Every generation claims the second coming in its time.

contrabar

Sep 18, 2009
on earth :)
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not saying you're wrong...
i'm simply saying this is nothing new, and giving some history as to why this theory was possibly dismissed so quickly...

keep in mind that premillennialism was later dismissed in Christianity during the early centuries as a Jewish myth, and was taught against it throughout the years, and yet it's now taught enthusiastically...

the point, here is that Christ is coming back soon...
they just weren't informed enough in their numbers.

but the one thing they didn't teach was imminency as it is taught today... what they taught was expectancy.

Upvote 0
N

nowfaith86

this teaching fo the six day theory is even found in the Epistle of Barnabas....

The epistle of Barnabas is not biblical either....Let me quote the epistle of Barnabas for you......

Barnabas 4:7-8
Ours it is; but they lost it in this way for ever, when Moses had
just received it. For the scripture saith;
And Moses was in the
mountain fasting forty days and forty nights, and he received the
covenant from the Lord, even tablets of stone written with the
finger of the hand of the Lord.
But they lost it by turning unto idols. For thus saith the Lord; Moses, Moses, come down quickly; for thy people whom thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt hath done unlawfully. And
Moses understood, and threw the two tables from his hands; and their
covenant was broken in pieces, that the covenant of the beloved Jesus
might be sealed unto our hearts in the hope which springeth from
faith in Him.

This says that God no longer has a covenant with Israel, and that the covenant with Israel was broken in Moses time, but this denies then the Davidic Covenant and the writings of Paul in Romans etc...that show that God is not done with Israel.

The entire "epistle" is an attack on Jews which was rare in early Christian literature......Most theologins and historians do not credit the book to Barnabas of the Bible......

I would not build my belief on this false book but rather on the Bible alone....

Instructions of Commodianus, LXXIX

This writing also said Nero was the anti-Christ and contradicted itself. He says it will be 6000 years then says it will be in His lifetime.....again I would not take this to build a belief on......

The same could be said for all of these writers...man can miss it....we must take scripture alone as the basis for our beliefs

God Bless

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not saying you're wrong...
i'm simply saying this is nothing new, and giving some history as to why this theory was possibly dismissed so quickly...

keep in mind that premillennialism was later dismissed in Christianity during the early centuries as a Jewish myth, and was taught against it throughout the years, and yet it's now taught enthusiastically...

the point, here is that Christ is coming back soon...
they just weren't informed enough in their numbers.

but the one thing they didn't teach was imminency as it is taught today... what they taught was expectancy.

No matter where in History these facts are considered, there can be no doubt that Jesus Christ intends to return in the year 2,000RE. Our task is to determine what watch that year is to be found.

Upvote 0

contrabar

Sep 18, 2009
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God Bless
I don't build my belief on the Epistle of Barnabas either...
the point of posting the epistle of Barnabas was showing the reflection of what was being taught and what was accepted as truth at the time... even post-tribulationism is reflected in other non-canonical writings as well... read the Shephard of Hermas, or the Epistle of Barnabas, or the Constitutions of the Holy Apostles, or the Didache...

i choose to know about this stuff because it helps me in my faith to know... now if I believe in this six day theory or not, i don't know... i personally hope not... i'm hoping that i don't have to wait another 18 years to meet my Lord and Savior.

that's just me though

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't build my belief on the Epistle of Barnabas either...
the point of posting the epistle of Barnabas was showing the reflection of what was being taught and what was accepted as truth at the time... even poist-tribulationism is reflected in other noncanonical writigns as well... read the Shephard of Hermas, or the Epistle of Barnabas, or the Constitutions of the Holy Apostles, or the Didache...

i choose to know about this stuff because it helps me in my faith to know... now if I believe in this six day theory or not, i don't know... i personally hope not... i'm hoping that i don't have to wait another 18 years to meet my Lord and Savior.

that's just me though
It's 16 years and 11 months. Don't worry about that, your head will more than likely have been cut off by the Muslims well before the Second Coming.

