression. It brooks no dissent. Ask any Russian, North Korean or Chinese. Islam is worse. China will throw you in prison. Most Muslim countries will kill you if you forsake Islam. It's an effective deterrent, but it is not faith.

Reactions: James_Lai
Upvote 0

James_Lai

Oct 22, 2021
Ontario
✟24,480.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Don't believe that for a moment. Vast numbers of Muslims are bound entirely by fear. It's the opposite of faith. Any religion, philosophy or political system that uses the threat of death is flawed. Communism relies on violent repression. It brooks no dissent. Ask any Russian, North Korean or Chinese. Islam is worse. China will throw you in prison. Most Muslim countries will kill you if you forsake Islam. It's an effective deterrent, but it is not faith.

Like I said, similar to Christianity 500 years ago :) They are very sincere I can see it, it’s pretty obvious. Of course there’s enough nominality in all religions, but if we compare, Islam is a super champion in sincerity and Christianity is one of the losers, in my opinion

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Like I said, similar to Christianity 500 years ago :) They are very sincere I can see it, it’s pretty obvious. Of course there’s enough nominality in all religions, but if we compare, Islam is a super champion in sincerity and Christianity is one of the losers, in my opinion
If they are sincere, and I can't speak for every Muslim, they are sincerely wrong. Since anyone who shows dissent is murdered, it's hardly surprising that Muslims are "sincere".

The difference is that Christians are tolerant. Many people who claim to be Christian are not. Surveys show that something like 4% of church attenders are in fact born again. People are deserting the denominations. I think that is a good thing. Meetings should be of those who are born again. The church is the body of Christ, not a bunch of people who like the idea of Christianity but who don't want to pay the price to be a real Christian. It's high time that such people realised that there is not fence to sit on. They should go God's way or go back to the world. Pastors need to forget about numbers and be bold enough to speak the truth in love.

About 45 years ago, I was briefly involved in a group of about 40 supposed Christians. A few of us within that group got together one evening. God did an amazing work that night. I commented that this would sort out the main group as to who was real and who was not. The next meeting of the group was 14 people. Yet for months after, revival broke out. People were being saved daily. I'd love to see that happen again.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Quran has Jesus speaking as a baby. This is borrowed from, or inspired by, the "Infancy Gospel". It also alludes to someone else being crucified in Jesus' place, which is an element possibly stemming from Gnostic Christianity.

"Leirvik finds the Quran and Hadith to have been clearly influenced by the non-canonical ('heretical') Christianity that prevailed in the Arab peninsula and further in Abyssinia." - Wikipedia, Jesus in Islam

When Islam refers to the Gospel, I think it means other books than the accepted Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

• Informative
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,380.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When Islam refers to the Gospel, I think it means other books than the accepted Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
You are correct.

The Injil (Singular) that is recognized in the Qur'an is the gospel that was sent directly down to Jesus, and in reading the Qur'an; it's easy to conclude that the Injil is not the gospels of Matthew, Luke, John, and Mark found in the Bible as the following verses will show.

We sent Jesus son of Mary, fulfilling the Torah that preceded him; and We gave him the Gospel, wherein is guidance and light, and confirming the Torah that preceded him, and guidance and counsel for the righteous. -- Qur'an 5:46

We sent in their wake Our messengers, and followed up with Jesus son of Mary, and We gave him the Gospel, and instilled in the hearts of those who followed him compassion and mercy. -- Qur'an 57:27

The gospels of Matthew, Luke, John, and Mark found in the Bible are historical accounts of Jesus and what He said during His earthly ministry. They didn't exist during the time of Jesus' earthly ministry and therefore can't possibly be the gospel (Injil) mentioned in the Qur'an that was sent down to Jesus.

It seems the narrator of the video in the OP is completely ignorant of this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

James_Lai

Oct 22, 2021
Ontario
✟24,480.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If they are sincere, and I can't speak for every Muslim, they are sincerely wrong. Since anyone who shows dissent is murdered, it's hardly surprising that Muslims are "sincere".

The difference is that Christians are tolerant. Many people who claim to be Christian are not. Surveys show that something like 4% of church attenders are in fact born again. People are deserting the denominations. I think that is a good thing. Meetings should be of those who are born again. The church is the body of Christ, not a bunch of people who like the idea of Christianity but who don't want to pay the price to be a real Christian. It's high time that such people realised that there is not fence to sit on. They should go God's way or go back to the world. Pastors need to forget about numbers and be bold enough to speak the truth in love.

About 45 years ago, I was briefly involved in a group of about 40 supposed Christians. A few of us within that group got together one evening. God did an amazing work that night. I commented that this would sort out the main group as to who was real and who was not. The next meeting of the group was 14 people. Yet for months after, revival broke out. People were being saved daily. I'd love to see that happen again.

