catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Acts 11 there Peter is telling believers in Jerusalem about the wonderful vision and about the baptism of Cornelius in the chapter before (with water and Spirit). Prior to this Peter and many Jews didn't realize gentiles could be brought in.

(It's always good to reread scriptures, even such as Acts chapter 10 even when we feel we already know the passage, because not only are there the big messages (as above), but more things are usually there, too, which will help us in other ways about other questions.)

Upvote 0

New Birth

Jan 18, 2019
Vicksburg
✟22,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
In Acts 11 there Peter is telling believers in Jerusalem about the wonderful vision and about the baptism of Cornelius in the chapter before (with water and Spirit). Prior to this Peter and many Jews didn't realize gentiles could be brought in.
Do you think we are brought in the same way in our modern day?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean with a vision or other way of the spirit guiding someone to bring the good news to someone? Yes to that, often. It's not the only way, but it happens. We can learn the word of Christ also just by directly reading in the gospels. There are many ways someone might learn the gospel. About repentance though, we clearly hear in the gospels and in Acts, and later, the message of 'repent and believe', said in various ways, including in parts, with the famous instance of repentance in correct contrition as Christ told us in Luke 18 NIV, there in verses 9-14, how only those confessing/repenting are justified, but not those who don't repent in faith. Because of faith, we confess/repent. As in Romans chapter 3, we realize how desperately we need forgiveness through Christ.

Upvote 0