All this talk about the supposed "6 day theory" is a RUSE, for which I'm not concerned with. Can we please focus? God's mapping is for the Second Coming to occur in the year 2,000RE, period ! That being exactly 6,000 years after the Garden expulsion.

As far as can be determined, that watch will be in or around the year 2027AD. Not proofreading, so yea, hope it's ok.

Upvote 0

contrabar

Sep 18, 2009
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

No matter where in History these facts are considered, there can be no doubt that Jesus Christ intends to return in the year 2,000RE. Our task is to determine what watch that year is to be found.
oh, I absolutely agree with you that Jesus Christ is coming quickly, and will come again very soon... look at what's going on around us with the new world order, and all of this talk of one world government, peace and security, one world currency, etc, etc...

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I suppose you understand these words you typed assures our brotherhood.

:groupray: rob&friends
Peace and blessings be upon you brother rob,

I humbly look forward to our embrace at His most Holy Inauguration!

Peace be upon him, who is looking up at that most glorious time when our Mighty Battle King Composes the Hallelujah!!

Sons and daughters of ALmighty, bless the Lord,
Praise and exalt Him above all forever!

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
oh, I absolutely agree with you that Jesus Christ is coming quickly, and will come again very soon... look at what's going on around us with the new world order, and all of this talk of one world government, peace and security, one world currency, etc, etc...
contrabar,
Jesus, while in the temple prophesied of His Second Coming and of the things that happens during the Tribulation and there after from Matthew 21:12 to the end of Matthew 23:39

Matthew 21:12
12And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Matthew 24:1-3
1And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

In the above 3rd verse, the disciples are referring to the things Jesus prophesied while in the temple.

It is from Matthew 24:4 to the end of Matthew 25:46 that Jesus speaks more intimately to His disciples concerning His temple prophecies and answers the question concerning His Second Coming.

I'm asking, could it be argued that all such prophesy is reserved for the Tribulation Era and beyond and not before then? I mean, it's impossible to substantiate any event occurring between Christ's Resurrection and the Great Tribulation as being fulfillment of prophesy no matter how fervently we wish to point to it as such. For many, this position might seem like heresy, but there is a huge difference between the era from 33RE to 1993RE and the era from 1993RE to 2000RE.

Unlike the previous era, the era from 1993RE to 2000RE will surely provide no doubt of prophesy fulfillment.

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
B1inHim:

#61 http://www.christianforums.com/t7408441-7/#post53626440

You soon begun to change your opinion from mine and others posts, but you would not admit you were wrong and even now deny having said it.

You not only said that the day of the Lord is 1000 years long, you said the day is preceeded by the earth being burned up (a major melt down)

You soon changed your mind on that one too, you don't admit your wrongs but instead go further and deny having said them.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

bump B1inHim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
N

nowfaith86

It's 16 years and 11 months.

Prove it biblically please.

Don't worry about that, your head will more than likely have been cut off by the Muslims well before the Second Coming.

Not just by the Muslims, many of all different religions will do this.

All this talk about the supposed "6 day theory" is a RUSE, for which I'm not concerned with. Can we please focus? God's mapping is for the Second Coming to occur in the year 2,000RE, period ! That being exactly 6,000 years after the Garden expulsion.

We are focusing, you cannot believe that the Second coming is in the year "2000RE" as you call it (a name that is not real time, I might add) is to believe in the 6 day theory......If the 6 day theory is not biblical, then Jesus is not necessarily coming in 2000RE.....

You seem more intent on promoting your belief and theory than the Bible.

You do not seem to be cocerned with talking about what the Bible says on the issue, but rather promoting your own opinions....

Show me a verse or passage that says Jesus is coming back at the start of the 7th God Day (which is only called that if you believe in the 6-day theory). There is not one single verse that says it.....it is speculation that Jesus is coming in 2000 RE, NOT FACT.....no matter how much you insist it is.......

As far as can be determined, that watch will be in or around the year 2027AD. Not proofreading, so yea, hope it's ok.

