Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep thinking that as you excuse Donald's sin.
I see the “judge not” used all the time around here. Figured I’d give it a try.

I know there is no redemption in atheism only reminders of past failures.

• Winner
Reactions: Athanasius377
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump's words at the Rally for Life:

This is pure sentimentalism divorced from the reality. There are plenty of unwanted and unloved children out there, and babies have to be nurtured to actually be loving, they don't come that way by default. I'm not saying that to justify abortion necessarily, but this issue involves real women facing real choices, not Hallmark moments than can be answered with glittering generalities.

He certainly didn't feel that way when his second mistress wife, Marla, told him she was pregnant. It seems like that's an inconvenient fact the conservative pro-life movement would like to forget.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our President has proclaimed His faith in Christ.
I really see no reason to believe other wise.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

(1) Calling his fellow Republicans HUMAN SCUM because they don't support him.

(2) Calling the countries Haiti, El Salvador and other African countries ****hole countries.

(3) Calling black NFL players a profane name that includes what people call a female dog.

(4) Viciously and repeatedly attacking Senator Elizabeth Warren by calling her Pocahontas.

(5) Trump Used Asian Accent to Mock US Allies at Fundraiser

(6) The expansive, repetitive universe of Trump’s Twitter insults

(7) Man whom Trump mocked as overweight at N.H. rally was a supporter

(8) From 'Crooked Hillary' to 'Little Marco,' Donald Trump's Many Nicknames

(9) A guide to Trump's nicknames and insults about the 2020 Democratic field

(10) Here’s A List Of Countries And Leaders Trump Has Insulted Since His Election

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You mean, it's the taxpayer's job to bankroll the results of irresponisible parenthood?
I's better then wasting money on wars, and rebuilding countries, because a president likes to start trouble. Also, With abortions, that's one less child, that tax payers have to help.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

(2) Calling the countries Haiti, El Salvador and other African countries ****hole countries.

(3) Calling black NFL players a profane name that includes what people call a female dog.

(4) Viciously and repeatedly attacking Senator Elizabeth Warren by calling her Pocahontas.

(10) Here’s A List Of Countries And Leaders Trump Has Insulted Since His Election
How can Trump care about fetuses, When he's shown he doesn't care about humans.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That probably belongs in another thread, but...wow.

You know, I'd forgotten. It's really shocking:

From the last link:
Trump reportedly slammed people from African countries and Haiti during a meeting on Thursday with lawmakers about immigration protections, alluding that they weren’t wanted in America.

“Why are we having all these people from [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]hole countries come here?” Trump said in the meeting, sources told multiple media outlets. He later noted that more people from countries like Norway should be allowed to immigrate.

(the automatically removed wording is a nasty scatological term -- so it's extremely demeaning and...well, a racist sounding wording)

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can Trump care about fetuses, When he's shown he doesn't care about humans.

Good question. I honestly don't think he actually cares about unborn children (he supports abortion in cases of rape, incest, and the risk of the mother's life). I think abortion is just a political issue he uses to keep the support coming from his conservative voting base. He's a shrewd man and he knows how to manipulate people into following him. He knows exactly how to entice and appease his voting base.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That probably belongs in another thread, but...wow.

You know, I'd forgotten. It's really shocking:

From the last link:
Trump reportedly slammed people from African countries and Haiti during a meeting on Thursday with lawmakers about immigration protections, alluding that they weren’t wanted in America.

“Why are we having all these people from [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]hole countries come here?” Trump said in the meeting, sources told multiple media outlets. He later noted that more people from countries like Norway should be allowed to immigrate.

(the automatically removed wording is a nasty scatological term -- so it's extremely demeaning and...well, a racist sounding wording)

I was responding to the comment that there's really no reason to doubt Trump's proclamation of his (not His) faith in Christ. I think that I clearly and thoroughly proved otherwise in my response.

He is definitely known by the acts of flesh in his personal and public life... sexual immorality, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, and envy (Galatians 5:19-21).

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was responding to the comment that there's really no reason to doubt Trump's proclamation of his (not His) faith in Christ. I think that I clearly and thoroughly proved otherwise in my response.

He is definitely known by the acts of flesh in his personal and public life... sexual immorality, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, and envy (Galatians 5:19-21).
One thing is for sure, and this applies to all mankind, as we measure it out it will measured out to us.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing is for sure, and this applies to all mankind, as we measure it out it will measured out to us.

