USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Many Christian brethren are confused by all the misinformation of men's doctrines taught in the Churches today. Like our Lord Jesus showed His disciples about the 12 baskets of bread fragments gathered up after feeding the five thousand, He warned them of the doctrines of the Pharisees and Sadduccees (Matt.16:6-12). The five loaves represent His Word. The fragments represent men's doctrines added to the original five loaves, with it all in 'fragments'. We as believers on Jesus Christ want the whole five loaves, not 12 baskets of fragments.

Those fragments today are the politically correct doctrines taught in today's Churches. One of the Biblical subjects omitted is the old split of the nation of Israel which God did in Solomon's days, and the scattering of the ten northern tribes of Israel. If the Bible student doesn't understand this history, they won't understand today's nation alignments, nor what's is getting ready to occur in Jerusalem in these last days.

1 Kings 11:28-39
28 And the man Jeroboam was a mighty man of valour: and Solomon seeing the young man that he was industrious, he made him ruler over all the charge of the house of Joseph.

Solomon had setup Jeroboam (of the tribe of Ephraim), as leader over the northern ten tribes of Israel. Solomon of the house of David of course dwelt at Jerusalem in the southern lands of Israel.

29 And it came to pass at that time when Jeroboam went out of Jerusalem, that the prophet Ahijah the Shilonite found him in the way; and he had clad himself with a new garment; and they two were alone in the field:
30 And Ahijah caught the new garment that was on him, and rent it in twelve pieces:
31 And he said to Jeroboam, "Take thee ten pieces: for thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel, Behold, I will rend the kingdom out of the hand of Solomon, and will give ten tribes to thee:
32(But he shall have one tribe for My servant David's sake, and for Jerusalem's sake, the city which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel:)"

Jeroboam was in a field, wearing a new coat, and Ahijah took it off him and tore it into 12 pieces, and then handed 10 pieces to Jeroboam. Now that would certainly get your attention if you were Jeroboam. I have no doubt God told Ahijah to do that, making sure Jeroboam would understand. The ten northern tribes God gave Jeroboam to rule over instead of Solomon. God thus rent the kingdom of Israel in two.

Notice God said He would leave one tribe at Jerusalem for Jerusalem's sake and for His servant David's sake. That would be the tribe of Judah. It would also include the tribe of Benjamin, and later the tribe of Levi, all three making up the southern kingdom apart from Jeroboam and the northern kingdom of ten tribes.

Here's why God did the split, which is even an earlier warning to Israel back in Deuteronomy 4 & 27.

33 Because that they have forsaken Me, and have worshipped Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, Chemosh the god of the Moabites, and Milcom the god of the children of Ammon, and have not walked in My ways, to do that which is right in Mine eyes, and to keep My statutes and My judgments, as did David his father.
34 Howbeit I will not take the whole kingdom out of his hand: but I will make him prince all the days of his life for David My servant's sake, whom I chose, because he kept My commandments and My statutes:
35 But I will take the kingdom out of his son's hand, and will give it unto thee, even ten tribes.
36 And unto his son will I give one tribe, that David My servant may have a light alway before Me in Jerusalem, the city which I have chosen Me to put My name there.

God then declares He will do this in the days of Solomon's son (Rehoboam). He reaffirms again that He will leave one tribe that David may have a light always before Him in Jerusalem. That again is the tribe of Judah mainly. Even a very small remnant of Judah remained in the land when Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Jerusalem and took the majority of the southern tribes captive to Babylon for 70 years.

37 And I will take thee, and thou shalt reign according to all that thy soul desireth, and shalt be king over Israel.
38 And it shall be, if thou wilt hearken unto all that I command thee, and wilt walk in My ways, and do that is right in My sight, to keep My statutes and My commandments, as David My servant did; that I will be with thee, and build thee a sure house, as I built for David, and will give Israel unto thee.
39 And I will for this afflict the seed of David, but not for ever.
KJV

Notice God then affirms to Jeroboam, that He will give him ten tribes and he shall reign according to all his soul desires, and he shall be "king over Israel". What's that about? I thought the king of Israel meant one only from the tribe of Judah and house of David? That would have be Rehoboam, Solomon's son, of the house of David, wouldn't it? So how could our Heavenly Father give the kingdom of Israel to Jeroboam, one born of the tribe of Ephraim??