Even if it could be determined that watch will be in or around the year 2027AD (I do not believe that can be determined with any certainty) but even if it could, it can not be determined biblically that Jesus has decided to come back in that watch.....that is speculation and opinion that you or anyone else have thusfar not been able to prove biblically.

God Bless

Upvote 0

contrabar

Sep 18, 2009
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
contrabar,
Jesus, while in the temple prophesied of His Second Coming and of the things that happens during the Tribulation and there after from Matthew 21:12 to the end of Matthew 23:39
Matthew 21:12
12And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Matthew 24:1-3
1And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

In the above 3rd verse, the disciples are referring to the things Jesus prophesied while in the temple.

It is from Matthew 24:4 to the end of Matthew 25:46 that Jesus speaks more intimately to His disciples concerning His temple prophecies and answers the question concerning His Second Coming.

I'm asking, could it be argued that all such prophesy is reserved for the Tribulation Era and beyond and not before then? I mean, it's impossible to substantiate any event occurring between Christ's Resurrection and the Great Tribulation as being fulfillment of prophesy no matter how fervently we wish to point to it as such. For many, this position might seem like heresy, but there is a huge difference between the era from 33RE to 1993RE and the era from 1993RE to 2000RE.

Unlike the previous era, the era from 1993RE to 2000RE will surely provide no doubt of prophesy fulfillment.
so... what is it that you're trying to tell me?

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
bump B1inHim
BUMP?
Here is the statement that you clearly do NOT understand. BECAUSE IT was MISQUOTED by ME and NOT explained as it should have been.
The day of the Lord is proceeded by a major melt down... that "day" is 1,000 years of man-days... That happens only once and that is right here:::
Rev. 20:2-7 (KJV)
OBVIOUSLY I am not talking about the same things in the same context...
After reading that post. WHICH I did not lie about...

The Day of the Lord is proceeded by the melt down that happens with the 6th seal which is the same thing as what Matthew 24:29.

I misquoted the verse, it should have been:

that Revelation verse should have not been in there at all.

You said "You not only said that the day of the Lord is 1000 years long, you said the day is proceeded by the earth being burned up (a major melt down)"

And I say that you misunderstood me because I didn't explain myself . EDITED*
I know what I was saying and pasted the wrong verse.

I have not "changed my opinion" nor shown it to be changed.

Instead of sharing this mistake with me, you more or less called me a fraud. Which is a liar. Which is a false teacher.
You act like this is some contest.

Pre-Tribulational teaching is incorrect
Here are the two points of being incorrect
Rev. 5:9-10.
Who is singing this song?
4 Living Bewings and 24 Elders only

Rev. 4:1 who is being called up?
Apostle John only

"Bump B1inHim"??????? :)I don't know "bump":)

Please, please, next time you have an issue with something concerning what I have said. Find it and refresh my memory before you take up all this time and energy in front of all these brothers and sisters.

This is my statement.
The "harpazo" takes place right after the moon and sun become like blood red and sackcloth in their light.
That is the same thing that both Lord Jesus says in Matt 24 and Apostle John says in Rev 6.

The Body of Christ who are "harpazoed and resurrected” as is written in I Cor 15 and I Thes 4, end up in heaven, in front of the Throne of The Lamb in Rev 7.

This group does not return to this planet for the 1,000 year Sabbath.

They stay in heaven.

They are not the army who comes back with Lord Jesus in Rev 19.

This planet and everything that it is in, passes away and a new heaven and earth replace it.

There is a 1,500 cubic hundred-mile city called the New Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from GOD and Lord Jesus is the Temple of it and the light of it will be from the Lamb and His glory.

There will be other nations to rule over after this is all over and dung with.

Garry2,
What I wrote in the post that you showed us was misleading because I typoed scripture. Thank you for pointing that out.

I apologize for any confusion that it may have caused you.

This is not some battle that we are in between and amongst ourselves and I am NOT speaking of just you and I.
There are unseen principalities and powers, rulers of the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness in heavenly places that are at work among all of us, saved and unsaved.