Don’t confuse fear with sincerity. Being forced into faith is the opposite of sincerity. Dissent is a separate issue not to be mixed in with genuine sincerity. All religions have fear, that’s what unfortunately they operate on. It can be of different kind, but nevertheless very powerful over the mind… It’s very bad.

Muslims are extremely sincere of all kinds of faith because they hold to their beliefs from the bottom of their hearts. Christians, as a rule, say one thing, think another and do completely different. Zero sincerity. They ignore Jesus while claiming to follow Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Islam is a much, much stronger faith than Christianity, and I see the main reason is sincerely of faith among their believers. It’s like Christianity 500 years ago
I did catch the woman security guard praying at the start of Ramadan. We said hello as usual. Reminds me of the workplace, more focused on about what the day will bring on.

I didn't image that anyone could use the Quran to preach the gospel. Surprisely he gets results.

Reactions: James_Lai
Upvote 0

James_Lai

Oct 22, 2021
Ontario
✟24,480.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I did catch the woman security guard praying at the start of Ramadan. We said hello as usual. Reminds me of the workplace, more focused on about what the day will bring on.

I didn't image that anyone could use the Quran to preach the gospel. Surprisely he gets results.

Results I don’t think are great… Because #1 idea among Muslims is that the original pure Tawrat, Zabur and Injil given to Issa Masih Nabi by Allah Ta’-aallaa have been corrupted.

But of course Islam is nothing but an offshoot of Christianity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,380.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I can't see how he would get any results.

If a Christian were to talk to a Muslim about Jesus and the gospel and attempted to equate the gospel found in the Qur'an to the gospels found in the Bible as the narrator of this video does, in the eyes of the Muslim they would be affirming the Islamic teaching that the Muslims know what the true Gospel is and that Christians are mistaken. I would suggest anyone reaching out to Muslims not to ever try to convince a Muslim that the gospels found in our Bible are the same gospel that they believe Jesus received according to the Qur'an, because if they do, they would come across as being ignorant of both faiths.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Don’t confuse fear with sincerity. Being forced into faith is the opposite of sincerity. Dissent is a separate issue not to be mixed in with genuine sincerity. All religions have fear, that’s what unfortunately they operate on. It can be of different kind, but nevertheless very powerful over the mind… It’s very bad.

Muslims are extremely sincere of all kinds of faith because they hold to their beliefs from the bottom of their hearts. Christians, as a rule, say one thing, think another and do completely different. Zero sincerity. They ignore Jesus while claiming to follow Him.
We will have to disagree. I studied Islam for a while. I was sickened to the point where I had to quit. One Imam I read was asked why punishment for leaving Islam was so severe. He replied that no one would remain a Muslim if they were free to leave. Sincerity? Some yes.

No one can be forced into faith. Faith is very simply trust. Fear and faith are opposites.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You are correct.

The Injil (Singular) that is recognized in the Qur'an is the gospel that was sent directly down to Jesus, and in reading the Qur'an; it's easy to conclude that the Injil is not the gospels of Matthew, Luke, John, and Mark found in the Bible as the following verses will show.

We sent Jesus son of Mary, fulfilling the Torah that preceded him; and We gave him the Gospel, wherein is guidance and light, and confirming the Torah that preceded him, and guidance and counsel for the righteous. -- Qur'an 5:46

We sent in their wake Our messengers, and followed up with Jesus son of Mary, and We gave him the Gospel, and instilled in the hearts of those who followed him compassion and mercy. -- Qur'an 57:27

The gospels of Matthew, Luke, John, and Mark found in the Bible are historical accounts of Jesus and what He said during His earthly ministry. They didn't exist during the time of Jesus' earthly ministry and therefore can't possibly be the gospel (Injil) mentioned in the Qur'an that was sent down to Jesus.

It seems the narrator of the video in the OP is completely ignorant of this.

They claim the 4 Gospels are false and yet claim tradition of Jesus from writings that are entirely dependent on the 4 Gospels they claim to be false and distort what is said in the 4 Gospels.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I can't see how he would get any results.

If a Christian were to talk to a Muslim about Jesus and the gospel and attempted to equate the gospel found in the Qur'an to the gospels found in the Bible as the narrator of this video does, in the eyes of the Muslim they would be affirming the Islamic teaching that the Muslims know what the true Gospel is and that Christians are mistaken. I would suggest anyone reaching out to Muslims not to ever try to convince a Muslim that the gospels found in our Bible are the same gospel that they believe Jesus received according to the Qur'an, because if they do, they would come across as being ignorant of both faiths.
Technically there is no if. Numerous Christians have taken to video as a way to openly document, record and support their labor in the Lord. In his case he also has a few videos doing street evangelism. It's friendier than you think even though there is a very real threat of physical harm. Plus their Muslim conterparts are passionate about doing the same in public.

Upvote 0