Everlasting Life!

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
John 5:24: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

Notice the present possessive tense. Hath everlasting life. Not something you wait for and get after you die. You have it NOW.

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟15,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It has an effect, it's hard to explain though, it has to do with assurance, we have eternal life now through Jesus, so there's no worry about death (it won't be the end, we won't screw up before that) I don't know if I explained it well

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
The rest and assurance that our souls are eternal, and we will one day be with our Father in Heaven and spend an eternity with him. Away from all the evil that exists in the world. We are granted an everlasting life the moment we accept him. Nothing has the power to take it from us.

His love and peace dwells within us as we live our life here on earth today. His love is more amazing than anything! But in order to know his love and just how awesome it truly is, you must first accept him.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Today at 12:04 AM GraftMeIn said this in Post #7

Keep in mind that once you die in the flesh, it will be too late to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus came to grant us.

I will keep in mind that you believe that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Today at 03:08 PM Freodin said this in Post #8

I will keep in mind that you believe that.

Oh goodie! then please also keep in mind that I believe it because it comes from Gods Word, and I believe Gods Word because I have reason to believe it. When we have a personal relationship with Jesus, and experience his love it's hard not to believe. It's just as real as anything else if not more so.

Jesus He has given you an open invitation to get to know him in the very same way.

Upvote 0

jayebrownlee

Senior Veteran
Jul 23, 2002
Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
✟18,244.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
6th April 2003 at 08:35 AM Gerry said this in Post #1

John 5:24: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

Notice the present possessive tense. Hath everlasting life. Not something you wait for and get after you die. You have it NOW.

My fiancé's minister did his sermon on 1 John 5 and he says somethign similar there in verse 13

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

we have assurance of these things now, it is done and does not need to be done in the future!!

Thank you Father!!

Jay

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 02:58 AM jayemcintyre said this in Post #14

My fiancé's minister did his sermon on 1 John 5 and he says somethign similar there in verse 13

we have assurance of these things now, it is done and does not need to be done in the future!!

Thank you Father!!

Jay

Amen! I love also the assurance in I Peter 1:23: "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."

What assurance that we are born of incorruptible seed that lives and abides forever! WOW! It is always sad that some people do not understand how long forever is. I saw a girl on TV not long ago who does not think it is long at all, apparently, because for a young girl, she says she has been saved over 300 times. WOW! So her forever has ended at least 299 times. LOL

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Today at 05:47 AM GraftMeIn said this in Post #12

Oh goodie! then please also keep in mind that I believe it because it comes from Gods Word, and I believe Gods Word because I have reason to believe it. When we have a personal relationship with Jesus, and experience his love it's hard not to believe. It's just as real as anything else if not more so.

Jesus He has given you an open invitation to get to know him in the very same way.

Well, call me arrogant, but I do not see why some people should get a special treatment in regard to religion.

Jesus never gave me an invitation - those who call theirself his followers did. And I have very good reasons not to trust some of them.

Nothing against you, I believe that you are sincere and have only my best interests in mind. But the company you keep is lacking in good manners.

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
Today at 08:56 AM Freodin said this in Post #17

Well, call me arrogant, but I do not see why some people should get a special treatment in regard to religion.

Jesus never gave me an invitation - those who call theirself his followers did. And I have very good reasons not to trust some of them.

Nothing against you, I believe that you are sincere and have only my best interests in mind. But the company you keep is lacking in good manners.

I know you're heaps cool, great and heaps cool. :)

Jesus' word is enough for me.

I understand how you feel though because i've been through it once. Maybe not to your extent but nevertheless i have. :)

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Today at 02:56 PM Freodin said this in Post #17

No one gets special treatment God loves us each the same. Even you!

Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Oh but Jesus did give you an invitation, It is written in Gods Word, You just haven't opened it up and read it yet. And by what you've said here, I guess you will also understand why God tells us in His Word not to trust in others, but only in Him. He will teach you the truth himself if you ask him to.

Jeremiah 9:4
Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders.

Psalms 118:8
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

In the end there's only one you'll have to answer to and that's God. Who I keep company with, or who I am will have bearing on what happens to you.

Romans 14:12
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 01:02 AM fully said this in Post #13

Yes I totally agree! We have it now and we should be telling others their opportunity to have it as well!

:D

Indeed! And that is what Jesus has called us to do!

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Upvote 0