So no matter when we go, it is up to each and every individual to make ready for the long night that we are in. No matter how long it is, even IF it happens to last till the VERY VERY end of the GT.
Getting and remaining prepared is what Lord Jesus was most concerned about...

After all, He only mentioned this return for us, once that I am sure of and filled all the gaps with warnings and teachings... Matthew 24, which is Mark 13, which is Luke 21... and He only mentioned the tares and goats a few time too.

So no matter who is right

(And this obsession for "who is right" will most likely continue all the way till He actually does in fact return)

No matter who is right, it all boils down to being right with GOD...

Matthew 7:21 (KJV)

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

We must do the will of GOD.

And His will starts here

Matthew 7:24-27 (KJV)

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: [25] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. [26] And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: [27] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Thank You Lord... GLORY to GOD!!!

Love,
Brother Jerry

Last edited:
Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
BUMP?
Here is the statement that you clearly do NOT understand. BECAUSE IT was MISQUOTED by ME and NOT explained as it should have been.
The day of the Lord is proceeded by a major melt down... that "day" is 1,000 years of man-days... That happens only once and that is right here:::
Rev. 20:2-7 (KJV)
OBVIOUSLY I am not talking about the same things in the same context...
After reading that post. WHICH I did not lie about...

The Day of the Lord is proceeded by the melt down that happens with the 6th seal which is the same thing as what Matthew 24:29.

I misquoted the verse, it should have been:

that Revelation verse should have not been in there at all.

You said "You not only said that the day of the Lord is 1000 years long, you said the day is proceeded by the earth being burned up (a major melt down)"

And I say that you misunderstood me because I didn't explain myself . EDITED*
I know what I was saying and pasted the wrong verse.

I have not "changed my opinion" nor shown it to be changed.

Instead of sharing this mistake with me, you more or less called me a fraud. Which is a liar. Which is a false teacher.
You act like this is some contest.

Pre-Tribulational teaching is incorrect
Here are the two points of being incorrect
Rev. 5:9-10.
Who is singing this song?
4 Living Bewings and 24 Elders only

Rev. 4:1 who is being called up?
Apostle John only

"Bump B1inHim"??????? :)I don't know "bump":)

Please, please, next time you have an issue with something concerning what I have said. Find it and refresh my memory before you take up all this time and energy in front of all these brothers and sisters.

This is my statement.
The "harpazo" takes place right after the moon and sun become like blood red and sackcloth in their light.
That is the same thing that both Lord Jesus says in Matt 24 and Apostle John says in Rev 6.

The Body of Christ who are "harpazoed and resurrected” as is written in I Cor 15 and I Thes 4, end up in heaven, in front of the Throne of The Lamb in Rev 7.

This group does not return to this planet for the 1,000 year Sabbath.

They stay in heaven.

They are not the army who comes back with Lord Jesus in Rev 19.

This planet and everything that it is in, passes away and a new heaven and earth replace it.

There is a 1,500 cubic hundred-mile city called the New Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from GOD and Lord Jesus is the Temple of it and the light of it will be from the Lamb and His glory.

There will be other nations to rule over after this is all over and dung with.

Garry2,
What I wrote in the post that you showed us was misleading because I typoed scripture. Thank you for pointing that out.

I apologize for any confusion that it may have caused you.

This is not some battle that we are in between and amongst ourselves and I am NOT speaking of just you and I.
There are unseen principalities and powers, rulers of the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness in heavenly places that are at work among all of us, saved and unsaved.

So no matter when we go, it is up to each and every individual to make ready for the long night that we are in. No matter how long it is, even IF it happens to last till the VERY VERY end of the GT.
Getting and remaining prepared is what Lord Jesus was most concerned about...

After all, He only mentioned this return for us, once that I am sure of and filled all the gaps with warnings and teachings... Matthew 24, which is Mark 13, which is Luke 21... and He only mentioned the tares and goats a few time too.