Especially notice God said, "And I will for this afflict the seed of David, but nor for ever." What's that mean? Does that mean He is eventually going to join these two split groups back together again in final? YES! You read about that still future event in Ezekiel 37 regarding the two separate sticks put together, one stick for Judah and the southern kingdom, and the other stick for Joseph and the ten tribes.

In 1 Kings 12, leaders of the ten northern tribes ask Rehoboam king of Judah to ease the burden his father Solomon put on them, but Rehoboam refused and said he would make the burden even greater. So the ten tribes departed, and separated from Rehoboam and those in the south at Jerusalem:

1 Kings 12:16-20
16 So when all Israel saw that the king hearkened not unto them, the people answered the king, saying, "What portion have we in David? neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse: to your tents, O Israel: now see to thine own house, David. So Israel departed unto their tents."

17 But as for the children of Israel which dwelt in the cities of Judah, Rehoboam reigned over them.
18 Then king Rehoboam sent Adoram, who was over the tribute; and all Israel stoned him with stones, that he died. Therefore king Rehoboam made speed to get him up to his chariot, to flee to Jerusalem.

19 So Israel rebelled against the house of David unto this day.
20 And it came to pass, when all Israel heard that Jeroboam was come again, that they sent and called him unto the congregation, and made him king over all Israel: there was none that followed the house of David, but the tribe of Judah only.
KJV

When the leaders of Israel refused Rehoboam, then Rehoboam assembled the all the house of Judah and tribe of Benjamin, to fight against the "house of Israel" and bring the kingdom back together.

1 Kings 12:21-24
21 And when Rehoboam was come to Jerusalem, he assembled all the house of Judah, with the tribe of Benjamin, an hundred and fourscore thousand chosen men, which were warriors, to fight against the house of Israel, to bring the kingdom again to Rehoboam the son of Solomon.

22 But the word of God came unto Shemaiah the man of God, saying,
23 Speak unto Rehoboam, the son of Solomon, king of Judah, and unto all the house of Judah and Benjamin, and to the remnant of the people, saying,

24 Thus saith the LORD, "Ye shall not go up, nor fight against your brethren the children of Israel: return every man to his house; for this thing is from Me." They hearkened therefore to the word of the LORD, and returned to depart, according to the word of the LORD.
KJV

God then sent word to Rehoboam to not go up to battle against his brethren of "the children of Israel", for this split was of Him.

So there's yet another label for the ten northern tribes of Israel after this split. First was just "Israel" applied to the new kingdom of northern ten tribes as Jeroboam would be named "king of Israel". We were already given the "house of Joseph" label for the ten tribes with Jeroboam ruling over them which Solomon had setup before. Then just the label of "Israel" is used only for the separated ten tribes. In contrast, Solomon's son Rehoboam of the house of David is labeled as "king of Judah", and over all the "house of Judah and Benjamin". Then God refers to the ten tribes in the north as "the children of Israel" which does not include those under Rehoboam of Judah in the south. So what gives? I thought they were all of Israel???

Not according to God's Word, and His Word is being very specific about these type labels after He split the kingdom into two separate kingdoms. This is why you will find after this split separate labels like the "kingdom of Judah" and the "kingdom of Israel", each pointing to a specific group of Israelites.

Other later names in the Books of the prophets that point to these two specific separate groups in Bible prophecy:

(and remember, these labels are for after... the split of 1 Kings 11)

"Jerusalem" = house of Judah, tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi
"Ephraim" = ten northern tribed kingdom of Israel
"Israel" = only the ten northern tribed kingdom (only after... the split, remember?)
"Samaria" = only the ten northern tribe kingdom of Israel. Samaria became the capital city of the northern tribe kingdom under Jeroboam of Ephraim.
"Joseph" = only the ten northern tribe kingdom of Israel. Joseph received God's Birthright, it was then passed to His son's Ephraim and Manasseh.
"house of Judah" = only the southern kingdom of Judah under Solomon's son Rehoboam
"house of Israel" = only the ten northern tribe kingdom of Israel under Jeroboam
"king of Judah" = only southern kingdom kings
"king of Israel" = only northern kingdom kings
etc.

How many times have you read a prophecy and thought it was for all Israel? Likely a lot. Most Churches are not specific enough in God's Word on these distinctions. And there are even groups that argue against this historic separation of old Israel written in God's Word! So there are elements who do not want YOU to understand this! So beware!