Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is it ok to share the Gospel to opposite sex?

Ya, I understand not to share in private like 1 on 1. But how bout in public let's say? Let's say I'm in the office, while we are talking, there's a lot of people around us, our workmates, is that ok? But I'm talking to one person only.

Because my fiance(A devoted Christian) is getting jealous, we set a boundary even before, we haven't any history issue of cheating, but sometimes I really get annoyed too much boundaries.

Like she said I shouldn't talk to any opposite sex, example, they shouldn't open up a problem for me, I do understand that but sometimes I cannot avoid my workmate who besides me that always talking to me because I'm a listener, sometimes I just say short answer, I know these kind of people don't have a bad intention but just want to talk to themselves when we are all free in the office, then later on in planning to share the Gospel.

So tell me guys, what do you think in my situation? What should I say to my fiance? What are those healthy boundaries for sharing the Gospel with healthy boundaries?

I'm getting stress sometimes that I think I shouldn't talk to any opposite sex. This is crazy, I know my boundaries, I don't talk to these opposite sex in private even text message or in social media, only in public for sharing the Gospel.

Most of the time, I share to same gender with me.

• Friendly
Reactions: The Liturgist

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It doesn't seem like it's wrong to me.. and I'm a woman.

I would be wary of an overly jealous woman, although I would likewise be wary of too much personal contact with other women for appearance sake.

There's a happy place that's not bad. When my daughter was dying there was a time I was at work and was falling apart after a phone call, and one of the men I worked with took me aside to the break room where there was more privacy and I cried while he held me and prayed over me and for me.

I was then able to collect myself and face the world again.

I was married at the time, but it wasn't anything particularly important... the time called for it, my husband was told after the fact but the co-worker was also a minister so it was never this big deal to anyone involved... he and my husband got along fine.

If there are continuing questions about our faith, you could always put the co-worker into contact with a mature female Christian for proprieties sake. But a small mention or two is not a big deal, you generally have to feel the situation and what it may call for.

I would worry about a women overly jealous though... those girls are more difficult to be married to.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟674,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your fiance may be insecure.

It's not a good idea to have too intimate friendships with the opposite sex which could lead to unhealthy emotional attachments. But it sounds like you are just casually talking to coworkers which is almost expected. The fact that you are getting stressed out is a sign that you are being conditioned to behave a certain way, a subtle form of brain washing.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Within Reason

Feb 21, 2020
Miles City
✟2,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Is it ok to share the Gospel to opposite sex? ...
Jesus - Example:

Joh 4:4 And he must needs go through Samaria.
Joh 4:5 Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
Joh 4:6 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.
Joh 4:7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
Joh 4:8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)
Joh 4:9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
Joh 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
Joh 4:11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
Joh 4:12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
Joh 4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
Joh 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Joh 4:15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
Joh 4:16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.
Joh 4:17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:
Joh 4:18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.
Joh 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
Joh 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Joh 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Joh 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
Joh 4:27 And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?
Joh 4:28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,
Joh 4:29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?
Joh 4:30 Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.
Joh 4:31 In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.
Joh 4:32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.
Joh 4:33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?
Joh 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
Joh 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
Joh 4:36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.
Joh 4:37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.
Joh 4:38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.
Joh 4:39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.
Joh 4:40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.
Joh 4:41 And many more believed because of his own word;
Joh 4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ya, I understand not to share in private like 1 on 1. But how bout in public let's say? Let's say I'm in the office, while we are talking, there's a lot of people around us, our workmates, is that ok? But I'm talking to one person only.

Because my fiance(A devoted Christian) is getting jealous, we set a boundary even before, we haven't any history issue of cheating, but sometimes I really get annoyed too much boundaries.

Like she said I shouldn't talk to any opposite sex, example, they shouldn't open up a problem for me, I do understand that but sometimes I cannot avoid my workmate who besides me that always talking to me because I'm a listener, sometimes I just say short answer, I know these kind of people don't have a bad intention but just want to talk to themselves when we are all free in the office, then later on in planning to share the Gospel.

So tell me guys, what do you think in my situation? What should I say to my fiance? What are those healthy boundaries for sharing the Gospel with healthy boundaries?

I'm getting stress sometimes that I think I shouldn't talk to any opposite sex. This is crazy, I know my boundaries, I don't talk to these opposite sex in private even text message or in social media, only in public for sharing the Gospel.

Most of the time, I share to same gender with me.
You shouldn't be marrying someone who doesn't trust you.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep.

See Acts 16:14-15.

"A woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple fabrics, a worshiper of God, was listening; and the Lord opened her heart to respond to the things spoken by Paul. And when she and her household had been baptized, she urged us, saying, 'If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house and stay.” And she prevailed upon us.'"
Because my fiance (a devoted Christian) is getting jealous...
That is not about the appropriateness of sharing the gospel with members of the opposite sex.

If you are engaged to be married then this is an excellent opportunity to learn/practice communication skills. There's something in your fiance's heart that she needs to express but it's not intersex evangelization.

You mention "boundaries." Have you read Henry Cloud's and John Townsend's books on boundaries. The one "Boundaries in Marriage" is an excellent tome to read in preparation for marriage. So too is "Boundaries Face to Face."

Here is a link to Google Books' copy of Matthew McKay's "Couple Skills." Read the chapter on listening, especially the section on "active listening," paraphrasing, feedback, and clarifying. See f she can identify what exactly it is that bothers her about your conduct. Resist the urge to defend or justify. Just listen. Separate the task of understanding from the task of solution. Simply listen. When she's done expressing her point of view thank her for sharing and ask if you can have a day or two to think about what you've heard. If she's willing, (ask her), then express your position without criticizing ers and then the two of you take a day or two to think about what each has said before coming to an agreement.

And when it comes down to it, you choose your wife over all others. If and when she knows the only person more important to you than her is Jesus she'll be more secure and trusting. Do not sabotage trust. It is grievous to restore once a relationship is broken.

This might seem a little out of left field but here's a link to the Google book "Not Just Friends." Read at least the first chapter. Don't think this sort of thing can't happen. Half of all the couples with whom I work have committed adultery. Lastly, there's a relatively new book on attachment skills by Sue Johnson and Kenneth Sanderfer called "Created for Connection," that's also well worth the read. Unblessedly, it's a long read so it's probably best to read it after y'all marry.

Saved the best for last: I have every couple with whom I work read Charlie Shedd's "Letters to Philip." Read it.

Remember: a $10.00 or $15.00 book can spare you hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars in counseling or lawyer's fees.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I think the expectation that you'll never talk to a member of the opposite sex in the workplace is completely unrealistic.

My best friend is married to a woman who emotionally abuses him if she even suspects he has had an entirely innocuous exchange with another woman. Please pray for Tony.

• Prayers
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Not wanting to sound flippant, but Jesus did it. Sharing the Gospel is literally the most innocent thing you can do, provided of course you do it innocently.

Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have done a fair amount of counseling, she needs to respect your boundaries, jealousy comes from insecurities. Some rules, when you are with her in public give her your full attention, don't be looking at other women.

Upvote 0