One thing is for sure, and this applies to most conservatives, if they want to be taken seriously when they bellow out the "Do not judge!" verse against anyone who mentions Trump's sin, then be morally consistent and stop casting stones at Democrats for their sinful behavior. (that's not meant for you)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I see the “judge not” used all the time around here. Figured I’d give it a try.

I see it ignored all the time around here. Try quoting a rule Christians follow more often.

I know there is no redemption in atheism only reminders of past failures.

And yet even the agnostic knows that there is no redemption without repentance.

And Donald never repents.... he just pays hush money.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing is for sure, and this applies to most conservatives, if they want to be taken seriously when they bellow out the "Do not judge!" verse against anyone who mentions Trump's sin, then be morally consistent and stop casting stones at Democrats for their sinful behavior. (that's not meant for you)
I did lovingly advise fellow Christians I know to be careful in their criticism of Obama’s family and faith. We can criticize I believe the policies without making it personal.

I also mentioned maybe here or on another thread the hypocrisy of our media in lauding politicians who move from a pro life stance to a pro choice stance (Eg Al Gore and some GOP candidates). Calling them enlightened and finally coming to terms. But when a GOP candidate changes from pro choice to a pro life stance somehow that is pandering.

Again that is the observation of the media elites (not you).

I am constantly reminded in a lot of these threads what I would be like today without the Grace of God. I have many “scars” from my past transgressions and am totally indebted to Christ for not only Him bringing me out of them but carrying them as far as the East is from the West. I also know the new creation He made me in is not according to any righteousness that I have done but is based entirely on the obedience and Righteousness of Christ Jesus.

So when it comes with Trump or any other politician, my hope is they either have or will have the same Hope that I have of Christ as my sure and steady anchor.

Hating someone, which is what I see here and at many other places, is not an attribute of a Christian. And I mean there is rage here at times.

Your list of grievances against Trump will serve you well when you hit the polls in November 2020. But you judging other Christians based on your list is the very definition of you making a litmus test for other Christians based on your own righteousness.

Where are you on abortion threads admonishing liberal Christians for supporting candidates who espouse no limits or even supporting abortion. Don’t see you doing this. Instead you speak of Trump as not really being pro life even though he has accomplished more than any other GOP president since Reagan.

When confronted with murdering innocent blood which is what abortion is in over 98% of all procured, you bet I’m going to vote for a candidate who is not hostile to human beings in the womb.

And for those who want to ask “is this your only issue?” My answer is it is my very first issue and moderate Democratic candidates better be listening. I used to vote split ticket when there were Democrats who held pro life positions. They are all gone.

So I get it. You don’t like Trump because he is a big meanie and tells people off. That must be your first and most important issue in voting. You have every right to do so. Just as I have every right to vote against murder in the womb. Difference is I am not here daily preaching and smugly admonishing other Christians who hold other positions as primary to murder.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I did lovingly advise fellow Christians I know to be careful in their criticism of Obama’s family and faith. We can criticize I believe the policies without making it personal.

I also mentioned maybe here or on another thread the hypocrisy of our media in lauding politicians who move from a pro life stance to a pro choice stance (Eg Al Gore and some GOP candidates). Calling them enlightened and finally coming to terms. But when a GOP candidate changes from pro choice to a pro life stance somehow that is pandering.

Again that is the observation of the media elites (not you).

I am constantly reminded in a lot of these threads what I would be like today without the Grace of God. I have many “scars” from my past transgressions and am totally indebted to Christ for not only Him bringing me out of them but carrying them as far as the East is from the West. I also the new creation He made me in is not according to any righteousness that I have done but is based entirely on the obedience and Righteousness of Christ Jesus.

So when it comes with Trump or any other politician, my hope is they either have or will have the same Hope that I have of Christ as my sure and steady anchor.

Hating someone, which is what is see here and at many other places, is not an attribute of a Christian. And I mean there is rage here at times.

Your list of grievances against Trump will serve you well when you hit the polls in November 2020. But you judging other Christians based on your list is the very definition of you making a litmus test for other Christians based on your own righteousness.

Where are you on abortion threads admonishing liberal Christians for supporting candidates who espouse no limits or even supporting abortion. Don’t see you doing this. Instead you speak of Trump as not really being pro life even though he has accomplished more than any other GOP president since Reagan.