So no matter who is right

(And this obsession for "who is right" will most likely continue all the way till He actually does in fact return)

No matter who is right, it all boils down to being right with GOD...

Matthew 7:21 (KJV)

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

We must do the will of GOD.

And His will starts here

Matthew 7:24-27 (KJV)

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: [25] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. [26] And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: [27] And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Thank You Lord... GLORY to GOD!!!

Love,
Brother Jerry

No there was no typo, unless you call three distinct sentences a typo.

The day of the Lord is preceeded by a major melt down... that "day" is 1,000 years of man days...
post #61 http://www.christianforums.com/t7408441-7/#post53626440

One day of the Lord, many actions take place during that 1,000 years...

In context, it is 1,000 years and not just a "day"
post #63

no not a typo, three distinct sentences. and you cannot admit a wrong, it seems.
Lies lead to more lies, i believe that is a saying, one has to keep lying to cover up previous lies, it seems.
What say you on that?
The fact that you avoided answering until i kept insisting an answer speaks volums, i think.

Ther is a verse that goes something like:
They do as they like, they think He dosn't see them.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
so... what is it that you're trying to tell me?
contrabar,
Every generation claims the Second Coming in its time, yet our Lord tarries. Vanity would tell us that because we live now and on account of that significance, the Second Coming must occur "soon", i.e. before "I" pass from this world. In support of this vanity, evidence of fulfilled prophesy must be sited at all cost. For centuries, many evangelists have insisted on preaching prophesy fulfillment in their time as a money making stunt. It's akin to stage healing ministries and most hideous, the preaching of how all around us are going to hell. It becomes especially offensive when Tribulation-time prophesy is moved out of its place just to satisfy this ambition. To believe the Great Tribulation and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will occur "soon" after "soon" after "soon", taking soon to mean "in my lifetime", is vanity as it always has been, but to study prophesy relative to time is a different matter. In what watch should Christians be vigilant?

Trying to connect the dots, it would appear to have been determined before time that Jesus Christ's Second Coming should take place in or around the year 2027AD or 2000RE, exactly 6,000 years after our first sin in the Garden, the end of the 6th day. From all that is known, the two events most reliable to use as points of reference is the birth of Christ and/or His Resurrection. But it must be determined which of the two is used by God that arrived exactly 4,000 years after that first Garden sin. If the birth of Christ is used, then the Second Coming is calculated in or around the year 1994AD or 1973RE. Obviously this rules out the birth of Christ as the point of reference in determining at what watch to be vigilant. So, could it be that Christ's Resurrection should be that crucial event that God used to crown the end of the 4th day? If so, and thank God Almighty for it, then the Second Coming is calculated in around the year 2000RE or 2027AD, placing the start of the Great Tribulation in or around the year 1993RE or 2020AD. (by the way, today's date is 12/09/2009AD or 12/09/1982RE)

Why would God deny His faithful the ability to understand what watch should bring vigilance for what has been prophesied? "understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into"(excerpt from Matthew 24:43) And why should sin of vanities permit false prophets to confuse the Living Word of God? "the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him"(excerpt from Matthew 24:44).

Keep hope. It proved not to be 2000AD, it will prove not to be 2012AD. With what does our Heavenly Father keep his torch of hope and promise burning?
Deuteronomy 6:2
[2] so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the LORD your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Even if it could be determined that watch will be in or around the year 2027AD (I do not believe that can be determined with any certainty) but even if it could, it can not be determined biblically that Jesus has decided to come back in that watch.....that is speculation and opinion that you or anyone else have thusfar not been able to prove biblically.
:mmh:
Do you mistake my purpose? Am I here to educate or to commune with sisters and brothers in the Spirit for inspiration?
:eheh:
I am not a prophet and should not be battled as a false prophet. Can we believe that where there is blindness among the unbeliever, that it is because they have not the Holy Spirit? And what is the purpose of the Spirit, if not to grant the believer the advantage of Holy Inspiration.
:idea1:
I come to you with that Inspiration found through my faith in hopes that it might be confirmed by the Inspiration found through yours and through the faith of all my sisters and brothers here who might be so lead.
:study:
The dots that I site are all thoroughly quoted scripturally. The connecting of these dots is the subject for a faith filled life.
Will nowfaith86 help? :cool1:

