Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is the best way to evangelize non-Christians on Christians Forums?
It's difficult, I've found. Not that it can't be done, or hasn't been done, but the best evangelism is always face-to-face, because sadly, people don't have to be held accountable for what they believe behind a monitor.

Best way is to have a one on one in the PM, I would think.

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My experience has been that it's better to just relate to them and present the gospel when the opportunity arises. Targeting them just for conversion may be a turn off to many. That's been my experience. Peace in Christ:).

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I just message them and ask them if they wanna accept Jesus Christ and let Him help them with their problems. . I then take them to Romans and 10: 9-13 and many of them will then realize that they are NOT in fact really saved in the first place but That they had been "told" they were saved.
Once they grasp it, It is awesome :]

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Talk to them and "meet with" them as the individual human beings that they are, holding them accountable for the things they think they perceive and/or believe, but also doing so with hope (and accompanying prayers) that the Lord will at some point turn the same light on for them that has been turned on for all of us Christians, together in Jesus. :cool:

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Show them Christ in you. Treat them with respect. Tell them how much God loves them and what Jesus did for them.

Upvote 0

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I've been watching a discussion on "Why Jews don't believe in Jesus" and at several points it has some really cringeworthy stuff that was incredibly insensitive. I've even had to reflect a bit on a comment I posted there. It was relatively neutral, but given the overall context, I probably would not do so again.

My pastor works as a hospital chaplain. When he has a Jewish patient he will usually try to find a rabbi because he is sensitive to the fact that Lutherans have a bad history with Jews. That's something I've reflected on and it caused me to rethink responding to threads that involve debate or arguments against Judaism.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I try to point everyone to the LOVE OF GOD. Everyone wants and needs love, whether they admit it publicly or not. (This is also the way to reach moslems, as there is no God of love in their qu'oran.)

Don't judge them nor their sin.
Also I find relating to them where they are...letting them know everyone who is now a believer was once where they are... :)
that...we are not perfect, but we are forgiven and how wonderful it is to know that God cares.

Sometimes I don't say it in the best way (such as mentioning how in a war game I was really angry that a tanker kept killing my tank... I yelled in chat I DON"T LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW BUT GOD DOES~")

Give some Scripture to them... the Holy Spirit will continue to work with that for "no Scripture returns void" to God.

Begin. The first step is the hardest. Pray. We all get excited "inside" when witnessing, fwik. I say it's the Spirit within. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My pastor works as a hospital chaplain. When he has a Jewish patient he will usually try to find a rabbi because he is sensitive to the fact that Lutherans have a bad history with Jews. That's something I've reflected on and it caused me to rethink responding to threads that involve debate or arguments against Judaism.
1 Corinthians 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews;to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gainthem that are under the law;

Something to think about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Truth

Tell them the truth, with love.

If you must debate do it with carful thought and prayer and with the word of God.

Upvote 0

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
1 Corinthians 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews;to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gainthem that are under the law;

Something to think about.

Chaplains are strictly forbidden to proselytize, so I was just giving an example of somebody not wishing to scandalize someone else with their religious identity. It's not so much about converting someone as not doing any harm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and I believe in my heart that He is

We are salt and light

and we will be known by the fruit that we bear

here on cf and out in the world

How we walk is a witness

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They do not want , all they want is feeling good about themselfes by showing thier scientism .
You ask one " if Christianity was true would you worship God " and they answer NO . Then if they aren't here to be convicted what are they here for ? To mock .
We should separate ourselfes from unbelievers , yes you should preach to them the gospel but if they reject it then you simply walk away .

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 King James Version (KJV)
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Upvote 0

Dynamaniac

Apr 23, 2018
Houston
✟10,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love them. This is the best way to evangelize anyone. It's not for us to convince them, this is God's job. We have to build relationships that encourage trust. The only way to do this is to show them love of Christ -- because He first loved us -- ALL OF US. He did not come to this world to judge it, He came to save it. (HE CAME TO SAVE IT.) It is not up to us to do the saving; it's up to us to love them as we are loved. Jesus died for everyone. Pray for them. Pray for God to guide you in your words and use them to shine His light into the darkness that they may see Him, hear Him, and love Him.

Upvote 0