When confronted with murdering innocent blood which is what abortion is in over 98% of all procured, you bet I’m going to vote for a candidate who is not hostile to human beings in the womb.

And for those who want to ask “is this your only issue?” My answer is it is my very first issue and moderate Democratic candidates better be listening. I used to vote split ticket when there were Democrats who held pro life positions. They are all gone.

So I get it. You don’t like Trump because he is a big meanie and tells people off. That must be your first and most important issue in voting. You have every right to do so. Just as I have every right to vote against murder in the womb. Difference is I am not here daily preaching and smugly admonishing other Christians who hold other positions as primary to murder.

Well said RLH......

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I's better then wasting money on wars, and rebuilding countries, because a president likes to start trouble. Also, With abortions, that's one less child, that tax payers have to help.

As far as moral hypocrises go, drone assassinations rank at the top. When we can knock it off with playing politics with human lives, then maybe I can start taking "pro-life" rhetoric seriously.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As far as moral hypocrises go, drone assassinations rank at the top. When we can knock it off with playing politics with human lives, then maybe I can start taking "pro-life" rhetoric seriously.
There are roughly 350,000 “drone strikes” in the womb each year in the US. That exceeds the thousands of drone strikes Bush, Obama and Trump ordered over 20 years against known terrorists and murderers.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are roughly 350,000 “drone strikes” in the womb each year in the US. That exceeds the thousands of drone strikes Bush, Obama and Trump ordered over 20 years against known terrorists and murderers.

Conservatives could make some headway on getting those numbers down if they started listening to public health and other scientific professionals about what policies work ; and then purged their ranks of the misogynists and sexual authoritarians who continue to insist on punishment being their primary focus.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Conservatives could make some headway on getting those numbers down if they started listening to public health and other scientific professionals about what policies work ; and then purged their ranks of the misogynists and sexual authoritarians who continue to insist on punishment being their primary focus.

As I said before, this quote by Sister Joan Chittister (Catholic Nun) correctly summarizes the majority of the conservative pro-life movement... "I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is." (Quote Source)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was that to be a rebuttal or an exhibition of postmodern words.

• Agree
Reactions: Athanasius377
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I said before, this quote by Sister Joan Chittister (Catholic Nun) correctly summarizes the majority of the conservative pro-life movement...
There is no surprise Sister Chittister is pro abortion. She makes her views clear.

I suppose her logic is to kill a child in the womb is better just in case parents or single moms don’t qualify for Medicaid, EBT, housing vouchers and unemployment. Or maybe she forgot that Catholic charities already meet these needs as do churches all over the country. Maybe she forgot about that.

What strikes me as interesting is responses to posts like the one you posited, I usually post a long list of Christian charities (all denominations) which provide before birth and after the birth support for mother and child. Not going to do it. Why? Because the answers I usually get from Christians here is “I don’t know what my church is doing” or “I’m not in a church.” Which tells me quite a lot. So my advice is find out what you and your church are doing before you poke other Christians in the eye.

Sister Chittister is pro abortion and a socialist. Of course she is going to poke the very eyes of Christians who are actually helping women keep their babies instead of aborting and sent to a landfill. And she is poking in the eye the very Sisters in her own church who instead of parroting socialist propaganda are taking out their servants towel and actually doing the work.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Was that to be a rebuttal or an exhibition of postmodern words.

Uh, neither.

I’m sympathetic to the pro-life cause and I think they could make a pretty solid case on the same arguments that progressives have used for civil rights. But they’re hampered by at least a few things, including:

The fact that most of the adherents are absolutely clueless about science and public policy. They’re coming at it from a religiously-influenced moral perspective, which isn’t necessarily a problem in and of itself, but it doesn’t equip them to convince anybody outside of their religion and it doesn’t inform them of other policies that might help them achieve their goals.

There are a lot of misogynists and/or puritanical authoritarians on the right who, despite all their claims of supporting children, would really love nothing more than to codify into law punishments for those they see as guilty of certain (often sexual) sins. The abortion issue (as with many hot button issues) involves balancing the rights of one group against those of another and figuring out where best to draw the line between them. It’s very hard to concede ground on your side when you don’t believe the other side is acting in good faith.

FWIW, I don’t think the pro-choice side is much better. But I think the pro-life side has been failing worse despite having a somewhat easier case to make.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.