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What does the year 2027 mean to you?
Not much. I think it’s about 500 man-years short of Christ second coming. I tend to lean toward the year 2527, give or take a few years. Of course by then we all here would be old and dead.
2 Peter 3:8
8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

1,000 man-years equals 1 God-day, where 6 days of Creation plus the 7th day of rest correlates to 7,000 man-years(7 God-days) with relevance to the 7 seals in the Book of Revelation. The day of rest begins after the end of the 6,000th man-year(6th God-day) and is referred to as the Millennium, equaling 1,000 man-years(1 God-day).
I can live with that.
Adam was commanded to die the same God-day he disobeyed God. He died after living 930 man-years, well within that 1st God-day, providing perfect confirmation of 2nd Peter 3:8 cited above.

Genesis 2:17
17But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
This kinda makes sense.
After the end of the first 1,000 man-years(first God-day) and 3,000 additional man-years(3 additional God-days), Jesus' Resurrection as Savior ushers in the beginning of the 5,000th man-year(5th God-day), 4,000 man-years(4 God-days) after the garden expulsion.
Really?
2,000 man-years(2 God-days) later, man's toil will end 6,000 man-years(6 God-days) after man received the curse due to man's first sin in the garden.
Okay, but why are we to conclude that Christ’ death and resurrection occurred at the end of 4,000 man-years (the end of the 4th God-day)? What is the biblical evidence that supports this hypothesis? Perhaps those events occurred in the middle of the 4th millennium, in the middle of the 4th God-day.

For example, there is a prophecy in Daniel that says, “Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself...He shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering” (Dan 9:26-27).

There are some who believe this prophecy refers to Christ’ new covenant ministry to the Jews. He brought an end to the Jewish animal sacrifices and offerings through the sacrificial offering of His own body on the Cross.

If this prophecy does refer to Christ’ ministry (and I believe it does) this would explain why Christ’ new covenant ministry lasted for 3 ½ years. With a prophetic week being 7 years (a day for each year) then Christ being “cut off” (or crucified) in the “middle of the week” would be 3 ½ years into the week, just as the prophecy says: “Messiah shall be cut off...in the middle of the week...”, 3 ½ years into His new covenant ministry.

This might also have been illustrated by the fact that Christ was also crucified in the middle of a literal week, about 3 ½ days into the week, a Wednesday (not Friday), the Jewish Passover day, at mid-day, about the 6th hour (12 pm) (Joh 19:14-18).

This 3 ½ period of time the bible often refers to could also point to the possibility that Christ could have been “cut off”, or crucified, 3 ½ thousand (3,500) man-years into the 7,000 man-year week (in the middle of the 7 God-day week), which would bring us to the middle of the 4th millennium, assuming the garden expulsion began year one.

2,000 man-years (or 2 God-days) later would bring us to 5,500 man-years (or 5 ½ God-days) since the garden expulsion, placing us in about the year 2027AD.

5,500 man-years, or the year 2027AD, would place us 500 man-years into the middle of the 6th millennium, (the 6th God-day) with another 500 man-years to go before the 6th millennium ends and the 7th millennium begins.

If the year 2027AD is indeed 5,500 man-years (or 5 ½ God-days) since the garden expulsion then we could be looking at another 500 man-years, to the year 2527AD, before Christ second coming at the end of the 6th millennium to usher in the beginning of the 7th millennium, the final millennial Sabbath on the 7th God-day. This would mean Christ second coming is not any time soon, at least not in our lifetime.

This theory is based on the many scriptural uses of the term 3 ½ periods of time, sometimes referred to in scripture as “a time, and times, and half a time” as in Dan 12:7 and Rev 12:14.

The theory is also based on other biblical observations, including the mentioned Daniel prophecy: “Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself...in the middle of the week...” (Dan 9:26-27). In the middle of a prophetic week is 3 ½ years.
Jesus does not reveal the exact time of his second coming, but we must heed God's timetable of Creation to arrive "in or around" the year of these events

Matthew 24:42-44
42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh
Since a God-day is 1,000 years, as you say, if we divided that God-day into 24 God-hours then a God-hour would be about 41.6 years.

Therefore the verses would read:

42Watch therefore: for ye know not which 41.6 years your Lord doth come.
44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such a 41.6 years as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

I think 41.6 years should buy us enough time to get things right before He cometh.
Three ways God's Will toward man adds up.
(1) 6 days of creation plus the 7th day of rest.
(2) 6 seals plus the 7th seal when Satan is bound for 1,000 years.
(3) 6,000 years of man's mortality plus the 1,000 year Millennium = 7,000 years.
One way God’s will toward man also add up.
(1) Christ covenant ministry to the Hebrews was for one (7 man-year) week, or 7 years. Christ was “cut off” (or crucified) in the middle of the week after 3 ½ man-years. Christ covenant ministry to the Hebrews continued for another 3 ½ man-years through the Church (Paul and Barnabas specifically), finally ending when the Hebrews rejected Paul’s teachings (Act 13:46). This completed the (7 man-year) week, or 7 year covenant.

(1) Christ covenant ministry to Mankind was for one (7 God-day) week, or 7,000 man-years. Christ was “cut off” (or crucified) in the middle of the week after 3 ½ God-days (or 3,500 man-years). Christ covenant ministry to Mankind continues for another 3 ½ God-days (another 3,500 man-years) through the Church, finally ending on the Day of Judgment (Rev 20:12-15). This completes the (7 God-day) week, or 7,000 man-year covenant.
For the sake of welcoming the Holy Spirit for guidance, rdc
Amen. :amen:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Okay, but why are we to conclude that Christ’ death and resurrection occurred at the end of 4,000 man-years (the end of the 4th God-day)? What is the biblical evidence that supports this hypothesis? Perhaps those events occurred in the middle of the 4th millennium, in the middle of the 4th God-day.
You make a critical point here. The genealogy put fourth throughout Holy Scripture is fairly extensive if not tidy. If I may, I suggest you purchase the very affordable "Adams Syn Chronological Chart or Map of History", also "World History Chart In Accordance With Bible Chronology". The latter resource has recently removed indications along the outer ring, matching the 6 seals with each of the 1,000 year periods. The publisher told me they considered that feature to be inappropriately prophetic. Both charts give and accurate time line of events, showing Christ's Resurrection occurring 4004 years after Garden expulsion. I highly recommend both.

Consider that 500 years earlier, Jesus Christ would have been crucified during the beginning of the Persian Empire and during Abiud's life being the 16th direct descendant of Solomon with 9 more generations to Joseph the carpenter. Also 3,500 years after the Garden expulsion Daniel had just been cast into the lions den and the book of Malachi hadn't been written until a hundred years later. It doesn't seem prudent that the offering of salvation occurred anywhere near that period.
For example, there is a prophecy in Daniel that says, “Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself...He shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering”.
Most interesting that you would bring this up. Google "The Jubilee Hypothesis". I'm very interested in the two Messianic Jews who claim divine revelation concerning Daniel 9:24-27 and from this also arriving at the year 2027 as the Second Coming.
Since a God-day is 1,000 years, as you say, if we divided that God-day into 24 God-hours then a God-hour would be about 41.6 years.

Therefore the verses would read:

42Watch therefore: for ye know not which 41.6 years your Lord doth come.
44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such a 41.6 years as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

I think 41.6 years should buy us enough time to get things right before He cometh.
Yes, I have looked at this and concur in principle.
One way God’s will toward man also add up.
(1) Christ covenant ministry to the Hebrews was for one (7 man-year) week, or 7 years. Christ was “cut off” (or crucified) in the middle of the week after 3 ½ man-years. Christ covenant ministry to the Hebrews continued for another 3 ½ man-years through the Church (Paul and Barnabas specifically), finally ending when the Hebrews rejected Paul’s teachings. This completed the (7 man-year) week, or 7 year covenant.

(1) Christ covenant ministry to Mankind was for one (7 God-day) week, or 7,000 man-years. Christ was “cut off” (or crucified) in the middle of the week after 3 ½ God-days (or 3,500 man-years). Christ covenant ministry to Mankind continues for another 3 ½ God-days (another 3,500 man-years) through the Church, finally ending on the Day of Judgment. This completes the (7 God-day) week, or 7,000 man-year covenant.
These are beautiful hypotheses and I do appreciate the adherence of the conventions set forth. How they fit still perplex me. I am, after all, a most simple thinker, but, what wonderful food for thought!

Thank you for sharing an extraordinary investment of your devotion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
K

kotel

rdcast
We are together on the general time frame of Christ’s return based on the 6 days of calamities for mankind followed by the 7th day of rest for God’s creation. Every one should realize our understanding of Scripture does not reveal a precise year for the second coming, only an approximate time this present age ends when Christ returns to judge the world and set up his kingdom.

I have several books on the chronology of Christ’s life and have come up with different dates for the his Birth and Crucifixion. I have his birth in 8 BC when a census was taken through out the Roman Empire and his crucifixion in the spring of 33 AD when he was almost 40 years of age. From 1BC to 1 AD is one year, there is not a “0” year between the two, the number of years is 40, not 41.

Exactly 2,000 years from his birth is 2007 and 2,000 years from his crucifixion is 2033, which is close to your 27 AD date. Another important year in Christ’s life is when he gave the Olivet Discourse to his disciples in March of 31, this year would result in 2031as the end of this age (Mt 24:3).

A more likely year for his return can be obtained by determining the number of years for the generation that will not all pass away before all the things in Mt 24, Mk 13 and Lk 21 are fulfilled (Mt 24:34). I believe when Israel became a nation again in 1947 was the beginning for one of the two generations spoken of by Jesus. The two most common numbers for the length of a generation are 40 years and 70 years. Forty years from 1947 has passed, a 70 year generation ending in 2017 is still possible. To claim 2017 is the actual year of his return, a person would need verification from Scripture.

The other generation Jesus had in mind was his generation of 40 years that began when he gave the Olivet Discourse March of 31 and ended with Jerusalem’s destruction by the Romans July, 70 AD. Mt. 24 has a duel fulfillment in the 70 AD year and future the day of the Lord.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have several books on the chronology of Christ’s life and have come up with different dates for the his Birth and Crucifixion. I have his birth in 8 BC when a census was taken through out the Roman Empire and his crucifixion in the spring of 33 AD when he was almost 40 years of age. From 1BC to 1 AD is one year, there is not a “0” year between the two, the number of years is 40, not 41.
Well, I'm absolutely with you on this. I subtract 6 years as a mean between 4 to 8 years from the Gregorian date for His birth, so it's totally within reason to believe that Christ's return should be between 2025AD to 2036AD considering a possible age at Resurrection spread of between 33 to 40 years of age. More importantly tho is that the end of the 4th day be placed at Christ's Resurrection and not at His birth.

A more likely year for his return can be obtained by determining the number of years for the generation that will not all pass away before all the things in Mt 24, Mk 13 and Lk 21 are fulfilled (Mt 24:34). I believe when Israel became a nation again in 1947 was the beginning for one of the two generations spoken of by Jesus. The two most common numbers for the length of a generation are 40 years and 70 years. Forty years from 1947 has passed, a 70 year generation ending in 2017 is still possible. To claim 2017 is the actual year of his return, a person would need verification from Scripture.
Now this is just scary! If accepted and becomes the real truth, then the Great Tribulation will begin in as few as 1 month!!! I for one am NOT ready for that.

You scare me = ( but only because you make some great points, thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0